Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's the latest on the redevelopment of the Training Ground?

Whilst Valley Express is threatened with the chop because it loses money, does anyone know what the latest position is with the much-trumpetted redevelopment of the Training Ground? Are we still awaiting planning permission? Has any work started? Or do we anticipate that we will hear nothing more on the subject until we sell a player for a large enough fee to name it after? Minor apologies for the cynicism but you might appreciate where I am coming from on this.

Comments

• So plans submitted next Friday if we are still on schedule.
  • Thanks Henry - looks like this is on a wall in the public domain and I am too early to boo :)
  • The real question is how is it being funded.

Originally it was to be from grants and other external sources.

Now its been expanded its not clear if that is still the case.

But if you check the handover date in the photo it is clear someone has a sense of history.
  • This appears in the reception at the training ground for all to see.
  • The real question is how is it being funded.

But if you check the handover date in the photo it is clear someone has a sense of history.

Good spot, although I see there is no contingency in the plan. As you say, first milestone next week, so let's see...
  • Think the football foundation were a main source of finance originally.
    But at present until the submission, or amended plans at the end of the month, it is unclear what
    the 2 parties are proposing.?

It has always been a joint submission with the community trust, I assume that will still be the case.
    Of course until the plans are submitted, the building details will not be known, so the public will not
    know the details, and of course with planning it is always the details.

Of course the time table has been drawn up, but if there are objections this may well delay the start, although ground clearing and other preparatory work could go ahead. I assume that the original planning approval remains in place?

So, we will see what is proposed, when it gets into the public domain, unless CAFC\Community Trust wish to unveil the proposals before hand?

• I wouldn't expect anything to be revealed until the plans are agreed with the planning authorities.
    As for the funding? That will be from available grants and Staprix (M.Duchatelet).
    I have been led to believe that the revised project will be significantly bigger than the old £5m scheme. And we know that the UoG contribution is now taken as shirt sponsorship so the gap between grants and final build is far bigger.... But still small change to M.Duchatelet.
    A shame he doesn't spend some of that next week on the first team squad!
  • Jason Euell's been in Germany and Holland the past few days trying out artificial pitches at several clubs training grounds - this is all for the redevelopment of our own training ground.
  • according to the club's plan they should have received planning approval on 1st May, anyone know what's happening?
  • Sponsored links:

• Acknowledgement letter from the Council is on the Planning site of LBG and states that they have til July 1st to reach a decision.

publicaccess.royalgreenwich.gov.uk:81/online-applications/files/7DD07FAD2925404B27B2AA09335D7365/pdf/15_0949_F-Acknowledgement_letter-294564.pdf
  • TelMc32 said:

Acknowledgement letter from the Council is on the Planning site of LBG and states that they have til July 1st to reach a decision.

publicaccess.royalgreenwich.gov.uk:81/online-applications/files/7DD07FAD2925404B27B2AA09335D7365/pdf/15_0949_F-Acknowledgement_letter-294564.pdf

That's RBG to you ;0)

• Not sure that link direct to the PDF worked. This may be better. It's the full list of docs related to the case and you'll see the acknowledgment letter as the first one there.

publicaccess.royalgreenwich.gov.uk:81/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=_GRNW_DCAPR_80977

• TelMc32 said:

Acknowledgement letter from the Council is on the Planning site of LBG and states that they have til July 1st to reach a decision.

That's RBG to you ;0)

LGBT ?
  • according to the club's plan they should have received planning approval on 1st May, anyone know what's happening?

nothing but the timetable above (see pic) say October for work to begin.

No idea is the processes listed inbetween planning permission being granted and construction beginning can be speeded up although I guess money always helps. Any QSs or project managers know more about how it all works?
  • Their is normally a pre construction phase in which design and technical issues are sorted out. You would also put out to tender the project to nominated contractors and give them time to price it.
  • cafc999 said:

Their is normally a pre construction phase in which design and technical issues are sorted out. You would also put out to tender the project to nominated contractors and give them time to price it.

So could that be done before planning permission is granted? Or part of it at least. A risk I guess.

Or could it be done between end July and 12 October (6 or 7 weeks)?
  • The tender cannot be done as you need to know what you are going to build before pricing it.

The technical pre construction stage is normally last as you have to get everyone to agree on everything from carpet and curtains to light fittings. This normally gets done just before or during the construction of the bricks and sticks stage (which is reliant on approval from the council)
  • So end of July will make it difficult to start work by 12 October then?

• Not necessarily. I am sure that they will aim to hit the dates that are on the programme of works that is on display. However, things rarely run smoothly in construction let alone CAFC.
  • Sponsored links:

• So end of July will make it difficult to start work by 12 October then?

Looks like they are 2 months behind that schedule, although they factored in 3 months for planning approval (from submission) and that acknowledgement letter states that RBG (thanks @ShootersHillGuru ) should respond by 1st July (2 months from submission). That's not to say it will be a straight approval, so could be delayed further.

Any additional saving of time now will be whether they can reduce the procurement timeline down from 13 weeks.
  • I wouldn't expect anything to be revealed until the plans are agreed with the planning authorities.
    As for the funding? That will be from available grants and Staprix (M.Duchatelet).
    I have been led to believe that the revised project will be significantly bigger than the old £5m scheme. And we know that the UoG contribution is now taken as shirt sponsorship so the gap between grants and final build is far bigger.... But still small change to M.Duchatelet.
    A shame he doesn't spend some of that next week on the first team squad!

I would have thought that the outlay is on the first team squad, given that Buyens response to "What do you think of the training ground?" was "Its shit!"
  • I understand that the tendering process has started by identifying companies to submit tenders.
  • I expect work to start at Sparrows Lane on the 210th anniversary of the death of this woman's lover.

• Is that Lady Hamilton lover of Fellatio Nelson?
  • So, fine art and references to classical "doins" apart, I feel this is very positive for the club. Now for some top signings...
  • RD should now have plenty of money to finance this, any news anyone?
  • edited June 2015
    One of my current obsessions.
    Since the day after the general election I woke up on Planet F*ck, but I realise that with Mr Duchatelet and all the confusion, we are in Universe F*ck, and our club makes the same kind of sense as a Magritte painting.

So one thing that can be understood, or at least seen and touched, would be a vastly improved Sparrows Lane which I believe would be a part of Mr Duchatelet's Universe that couldn't be taken away. In fact I have decided that building a better tomorrow is the training ground development.
  • edited June 2015
    Has Lawrence Lewellyn Bowen done the interior design for the Academy accomodation Seth?