Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Osei Sankofa

Remember him? Just signed for Dulwich Hamlet.

He was sent off for us at the Emirates. We appealled on the grounds that he wasn't the last man and he had an extended ban for a frivolous appeal. Bizarre and I'm sure it could never have happened if it had been an Arsenal player sent off.

Shame he never made it, Sankofa. Looked promising as a youngster.

Comments

• Yeah always remember that Arsenal sending off... think its one that'll live long in my memory.

Along with the likes of Barry Fuller / Neil McCafferty / Harry Arter / Stacy Long I reckon he must rue the fact that he came along in our Youth Academy just a bit too soon, had it been a couple of years ago them maybe all of them would have made it at Charlton.
  • Whenever I think of sankofa frivolous is always the word I recall. Seems a shame as he seemed decent enough to carve out a career in the football league.
  • edited August 2015
    delete!
  • Playing with 10 men away at Arsenal was possibly the most tedious away day experience I can remember from our Premier League years.
  • Didn't he get nicked for something whilst playing for Orient?

That was Elliot Omosuzi

• Didn't he get nicked for something whilst playing for Orient?

That was Elliot Omosuzi

Cheers Clem. Actually as soon as I posted that I realised it wasn't Sankofa but the bloke you mentioned whose name I couldn't remember.

By the way, I'm impressed as my post was only there for a minute you managed to respond to it!
  • Was the unlucky player involved in the Fulham heartbreak debacle when that lino gave the worst handball decision of all time
  • I went to a reserves match he played in and he busted his knee. Tore his ACL and all of that malarkey. Worst part was the sound. It rattled around the whole stadium. Sounded like two shin pads being whacked together. Might have contributed to his downfall
  • edited August 2015
    Leuth said:

Was the unlucky player involved in the Fulham heartbreak debacle when that lino gave the worst handball decision of all time

Think that may have been Traore? May be wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Was the unlucky player involved in the Fulham heartbreak debacle when that lino gave the worst handball decision of all time

Think that may have been Traore? May be wrong.
    Yes it was the hapless Djimi Traore.
  • Oh ok. I was only young then tbf
  • LordDofB said:

Of course I remember him. He is now aged 30 and coaches Charlton's U10s. Plays part time and believe was at Whitehawk last season.

Didn't know that.
  • Vincenzo said:

LordDofB said:

Of course I remember him. He is now aged 30 and coaches Charlton's U10s. Plays part time and believe was at Whitehawk last season.

Didn't know that.
    He was walking round the pitch with his group towards the end of last season when it was Academy Day.

• Yeah always remember that Arsenal sending off... think its one that'll live long in my memory.

Along with the likes of Barry Fuller / Neil McCafferty / Harry Arter / Stacy Long I reckon he must rue the fact that he came along in our Youth Academy just a bit too soon, had it been a couple of years ago them maybe all of them would have made it at Charlton.

Pretty sure Harry Arter is glad he never made it at Charlton as he will now be playing Prem football with Bournemouth.
  • I am probably wrong but for some reason I have a feeling his first 4 games for us were 2 v Man Utd and 2 v Arsenal or similar. May not have made it properly but not many can say they made their debut at Old Trafford.
  • Pretty sure he got an assist on his debut at Man Utd - passing through to Claus Jensen.

Having to mark Ronaldo on your first team debut was hardly an easy start to your professional career.
  • Still feel a little aggrieved over that red card he got at Arsenal. Just remember thinking it was a little harsh at the time and was outraged that the ban was extended. Great to hear that he's still connected with the club and serving here even though his career didn't quite go as planned.
  • Addickted said:

Pretty sure he got an assist on his debut at Man Utd - passing through to Claus Jensen.

Having to mark Ronaldo on your first team debut was hardly an easy start to your professional career.

He made his debut in 2002/03 coming on in the 73rd minute, Jensen scored in the 13th minute and Ronaldo joined in the summer a few months after.
    He was right then.....marking a player in a totally different country is definitely not easy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't the appeal for teh Red Card based upon the fact the guy he pulled back was offside at the time?
  • Dizzle said:

I went to a reserves match he played in and he busted his knee. Tore his ACL and all of that malarkey. Worst part was the sound. It rattled around the whole stadium. Sounded like two shin pads being whacked together. Might have contributed to his downfall

I remember that well. I think it was at Barnet.

It was a bad injury, you just knew it could be career threatening and to be fair I don't recall him playing after that. Shame cos I thought he was promising.
  • T said:

Wasn't the appeal for teh Red Card based upon the fact the guy he pulled back was offside at the time?

You might be right. Clearly memory is not a strong suit on here.
  • Addickted said:

Pretty sure he got an assist on his debut at Man Utd - passing through to Claus Jensen.

He made his debut in 2002/03 coming on in the 73rd minute, Jensen scored in the 13th minute and Ronaldo joined in the summer a few months after.
    ......... apart from that, what did Sankofa ever do for us?

Alcohol can do terrible things - could have sworn Ronaldo played in that fixture. Jensen of course scored in the first half in the Stretford End.

Live by the Sword presented RVN and Scotty Parker with the MOM awards after the game, where RVN confirmed his support for the Addicks

• Leuth said:

Oh ok. I was only young then tbf

Young AND a massive daft racist.

• Osei was Alfie's coach for the last year and a half. I spoke to Osei last week at Sparrows lane and he told me he was coaching CAFC U10s and U16 and also coaching Ebsfleet first team now Dulwich? He's going to be one busy bee!!!!
  • Mr. Happy said:

Leuth said:

Piss off. That match was one of Sankofa's 15 appearances total for us and I must have remembered that he was playing and combined this with a daft handball call on a full-back. Getting two full-backs muddled up from a match 8 years ago hardly suits a racism accusation let alone a Partridge quote

• Mr. Happy said:

I suppose all fullbacks look alike to you...

It's utter nonsense like this, that creates race problems, not resolves them.
    You sir, are a fool and should apologise to Leuth imo.
  • Mr. Happy said:

Leuth said:

The one has turned up.