Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Regan Charles-Cook

Only 18 but featuring a fair bit.

Never seen him, can anyone give the lowdown on what sort of player?

How did he do today? Do you think he'll feature this season?

Comments

• A bit like Harriot when he first broke through and had confidence.

Probably a bit more disciplined defensively.
  • WSS said:

A bit like Harriot when he first broke through and had confidence.

Probably a bit more disciplined defensively.

let's hope that the young man is a 'find from nowhere' and can save a few thousand in transfer fees
  • edited July 2015
    I haven't seen him play in person but from reports I got the impression he's a bit like Bradley Pritchard but with more technical ability.

Whether that is right or not....
  • Nearly scored with a nice flick. Got some pace, some step overs and is a positive runner. Linked up well with Fox today. Seemed a little bit unsure tactically though and Luzon spent a lot of time shouting and directing him, especially at defensive corners. Would be decent back up to a more experienced left winger, hopefully Henry.
  • Saw him play central midfield in the Cardiff youth cup game in December and on the stream when they played Brentford in the league play-off. Based on those games I thought he looked like someone that would have enough to get a pro deal but didn't stand out in the way other midfielders like Palmer and Shelvey did at a similar age. Had a bit of pace and energy and was decent on the ball, but he wasn't someone I'd have expected to be in and around the first team so soon.

@dickplumb did say recently that he really impressed him in the latter half of the season. Clearly that has also been the case for Luzon and the coaching staff.

Being able to play out wide could give him a route to the first team. Compare to Muldoon for example, he's the oldest u21 midfielder but Charles-Cook to me looked that bit quicker and more comfortable running with the ball, which you want out wide.

If the plan always was to give him a run in pre-season I hope he was given more than a 1 year contract.
  • Due to poor ticket office, I didn't get into the ground until 10 mins into the game and until he was taken off, I thought it was Harriott..... :smiley:
  • Average
  • Former Arsenal youth player,clearly he's rated by Luzon
  • Footballing family brother plays for Bromley formerly Ebbsfleet, other brother Coventry I believe and after witnessing his Dad watching him against Arsenal for the youth team in FA Youth Cup , his old man is worth the entrance money alone.
  • It will be hard for any of our young players to make the same impact that Joe Gomez did last season. Have seen Regan CC play 4 times and still i am not sure, but at 18 has plenty of time to shine.
    The talent in our 18 and younger seem the strongest CAFC have had for years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Footballing family brother plays for Bromley formerly Ebbsfleet, other brother Coventry I believe and after witnessing his Dad watching him against Arsenal for the youth team in FA Youth Cup , his old man is worth the entrance money alone.

His dad is a cracking bloke - very proud of his boys and knowledgeable about the game as well as very grounded.

• edited July 2015
    Thought he showed initial promise
  • Swisdom taotally agree, thoroughly enjoyed listening to him, must be very proud, I for one think Regan cook is a gem.
  • Swisdom taotally agree, thoroughly enjoyed listening to him, must be very proud, I for one think Regan cook is a gem.

Lets hope so
  • Looked tidy and certainly worth a place in the 18. We were better when K A-G came on
  • Thought he done ok today and hopefully will feature in the 1st team squad from now one. Not out of depth at all.
  • Give him another couple of years to fill out and get stronger then we'll have another talent on our hands
  • The thing that has impressed me the most about RCC is his ability to lose the ball to the defender whilst dribbling, only to suddenly be back in possession a second or two later. He is a bit of a terrier in the respect, but he then has enough skills and ball control to cause some problems. Unlucky not to score yesterday, and I imagine he'll get some bench appearances at the very least
  • I like him having seen him yesterday and at Welling.

In fact during the Welling game I had no idea who he was and thought he was a trialist or something who was older than 18.

Reminds me a bit of Shaun Wright Phillips
  • He's got a few brothers who play football too. One is a keeper and all their names begin with the letter R.
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

He's got a few brothers who play football too. One is a keeper and all their names begin with the letter R.

Ranthony Cook?
  • Born the week we beat West Brom 5-0 at The Valley - yikes!
  • Didn't see him play yesterday but saw him vs Sunt Truidin and thought he was out of his depth. I saw him again vs Daggers and he showed some promise. Definitely has the potential. Needs to fill out a bit.
  • What is his favoured position?? (Not doggystyle) He has been used all across midfield this pre season but I see him more as a CM??

• Literally nobody would have read that as sexual until your disclaimer fwiw :P
  • Leuth said:

Literally nobody would have read that as sexual until your disclaimer fwiw :P

I immediately thought "reverse cowgirl" or "inverted screwdriver"
  • Leuth said:

Literally nobody would have read that as sexual until your disclaimer fwiw :P

I immediately thought "reverse cowgirl" or "inverted screwdriver"
    I think I've had a sheltered life - not aware of these ones.....
  • Linked with Arsenal (who released him when he was younger) and Liverpool in the SLP.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117184

Not seen loads of him but from what I have he's not one I thought would end up at that level.
  • He is an excellent player and am not surprised that bigger clubs are looking at him.
  • The leader of our successful under 21 team. One word describes him - Quality