Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich train tickets

edited March 2008 in Match Day Travel
Just in case anyone hasnt got their train tickets yet and isnt going by the Charlton Life sunshine bus, train fares are allot cheaper from Stratford.

£32 return for first class! £2 more than from greenwich by normal class.

Comments

• got ours for £12.00 return
    not first class but who cares ill be asleep anyway
  • asleep? we'll be drinking!
  • What trains are people getting from Stratford?
  • Suzi i will try drinking but me and trains dont work i just sleep

Get on in the morning to work before its left the platform im gone

Ours Leaves Liverpool St 10.38 arrives Ipswich 11.56
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What trains are people getting from Stratford?

mine arrives in ipswich a bit before midday i think, one before LeftBehind i'd guess
  • I'm on the 12.38 from Stratford. Give us a call Isaw when you get there about pubs
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm on the 12.38 from Stratford. Give us a call Isaw when you get there about pubs

same here.

I'll be the one drinking pimms in the civilised section....
  • we're on the 12.02 from Stratford arriving 13.08 and meeting Ms Lats in the pub by the station at 13.30.
    we're on the 7pm train back
  • Blimey so we could be the first there
  • Why are we all going? we must need our heads examined!!
  • Sponsored links:

• forget the footy

Its all about the beer
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Just in case anyone hasnt got their train tickets yet and isnt going by the Charlton Life sunshine bus, train fares are allot cheaper from Stratford.

Cheaper still if you rebook at Colchester or Manningtree depending in which of the two stations the train calls at - i.e. cheap day returns from london/stratford/charlton/wherever to colchester or manningtree then a cheap day return from that station to ipswich. should come to less than the rip-off saver to ipswich. If you have a travelcard season ticket then getting the ticket from the last zone on the route (for zone 6 I think this is Harold Wood) might be cheaper still - from what I recall if one ticket is a season ticket the train doesn't actually have to stop there.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Just in case anyone hasnt got their train tickets yet and isnt going by the Charlton Life sunshine bus, train fares are allot cheaper from Stratford.

Cheaper still if you rebook at Colchester or Manningtree depending in which of the two stations the train calls at - i.e. cheap day returns from london/stratford/charlton/wherever to colchester or manningtree then a cheap day return from that station to ipswich. should come to less than the rip-off saver to ipswich. If you have a travelcard season ticket then getting the ticket from the last zone on the route (for zone 6 I think this is Harold Wood) might be cheaper still - from what I recall if one ticket is a season ticket the train doesn't actually have to stop there.

And people wonder why we get called trainspotters... Anyhow i tried what you said, it still come out a bit cheaper just to go direct from Liverpool Street to Ipswich and back.
  • the talk of trains gets people all hot and bothered.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]
    And people wonder why we get called trainspotters... Anyhow i tried what you said, it still come out a bit cheaper just to go direct from Liverpool Street to Ipswich and back.

This only applies to walk on fares bought on the day - not any advance purchase tickets.

London - Ipswich - Saver 31.50 (there is no such thing as a cheap day return from London to Ipswich)

London - Manningtree - Cheap Day Return 21.00 + Manningtree - Ipswich - Cheap Day Return 4.50 - Total 25.50 (most trains except for the xx.38 ex-Liverpool street)
    London - Colchester - Cheap Day Return 18.80 + Colchester - Ipswich - Cheap Day Return 7.20 - Total 26.00 (xx.38 stops at Colchester not Manningtree)