Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Bugle Horn Closed

Was told by the landlady in the Royal Oak at lunchtime that the Bugle has closed. The current landlord has cancer and has decided to pack it in. She tells me the Freeholders are selling it, so it's likely to remain closed until sold. That might give the White Swan a stay of execution but it's looking lpossible that we could kick-off next season with no pub in the Village. We are down to the Royal Oak, the Rose of Denmark and the Liberal as it is within close walking distance and only the Anchor, and the desperate Pickwick and White Horse further afield.

Comments

• Was told by the landlady in the Royal Oak at lunchtime that the Bugle has closed. The current landlord has cancer and has decided to pack it in. She tells me the Freeholders are selling it, so it's likely to remain closed until sold. That might give the White Swan a stay of execution but it's looking lpossible that we could kick-off next season with no pub in the Village. We are down to the Royal Oak, the Rose of Denmark and the Liberal as it is within close walking distance and only the Anchor, and the desperate Pickwick and White Horse further afield.

The Pickwick is a bit dated but the prices are reasonable and the service is always very good.
  • British Oak about 20-25 min walk to the ground....best pub in the area if your into ale.
  • Its their last day today. I see the business listing it for sale has been removed so maybe it's already sold.

No idea who has bought the Swan but they are keeping very quiet which is very fishy.

http://charltonchampion.co.uk/2015/04/15/fancy-running-charltons-bugle-horn-pub/

• Great shame, was my local many years ago
  • Shame. Haven't been in there since I have been able to legally drink, but my Dad used to take me in there all the time when we used to drive in from that side of town and park up there.
  • Real shame.

Always packed on a match day.
  • Is there any danger if it not being a pub anymore?

Would hate to see it sold for flats or a Tesco Express.
  • That's a shame. Was my local when I lived in The Heights. Do hope it will remain a pub, even though I don't use it anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Used to go there regularly a few years back and the landlord, Lee, was always a really nice bloke. Hadn't been there for some time, until a few months ago and was shocked to see how he looked. Hope he pulls through. The pub's pretty much secondary to that really.
  • Best wishes lee.
  • Agree lads. All the best Lee. X
  • I don't reckon it'll be closed for too long, took punch a while to sell the white swan. Surely someone will pick it up even if it's short term, the village needs both pubs!!
  • Whip round to make it the CL boozer of choice?
  • Sad to hear, had my first legal pint in there
  • Reopens under new management on Friday according to the new twitter account that has appeared.
  • Damn. Only just seen this. I'm in there every matchday, before and after. Again, all the best to Lee. Hopefully, it'll not change too much without him in charge.
  • And also the Star in plumstead is a changing. Brian retired and new licensees doing what looks like major renovations. Apparently they're not Addicks! Still be a football pub hopefully.
  • The Bugle is closed for five weeks, as having a refurb.
  • Sponsored links:

• How is Lee ? Last I heard he wasn't too well.
  • edited August 2016
  • Banner up today giving a reopening date of 17 September.

It needs one and hopefully a big one and not just another coat of white paint. The success of the White Swan must have helped in some ways. It would be good to have two decent pubs in the Village again.
  • Its back open for this Saturday's match.

It needs one and hopefully a big one and not just another coat of white paint. The success of the White Swan must have helped in some ways. It would be good to have two decent pubs in the Village again.
    The only thing is, you can only fit in one of them.
  • When is the Watermans getting a refurb?

Cracking boozer that used to be.
  • I like pubs were you wipe ur feet on the way out