Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dulwich Hamlet v Charlton XI (2-3, Wiggins injured)

Comments

• Another bonus at Dulwich was the choice of two cask ales. The Crack of Dawn went down a treat.
  • Vincenzo said:

Another bonus at Dulwich was the choice of two cask ales. The Crack of Dawn went down a treat.

Nice. SE London CAMRA held a beer festival there 2 or 3 years ago
  • edited July 2015
    VF isn't this cut and paste from last season? FFS five of starting line up had no league experience and 2nd half more kids came on at which time we were 3-0 up. It was largely a fitness exercise. I understand West Ham are coming to a ground near you soon and will play much better football.
  • Seconds out! Round two!
  • Not an apologist, won't apologise for thinking you're a to$$er. I have always lived miles from the Valley (Surrey/Berks) and never played organised football but not impressed with your supposed expertise. Are you Royston from ITTV?
  • Was a really enjoyable afternoon and a decent match considering it was a development squad game with a bit of a run-out for some of the first-teamers.

Dulwich certainly raised their game and had the best of it during that first half, but our finishing was key. Jackson's goal was superb, and I hope we'll be seeing more of Joe Aribo - strong, precise, surprised to find he had come from as low down as Staines Town.

Wish Charlton had made a bit more of it because it would have been nice to have seen some more Addicks at Champion Hill - all good PR and that - but 750-odd was a damn good crowd for a pre-season friendly as it was (and considering a lot of the Dulwich support were down the road at the Lambeth Country Show swigging Chucklehead cider).
  • Not an apologist, won't apologise for thinking you're a to$$er. I have always lived miles from the Valley (Surrey/Berks) and never played organised football but not impressed with your supposed expertise. Are you Royston from ITTV?

You are personally offended by any criticism of our players or the club, and you respond with vile abuse. You are in good company, Harveys Gardener: There are many other deeply unpleasant individuals on this forum.

• Sponsored links:

• VF you just trot out the same garbage time after time. If you think "to$$er" is VILE you need to grow a thicker skin or stop posting 100% negative comments.
  • That was quite pitiful. We had half our 'first' team playing at Dulwich, and nothing happened. I'll give you an example: our man in midfield has the ball at his feet, is confronted by an opponent, passes to our man ten yards away - who gives it back to him.

Without running to make the simple triangle.

They do this at The Valley: we are dispossessed, yet again. Another basic failing: Our midfielder rushes into a 50-50 challenge, slides over the back of his opponent, who comes away with the ball.

There is a physical weakness about our squad: They are midgets. Look at the Dulwich players: they muscled their way through every confrontation, perfectly legitimately. Let's look at the second half.

Vast swathes of inability to get over the half-way line. No-one in midfield has the strength or intelligence to pass, run and receive. Not one of our players is capable of a forward move. Up front we have a dwarf trialist and Zak Ansah. We are playing a team whose opponents in two weeks' time are Chipstead, Merstham, and Canvey Island.

After the final whistle I chatted to a professional couple: mid-forties, I'd guess. Gentrifiers at Goose Green. Used to live in West Hampstead, went to The Valley once or twice, now regulars at Dulwich Hamlet. "As outsiders," I asked, "What did you think of Charlton today?"

"Well - with half your first-team players - I'm surprised they couldn't make the slightest impression..."

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but...

No positives from yesterday then? Not impressed by the young lad from Staines, the skill of Lookman, the superb cross for the 3rd goal.

The only reason why the scoreline was a lot closer with all due respect to Dulwich was the amount of trialists on the pitch at the same time in the last 25 mins with Holmes Dennis the most experienced player in a Charlton shirt.

There were more positives than the negatives you have mentioned.
  • edited July 2015

That was quite pitiful. We had half our 'first' team playing at Dulwich, and nothing happened. I'll give you an example: our man in midfield has the ball at his feet, is confronted by an opponent, passes to our man ten yards away - who gives it back to him.

Without running to make the simple triangle.

They do this at The Valley: we are dispossessed, yet again. Another basic failing: Our midfielder rushes into a 50-50 challenge, slides over the back of his opponent, who comes away with the ball.

There is a physical weakness about our squad: They are midgets. Look at the Dulwich players: they muscled their way through every confrontation, perfectly legitimately. Let's look at the second half.

Vast swathes of inability to get over the half-way line. No-one in midfield has the strength or intelligence to pass, run and receive. Not one of our players is capable of a forward move. Up front we have a dwarf trialist and Zak Ansah. We are playing a team whose opponents in two weeks' time are Chipstead, Merstham, and Canvey Island.

After the final whistle I chatted to a professional couple: mid-forties, I'd guess. Gentrifiers at Goose Green. Used to live in West Hampstead, went to The Valley once or twice, now regulars at Dulwich Hamlet. "As outsiders," I asked, "What did you think of Charlton today?"

"Well - with half your first-team players - I'm surprised they couldn't make the slightest impression..."

It's not even a witty wind up!
  • Was a really enjoyable afternoon and a decent match considering it was a development squad game with a bit of a run-out for some of the first-teamers.

Dulwich certainly raised their game and had the best of it during that first half, but our finishing was key. Jackson's goal was superb, and I hope we'll be seeing more of Joe Aribo - strong, precise, surprised to find he had come from as low down as Staines Town.

Wish Charlton had made a bit more of it because it would have been nice to have seen some more Addicks at Champion Hill - all good PR and that - but 750-odd was a damn good crowd for a pre-season friendly as it was (and considering a lot of the Dulwich support were down the road at the Lambeth Country Show swigging Chucklehead cider).

I have tried to find Joe Aribo on Google no where to be seen! Not in any resent or past Staines squads ! Is that hes real name or is he a ringer a made up name! Interesting
  • uie2 said:

Was a really enjoyable afternoon and a decent match considering it was a development squad game with a bit of a run-out for some of the first-teamers.

I have tried to find Joe Aribo on Google no where to be seen! Not in any resent or past Staines squads ! Is that hes real name or is he a ringer a made up name! Interesting
    I'd try again if I was you.

Simply typing Joe Aribo into Google gave me pictures at the top of the page and 10 links on page one.

Didn't bother looking at page two.
  • VF don't think I've posted about Harriott or Pigott for months. Wtf?
  • Sponsored links: