Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Huskaris said:

All trains going to London via Greenwich diverted to go via Lewisham

Would have helped me out, but its sorted now
  • I can sense @MrLargo 's ears pricking up as theses last few posts have been written :)

Last night, I had to pick up an anniversary card for the mrs. I work in Covent Garden and thought, there's that card shop just inside Charing Cross, i'll go there. After I got my card I thought, instead of carrying on walking to Westminster to get the jubilee line, I thought just jump on a train (any train) to Waterloo East, walk to southwark and get back on the jubilee. Why did I bother?????

I think it took me about 20mins to get to the jubilee line platform at Southwark. Ridiculous
  • cabbles said:

I can sense @MrLargo 's ears pricking up as theses last few posts have been written :)

Last night, I had to pick up an anniversary card for the mrs. I work in Covent Garden and thought, there's that card shop just inside Charing Cross, i'll go there. After I got my card I thought, instead of carrying on walking to Westminster to get the jubilee line, I thought just jump on a train (any train) to Waterloo East, walk to southwark and get back on the jubilee. Why did I bother?????

I think it took me about 20mins to get to the jubilee line platform at Southwark. Ridiculous

Mine's been okay today - only 3 minutes late, overcrowded but not as much as usual and, because the weather's nice and the windows are open, the stench of rectal decay and stale McDonald's is a bit fainter than usual.
  • You need to go in later. I'm flying in.
  • edited June 2015
    Sevens tresspassers on the track at Maze Hill. Power back on but they will be screwed no doubt.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/13335364.Seven_trespassers_cause_Southeastern_chaos_on_Woolwich_railway_line/
  • Joe gomez, Danny mills, Paul Walsh,rob Lee ,jermain defoe,Lee bowyer, jeremy kyle on the lash with his signing on fee
  • edited June 2015
    Curb_It said:

Sevens tresspassers on the track at Maze Hill. Power back on but they will be screwed no doubt.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/13335364.Seven_trespassers_cause_Southeastern_chaos_on_Woolwich_railway_line/

Doasyoulikeys, fucking getting fed up with em...

Just got indoors. On the way home a usual suspect was jumping an admittedly long traffic queue by driving his chav bike in the middle of the opposite lane at speed straight towards me and every other poor bastard just going about their business. Not only that he was screaming "fuck off" to everyone who had the temerity to point out what a plum he was being. I am not a violent man but I just wanted to run over the little scrotes head...

Sorry, just unburdening!

Getting back on topic, why don't they leave the juice on and fry the little fuckers, it's called natural selection?
  • On the one hand I'd like to vilify South Eastern on their incompetence, but on the other hand I could end up quite pissed here...
  • Sponsored links:

• Effing useless again this morning. Not offered any excuses yet, wrong kind of air perhaps, or just the standard "incompetence in the London Bridge area".

Tossers.
  • They don't even bother telling us now. Out of 15 working days my train has only been on time twice, that is criminal! C*nts of the highest order
  • they are actually doing a go slow as the track might buckle... really!!??
  • We sat at hither green for ages this morning at around 6.55 and the driver said - 'the signal men have let a freight train go in front of us - sorry about that - will be on the move shortly'.

I really don't understand the speed restriction thing.

• I was on an early train (for me) this am and it got into cannon street 2 mins early. Have that!
  • edited July 2015
    did you jump on the freight train by mistake?! good move!
  • Curb_It said:

I was on an early train (for me) this am and it got into cannon street 2 mins early. Have that!

Did you check the Wetherspoons for AFKA and the remains of a burnt Nigel's tie?? :wink:
  • essentially if theres snow or sun loads of their staff clock in sick.. same reason they are poor on Monday mornings :)
  • Sponsored links:

• And the bloke by me's Crystal Palace tie is starting to get more and more offensive...

Wish I was there.........with a pair of scissors!
  • Someone I used to go to school with works for Southeastern Apologises and he is quite defensive over them!
    The signalling problems are Network Rail's and the rolling stock wasn't designed to last this long. Which begs the question, with all their money, why don't they go and buy some new stock!
    I'm not looking forward to tonight's commute. Southeastern usualyy guarantee the cancellation of some trains when it's hot to increase the amount of people on them and then drive them that bit slower. It's almost as if they do it on purpose...
  • Heat delays, are due to the chance of the track bucking & then the line, would need to be closed.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/30/which-train-services-will-be-disrupted-because-of-the-heatwave-5272229/
  • MrLargo said:

Heat delays, are due to the chance of the track bucking & then the line, would need to be closed.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/30/which-train-services-will-be-disrupted-because-of-the-heatwave-5272229/

What do they do in Spain, Italy, USA, Australia, India and everywhere else that has both a rail network and much hotter weather than us?! And what are our rails made of? Cheese?

Unbelievable.
    Don't many countries use overhead cables & therefore don't get the "track problems".
  • MrLargo said:

Heat delays, are due to the chance of the track bucking & then the line, would need to be closed.

What do they do in Spain, Italy, USA, Australia, India and everywhere else that has both a rail network and much hotter weather than us?! And what are our rails made of? Cheese?

Unbelievable.
    Don't many countries use overhead cables & therefore don't get the "track problems".
    Overhead cables is just about power supply.

The track is just for the wheels.
  • MrLargo said:

Unbelievable.
    Not sure that's the case in India...there's as many passengers up top than a jam-packed South Eastern service!!
  • edited July 2015
    MrLargo said:

Unbelievable.
    You'd think our rail infrastructure would be a bit better (i.e expensive considering how much we pay!) than most too. There's no value for money with public transport, and you're utterly powerless because you have to get to work; they know it too unfortunately.

I get to work in Aldgate for 08:20 when the trains are running correctly, I start at 09:00. The fact is though, I'm rarely at work for 08:20 because they're rarely running properly! I simply can't afford to aim to arrive at work for the correct time as I know I'll be late at least 2 or 3 times a week. On top of that, any time you get a train between 7am to around 10am you're sh!t out of luck getting a seat a lot of the time.

What do I pay for this privilege? About £310 a month (£3720 a year) for a commute that, according to Journey Planner, should take me about 50 minutes a day. What's worse, is if I forget to renew my season ticket I have to pay £22 a day!
  • MrLargo said:

Unbelievable.
    I wouldn't know. That might well be the reason, in which case my suggestion would be to forget about HS2, forget about Crossrail, prevent rail chiefs from creaming off fat bonuses every year and install overhead cables across the entire rail network. Not that complicated is it?!