Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Cole RIP

Comments

• R.I.P. George. Arthur Daley along with Trigger were two of my favourite ever characters.
  • Simply loved Minder.
  • R.I.P. George, loved Arthur Daley, Flash Harry (St. Trinians oldies) and David Bliss in the radio
    show The Life of Bliss. Will be sadly missed.
  • Brilliant actor, loved minder growing up.
  • Would you buy a car from this man ? RIP

https://youtu.be/01dXHywMMyE

Genius! RIP.
  • Minder remains my favourite series ever. A very sad day. RIP to a true legend.
  • George Cole was a tremendous actor, because to make it look so effortless, and to create characters so likeable and recognisable, is one of the hardest calls of all. He also spanned the stage/screen/TV crossover very well. RIP to this very talented guy.
  • Minder remains my favourite series ever. A very sad day. RIP to a true legend.

Agree 100%.
  • RIP Sir......condolences to family and friends....minder was one of my favourite programs.
  • Sponsored links:

That's Arthur at Brentford FC. The episode about bent tickets for England v Scotland at Wembley.
  • What a shame 90 is a good knock though

RIP Arthur
  • Sad news, a fantastic actor and by all accounts a very decent sort. Minder was pure quality and Arthur was the jewel in the crown.

RIP.
  • Absolutely gutted to hear this earlier. I know 90 is a great age, but he always came across as one of the nice guys, who played a huge part of my young through to old, TV viewing years. Just wanted to know he was always around and well.

You gave us all years of entertainment George and have left us with so many laughs, smiles & happy memories. That's a truly wonderful legacy.

Rest in Peace.
  • RIP. A great actor and a great innings
  • Met him one evening when he opened The Winchester Club in Hong Kong.
    What an absolute gent.
    A total top man in every way.
    Happy memories.
  • Another legend gone, it's sad news despite a very fine innings.

"You look happy Mr Chisholm....have they bought back hanging?"

RIP
  • edited August 2015
    The original first few series of Minder were excellent. The show was created by Euston Films to give Dennis Waterman something to do once the Sweeney had finished, however it also proved to be a remarkable vehicle for the veteran Ealing Studio star George Cole to resurrect his career and he ended up stealing the show with the wonderful creation of Arthur Daley. The show went on too long and Cole admitted this and said he was often a little embarrassed by some of the latter episodes and used to look up to the heavens as it came on the telly and apologise to his great mentor Alistair Sim.
    The Green Man, starring Cole, Sim and Terry-Thomas is one of may favourites of all time.
  • Rip Flash Harry
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP

One of the great comedy actors who learnt from the master Sims. Worth looking up his Desert Island Discs appearance, a very cultured selection.
  • A very talented but under-rated actor.Played all parts brilliantly.
    RIP George and my condolences to his family.
  • Slight aside, but not only did I love Minder, it is still to this day my favourite theme tune to a non-sports programme

http://youtu.be/bNRkwNC9Ms4
  • A touch of class. George made it look like he wasn't acting such was his talent. The warmth he brought to his roles made him so likeable and no matter how dodgy the things he was getting into as Aurther Daley I always rooted for him. For me he is up there with David Jason as one of the very best of British character actors. RIP
  • edited August 2015
    RIP George Cole. Wasn't just the older generations who loved the show. I'm 34 and can say I have the Minder DVD boxset at home.

Loved the phrases that he'd come up with such as "a nice little earner" .Timeless.
  • RIP George Cole. Wasn't just the older generations who loved the show. I'm 34 and can say I have the Minder DVD boxset at home.

Loved the phrases that he'd come up with such as "a nice little earner" .Timeless.

Or "Oh my good gawd Terry"!
  • " 'Er indoors!"
  • Loved Minder and George Cole. "Underneath, he's alright, is Arthur."
  • Oh no.....he was one of my favourites.
    2016 strikes again!