Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Trains not stopping at Lewisham until later this evening.

Both Southern and SouthEastern have "signal problems" on the same day as the tube strikes! F***ing unions!!

FFS, I've left early as i have to pick my daughter up. Am two stops away from Lewisham on the dlr. F*****g useless c***s.
  • Am sorry but with mayhem on the Tubes... WHY run freight trains today, there are going to be problems enough so keep the lines clear for getting people home!!
  • Am sorry but with mayhem on the Tubes... WHY run freight trains today, there are going to be problems enough so keep the lines clear for getting people home!!

Ridiculous suggestion, far too sensible.
  • Whats also a joke is the fact that you get daytrippers going up to London when there are tube strikes... Am sorry but Rail Companies need to keep numbers down when there is a tube strike so unless you've got a Rail Season Ticket (Weekly / Monthly / Yearly)... which is something you can get on your Oyster Card then you shouldn't be allowed to travel on the trains (i.e. if you've a Day Travelcard).

Straight away means that there will be less chaos

Eh what? You are gonna ban people from visiting London due to the tube strike hahaha

• To make matters worse, I've had to use the Bexleyheath line with the great unwashed.
  • To make matters worse, I've had to use the Bexleyheath line with the great unwashed.

I feel for you Dave, I really do. You'll get through it mate, stay strong.
  • And I had to run for it and didn't have time for the piss that's hanging around. Better not be a queue for cabs.
  • Sponsored links:

• DanDavis said:

Whats also a joke is the fact that you get daytrippers going up to London when there are tube strikes... Am sorry but Rail Companies need to keep numbers down when there is a tube strike so unless you've got a Rail Season Ticket (Weekly / Monthly / Yearly)... which is something you can get on your Oyster Card then you shouldn't be allowed to travel on the trains (i.e. if you've a Day Travelcard).

Eh what? You are gonna ban people from visiting London due to the tube strike hahaha

Yes I would... Am on a train home and eight people couldnt get on the train cos two people on a lovely day out got on with their prams, tough shit for the people who have been stuck working all day!!
  • edited July 2015

Whats also a joke is the fact that you get daytrippers going up to London when there are tube strikes... Am sorry but Rail Companies need to keep numbers down when there is a tube strike so unless you've got a Rail Season Ticket (Weekly / Monthly / Yearly)... which is something you can get on your Oyster Card then you shouldn't be allowed to travel on the trains (i.e. if you've a Day Travelcard).

You haven't gave this much thought have you. What about those who have seeked alternative transport when their primary mode is the underground?
  • edited July 2015

yeah sod anyone going to london for a hospital appointment..... come on..... Yep, patients should give chemo a miss this week so not to inconvenience a few commuters that are inconvenienced by the full tube strike for the 1st time in 7 years.....

• I am in a cab en route from Knightsbridge to Liverpool st. Already 13 quid and only at Piccadilly. Poxy strikers.
  • edited July 2015

DanDavis said:

Yes I would... Am on a train home and eight people couldnt get on the train cos two people on a lovely day out got on with their prams, tough shit for the people who have been stuck working all day!!
    I agree with this. Anyone who takes a bike or pram or buggy onto public transport during rush hour is either a moron or a bell-end, or both.
  • Driving home from work earlier some farmer thought it a good idea to move his sheep from one field to another via the road I was on, added 5 farkin minutes to my journey. FFS!
  • Fiiish said:

DanDavis said:

I agree with this. Anyone who takes a bike or pram or buggy onto public transport during rush hour is either a moron or a bell-end, or both.
    Like farmers moving sheep at half 4 in the afternoon, what a si he is
  • MrOneLung said:

I am in a cab en route from Knightsbridge to Liverpool st. Already 13 quid and only at Piccadilly. Poxy strikers.

48 quid. Lucky I can claim it back. Had to get out cab at Barbican as roads closed for a fucking fun run in the city !!! Hour and half it took.
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

I am in a cab en route from Knightsbridge to Liverpool st. Already 13 quid and only at Piccadilly. Poxy strikers.

48 quid. Lucky I can claim it back. Had to get out cab at Barbican as roads closed for a fucking fun run in the city !!! Hour and half it took.
    Oh come on, they're allowed a BBQ blowout at least three or four times a year!
  • Sponsored links:

• brogib said:

Driving home from work earlier some farmer thought it a good idea to move his sheep from one field to another via the road I was on, added 5 farkin minutes to my journey. FFS!

You must be use to strikes over there.

Business is more important than people.

(In their eyes not mine)
  • It seems to me that the Cannon Street commuters are getting the shitty end of the stick with this disruption. I use CX and to be fair have had little or no problem getting the 7.49 from New Eltham each morning. However, Mrs MaM has had nothing but nightmares getting to and from Cannon Street.

The Cannon Street services on the Sidcup line IMO have always been poor, with only 3 trains stopping at Lewisham for Docklands commuters between 8 and 9 in the morning.

I feel it should have been reasonable for those who planned this reorganization of the timetable, especially on the Sidcup line, that despite putting 12 carriage trains on, more trains are needed.

I've used the Eltham line a few times recently and they don't appear to be badly affected.

Roll on September when I can put all this behind me, and put my feet up.

And not only that, the Iron Bridges from the viaduct are now missing. This should keep BTP's Metal Theft department busy for a few weeks.

Are you retiring m_a_m? I guess now the bridge at New Eltham station is back, your work is done! :smile:
  • Major disruption being reported on the Sidcup, Bexleyheath and Woolwich lines due to a broken down train.

Second f*cking night in a row!

I am sure they do this on purpose around rush hour time just to p!ss everyone off!
  • Love it. Everyday this week, the trains have been delayed going home. I love South Eastern
  • Can't wait to move down South judging by this thread. Northern Rail had been chaos all week and there's no strikes or any other disruption, they're just absolutely shite. If there was a similar thread to this on a Bolton Wanderers forum it'd get 1000 posts a day.
  • Yeah, but norverners will moan about anything Fiiish!! :wink:
  • Not sure why I received this, but got an invite to 'quiz' SE boss about rail services at a public meeting......Thursday at Sidcup.........by the local MP.
    I assume anyone can go?.......( If I have been invited) I however will not be going as I am up in London, as I have been let out for the day, and going to the west end for a jolly up. Only been to London twice this year by train, so hardly have an up to date working knowledge of this, but if the postings on here are anything to go by, it could be a lively evening........
  • Not sure why I received this, but got an invite to 'quiz' SE boss about rail services at a public meeting......Thursday at Sidcup.........by the local MP.
    I assume anyone can go?.......( If I have been invited) I however will not be going as I am up in London, as I have been let out for the day, and going to the west end for a jolly up. Only been to London twice this year by train, so hardly have an up to date working knowledge of this, but if the postings on here are anything to go by, it could be a lively evening........

Mr Largo should be the Charlton life representative