Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mikhail Kennedy

I posted this on the match thread just as we scored our second so didn't get a reply

What type of forward is kennedy, big/quick/poacher? Is he similar in style with anyone past or present?

How is his younger brother doing and is he a forward too?

Comments

• Nippy player as far as I know. Always had him down as a winger rather than a striker.
  • Thing of a young John Robinson ! without the big chin.
  • Does anyone know which team his kids support?

Tottenham
  • He's a Celtic fan.
  • C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

I bet the ROI are waiting to pinch him from Northern Ireland...
  • His brother seems to have left the club, isn't listed in the handbook (and would have been a second year u18 this season).
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought from under 21 I've seen on videos that he looks a number 10 type player
  • C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

Normally players from Northern Ireland choose depending on whether they come from a Catholic or Protestant background. A few exceptions but that's generally how it goes.
  • foxjam said:

C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

Normally players from Northern Ireland choose depending on whether they come from a Catholic or Protestant background. A few exceptions but that's generally how it goes.
    It does seem a bit sad that effectively that makes the N Ireland team virtually all Protestant. Their football association must wonder whether it's worth bringing Catholic players through the international ranks if they all opt to play for the Republic instead.
  • foxjam said:

C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

It does seem a bit sad that effectively that makes the N Ireland team virtually all Protestant. Their football association must wonder whether it's worth bringing Catholic players through the international ranks if they all opt to play for the Republic instead.
    I'm far from sure that that is the case
  • I'm going to keep spelling his name wrong, can I just say all hail Mick Kennedy.
  • Is Mikhail Kennedy the first Irish/Russian who has ever played For CAFC.
  • foxjam said:

C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

I'm far from sure that that is the case
    What if he's a Hindu?

• Was this our quickest debut goal?
    I'm sure Danny Mils scored after about three minutes in his debut too didn't he?
    I'm sure Danny Mils scored after about three minutes in his debut too didn't he?

At Gresty Road.

40-1 first goal scorer. :smiley:

• Addickted said:

Was this our quickest debut goal?

At Gresty Road.

40-1 first goal scorer. :smiley:

Haha! Nice!
  • Sponsored links:

• foxjam said:

C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

Look at the treatment that Neil Lennon got for playing for Non Iron.
  • foxjam said:

C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

Shearer said it was because he is a prick nothing to do with religion and that he has a face that needs booting up and down the touch line
  • foxjam said:

C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

Shearer said it was because he is a prick nothing to do with religion and that he has a face that needs booting up and down the touch line
    Really don't know about Shearer, I was on about the abuse he got when playing at Winsdor Park, by his so called own fans.

Your lordship, you may have spotted another record ?

1.Quickest debut goal.
    2.Youngest ever average for a 1st team Game since we were a boys club. (21)
    3.The oldest player in the starting line up being 26(Bergdich)

• foxjam said:

C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

Really don't know about Shearer, I was on about the abuse he got when playing at Winsdor Park, by his so called own fans.
    So no other left footer has ever played for Norn Iron then mate?
  • foxjam said:

C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

So no other left footer has ever played for Norn Iron then mate?
    Anton Rogan also played and also received abuse, not as bad as death threats that Lennon got for saying he would like to play for a 32 counties team. Prior to the division of the Free State and the 6 counties, there was only one football association for the Island of Ireland much like Rugby.

Just to show how deep it runs in the north, goalkeeper Allen McKnight was not forgiven for being a Celtic player by Northern Ireland supporters, despite his being a Protestant.

• So you are saying ALL catholics get stick when they play for NI? Genuine question, not trying to be a WUM mate.
  • Many Catholics in north see themselves as Irish, many Unionists see themselves as British, all the time this is going on, I can't see any change in the situation.
  • So you are saying ALL catholics get stick when they play for NI? Genuine question, not trying to be a WUM mate.

No, not all Catholics. I think there are a few Catholics on the NI team. NI are better than ROI now anyway.

Not sure when Alan Shearer became a spokesman for Northern Ireland fans.