Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kelvin MacKenzie

Comments

• H
    colthe3rd said:

Not funny, not well written. Don't get the point of that article. I thought KM was QPR?

Wasn't he Millwall then decided their fans weren't very nice so started watching us when conveniently we were in the Prem then after a couple of relegations decided QPR was easier to get to? Again conveniently as they got their injection of money.
    He's always been Charlton I thought.
  • This has maybe ruined my lunchtime (knowing he's an Addick)
  • edited February 2015

H

colthe3rd said:

Not funny, not well written. Don't get the point of that article. I thought KM was QPR?

Wasn't he Millwall then decided their fans weren't very nice so started watching us when conveniently we were in the Prem then after a couple of relegations decided QPR was easier to get to? Again conveniently as they got their injection of money.
    He says he has, but when we went down to L1 he done a poll in his Sun article of what club he should go and support cos we were crap. QPR was the club 'chosen'. The blokes a proper prick.
  • edited February 2015
    From his previous record he should be calling it TalkSHITE.
  • H

colthe3rd said:

I thought he was a Millwall go-er who 'switched' to Charlton during our return / Premiership years. Never had him down as a lifelong fan, and his silly comments about switching elsewhere again after we went sour kind of shows that. I think he got himself in with the Slater / Jiminez / Cash group when they took over and seemed to take interest again.

never knew that his first job was on the Mercury. I'll give him some dues, he is never out of work for long and i think has made some decent money along the way, particularly from investing in his son's firm.

• He was definitely Millwall in The Sun's 1980s heyday.
  • Just a few of the previous KM threads where some have a whinge...

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/24908/kelvin-mackenzie-in-todays-sun/p1

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/34632/kelvin-mackenzies-column-in-the-sun-today-charlton-pathetic/p1

actually AFKA you wrote an article on it entitled: Why KM and his crew will never get it.. its disappeared. Were you told to?

And the Guardian picked up on it..

http://www.theguardian.com/media/mediamonkeyblog/2009/apr/01/charlton-athletic-kelvin-mackenzie

right back to work.

• He was definitely Millwall in The Sun's 1980s heyday.

Says a lot about us if he thought we were too nasty to be around.
  • Nothing good though
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone seen his article in Sun today if so can you post it.
  • Give English footie talent a chance

NOT sure how well Charlton Athletic (oxymoron) is being run right now.

I paid for my season ticket back in March/April and with only four days to the start of the Championship season am still waiting for it. Unsure if the problem is at the printers or in the management suite.

That may be a petty gripe but what does annoy me is that looking at the Charlton “buys” for this season there will be virtually no English players in our side.

It destroys the argument from Premier League executive chairman Richard Scudamore that if home-grown talent – who can’t get into the club team because of foreign competiton – couldn’t fill our national team then the second tier could.

It might be helpful before Mr Scudamore made such remarks if he looked at Championship squads where more players looked to Mecca than Canterbury for their inspiration.

Does he seriously believe that the way football is going there will be any English players outside the East Riding Amateur Association?

Charlton is not dissimilar to many second-tier professional clubs. In our case we have an average foreign owner, a rather good overseas manager and a collection of mercenary journeyman footballers, most of whom will be gone before the owner learns to pronounce their name.

I feel increasingly isolated from my team by the lack of home-grown talent.

Surely it’s time in the lower leagues to force managements to have at least five UK born players (even the odd one from Jockestan) in the team rather than relying exclusively on economic migrants.

Of course it might lower playing standards in the short term but if all clubs were going down together nobody would have an advantage.

And I would have the umbilical cord to my team back.
  • One word - Pillock
  • Missed out Sarr from that graphic.

Millwall idiot (tautology I know).

Already a six home grown player in the 18 rule which MAY rise to nine.

• I feel increasingly isolated from my team by the lack of home-grown talent.

The mans an absolute f****g p***k.

Perhaps he should contribute to VG! Or here is an idea actually watch a game and see how many English players were in the team last year.

He obviously spends his time at the games checking on how Millwall, QPR and west ham are getting on or enjoying the boardroom hospitality.
  • Not been to Sparrows Lane recently then?

The man is a complete and utter tosser.
  • Arguably the world's greatest footballer moving from Barcelona to Charlton? Don't be ridiculous. It would never happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• its almost as if he enjoys slating us
  • I've seen similar posts on here.
  • "It might be helpful before Mr Scudamore made such remarks if he looked at Championship squads where more players looked to Mecca than Canterbury for their inspiration."

So only Christian people can be English?

Wish Charlton would ban this idiot.
  • its almost as if he enjoys slating us

Perhaps he should join CL ? :smile:
  • He probably is a poster.
    Which one though?
  • Is this the same fella that printed lies about Hillsborough to help the police out?
  • Curb_It said:

He probably is a poster.
    Which one though?

Chizz?
  • It's not the fact that he has slated our foreign Players, he wouldn't be alone in the last couple of years of doing that, but no mention of Joe Gomez and how many Academy boys have been given a chance in the previous 2 seasons ?
    Unlike Grade, Davidson ETC, Has any one on CL ever seen Him down the valley ?

The problem is, being Gray haired and in his late 60's it would be hard to pick him out :wink:
  • It's not the fact that he has slated our foreign Players, he wouldn't be alone in the last couple of years of doing that, but no mention of Joe Gomez and how many Academy boys have been given a chance in the previous 2 seasons ?
    Unlike Grade, Davidson ETC, Has any one on CL ever seen Him down the valley ?

The problem is, being Gray haired and in his late 60's it would be hard to pick him out :wink:

There are photos of him in the directors box when the gruesome twosome were in charge. Not on Grade or Davidson's level.
  • Anything that isolates him from CAFC is just fine by me. I suspect he has season tickets at assorted London clubs, so I wouldn't take his show of apparent loyalty at face value.

It's a good idea to provide little maps for the Sun readers, so they know Spain is not the bit just to the left of England.