Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

lewisham last night...

any curtain twitchers round there see what was going on?

I was on my way home about 8 pm, and the bus was diverted up behind the shopping centre and down the high street before turning right into lee high road

groucho said there was an ambulance there and a couple of police cars when he was travelling through at 6pm, and les_says said at 9pm when he was passing through the area, there were forensics dusting the pavements and there were areas sectioned off by the police station

sounded/looked quite serious, any one heard anything?

Comments

• It was all quiet when I came through in a sherbert - at about 2am!

Mind you, I was half asleep.
  • just did a little investigation, looks like a fella was stabbed at the bus stop by the police station. he's in a critical condition.
  • That's Lewisham for you - a real cesspit.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]That's Lewisham for you - a real cesspit.[/quote]

As oppossed to all the other nice areas locally, ere .. like Eltham, Sidcup, Bexleyheath, Margate
  • Eltham can be nasty - but the sham is a real hole.
  • i wasn't having a pop at the area, what happened sounds grim, but it could have been anywhere, just nosy cos i go through there every night and usually would be at that bus stop.
    hope he's alright and they nail the b'stards.

fancy doing it outside a police station! stupid as well as nasty!
  • pop away Suzi. I used to live in Catford and went through the sham all of the time.
    it's a total khazi. the scumbag/"normal people" ratio is particulatly high.
    have got no particular axe to grind, that's just my view.
    always feel like I need a good wash whenever I go there now.
  • lewisham can be very hit and miss, there are crazy people everywhere, some friendly crazy and some scary crazy. lewisham by the entrance to the dlr, has its fair share of scary crazy people.

i was walking up to my house on saturday with shopping for our roast dinner, and this old looking lady walked past us, it was tipping it down, and we were getting soaked, she only had a jumper on and was smiling inanely at us. then she piped up "happy christmas" "happy christmas"

i love friendly crazy people, we walked up the hill smiling! bless her
  • In the little Black Forest village that I used to work in I used to walk past this batty old woman's house on the way back to the train station in the evenings, I'm not sure if she used to wait for to walk past her house or not but she always used to open the window and say hello. Story was she used to walk around with a parrot on her shoulder.
  • edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

pop away Suzi. I used to live in Catford and went through the sham all of the time.
    it's a total khazi. the scumbag/"normal people" ratio is particulatly high.
    have got no particular axe to grind, that's just my view.
    always feel like I need a good wash whenever I go there now.

Normal people ratio ... now that is funny
  • Sponsored links:

• Listening to the news on the Radio last night driving home, it said a fatal stabbing had occurred in the high street.
  • oi riscardo.. watch the sidcup digs boy.. seems strange hearing you so very anti when you was looking to buy a place round the corner from me.
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Listening to the news on the Radio last night driving home, it said a fatal stabbing had occurred in the high street.

hope they catch the b'stards!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Bobbolder[/cite]oi riscardo.. watch the sidcup digs boy.. seems strange hearing you so very anti when you was looking to buy a place round the corner from me.

LOL, can just imagine him in the Charcoal with his plus fours, moniker and blazer.

G, you got a game tonight ?
  • it's everywhere. four blokes were shot in my local last week and i live in a nice part of sheffield (yes, yorkshire does have nice parts before you all start. Hillsborough and Bramall Lane eccepted, in fact anything football), so i guess this can happen anywhere
  • Prince - a programme on digi tv last night named one pub on an estate in Sheffield as one of the worst pubs in GB. The barmaid likes to get her tits out!
  • sounds like bexleyheath!
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Prince - a programme on digi tv last night named one pub on an estate in Sheffield as one of the worst pubs in GB. The barmaid likes to get her tits out!

I watched that as well..... How minging was she?

That old bloke pub in Wales was quality.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Bobbolder[/cite]oi riscardo.. watch the sidcup digs boy.. seems strange hearing you so very anti when you was looking to buy a place round the corner from me.

Move to Sidcup ... lol. I think not.

I'm trying out the plus fours with those pink and blue footie socks ...
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]sounds like bexleyheath!

LOL !!! Easy Tiger !!
  • Sponsored links:

• that pic when you hover over your name...

staff in yates or whatever its called? i think not! :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]that pic when you hover over your name...

staff in yates or whatever its called? i think not! :-)

You have a point Suz !! ;-)
  • Having lived in both areas there is absolutely no question that Sidcup, even though it's far from perfect, is ten times better than Lewisham. Anyone who thinks different must have a screw loose!