Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

There's no way he means Cersei. I didn't even know that was a theory. He's seen Tyrion as a way to get back into Danearys's good books.

Thats the way i saw it. Cersei isn't even queen.
  • My previous prediction was that Stannis would besiege Winterfell but Roose Bolton is looking to switch sides as is Littlefinger, so now it would make sense for the Boltons and the Vale to declare for Stannis and march South. As the Freys now control the Riverlands and are allied to the Boltons they should be able to pick them up as well. That only leaves the Lannisters and Tyrells declaring for King Tommen as Dorne and the Iron Islands will likely stay out of it for the timebeing.
  • edited April 2015

Good episode.

SPOILER IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH S5E3 YET
    1. Jorah said he was taking Tyrion to "the queen". Whether that means Cersei or Dany, I suppose we will see.

2. Jon Snow's been fantastic so far this season. Finally showing some leadership, like his father and brother before him. Hope things don't end up the same way for him...

3.I think the Bolton family aren't going to last very long. Littlefinger is up to something and Sansa is learning a lot from him.

My guesses

1. Dany

2. I think he's going to be betrayed, whether he will be killed off.... I hope not.

3. I think the Bolton's will be around a while but that doesn't include the son what's his face sausage munching torturer.

Theon has to die surely?

• edited April 2015

JiMMy 85 said:

There's no way he means Cersei. I didn't even know that was a theory. He's seen Tyrion as a way to get back into Danearys's good books.

Margery could enter the equation...

So it's definitely Dany lol
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Ha good point. I'd stop watching the show if Tyrion spent half the season crossing the land, only to turn around and go back again. Varys spelt it out pretty clearly when he said neither of them will ever rule, but they could play a big part in putting the right person on the throne. Tyrion is joining her camp, and I suspect, after initial animosity, she'll desperately need him too.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Dany technically isn't a queen either.
  • Khaleesi is technically a queen's title.
  • What happened to the Dothraki anyway? They just left and went back to the unnatural love of horses?

Also, what's happening in the Stormlands/Storm's End? Did all of Renly's bannermen just scatter, did some pledge for the Tyrells, some for Stannis or are they just sitting there wondering what the hell is going on?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Khaleesi is technically a queen's title.

She's not a Khaleesi either.

Oh.......lol.
  • colthe3rd said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Technically she isn't but in his eyes she is.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015
    Agree with Gary.
    I still think she is a Khaleesi and is as much a queen as Stannis is a king.
  • colthe3rd said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Technically she isn't but in his eyes she is.
    Look I think the obvious answer is he will be going to her since he loves her and everything. I just felt the wording of it was being ambiguous so we did question who he would be going to.
  • Fiiish said:

What happened to the Dothraki anyway? They just left and went back to the unnatural love of horses?

Also, what's happening in the Stormlands/Storm's End? Did all of Renly's bannermen just scatter, did some pledge for the Tyrells, some for Stannis or are they just sitting there wondering what the hell is going on?

The Dothraki mostly ran off when Conan the Barbarian went into a coma at the end of season one. Dragonlady said something like "where are all the angry naked men?" and Jorah replied "they only follow strength and Conan is staring into space so they left."

Most of Renly's lot joined Stannis or Rob. Stannis offered them pardons and they went to the Battle of Blackwater on his side.
  • colthe3rd said:

I think they left it ambiguous like that to leave us wondering. Personally I think he's talking about Cersei.

I just can't get behind Jon Snow. Never liked the Starks, all this honour nonsense, look how far it gets you. Only one I've ever liked is Arya (or the person formally known as Arya).

Agree they left it deliberately ambiguous but I think he meant Daenarys.

And personally I think Jon Snow is awesome!
    Must mean Daenarys. Why drag both characters of Tyrion and Varys across the sea just to haul at least one back.

Varys is setting Tyrion to be Daenarys (Hand). Can't wait.

• Just remember what happens to heroes

Side with the most vicious, devious nasty little shit and you won't get upset
  • Carter said:

Just remember what happens to heroes

Side with the most vicious, devious nasty little shit and you won't get upset

Apart from the fact that would have been Joffrey!
  • I'd like to see Theon move to protect Sansa if Ramsey goes all Ramsey on her but knowing Game of Thrones something horrible will probably happen instead
  • Certainly livened up last night didn't it.
  • Ambiguous ending. Grey Worm took a blade to the ribs but should live. Not so sure about Ser Barristan.
  • 110% dead
  • Sponsored links:

• The actor playing Selmy is a big book fan which makes it interesting, as it's deviating from the books. This link will give you an idea as to whether or not he's walking away from this one...

My guess is, the show-runners are clearing a path for Tyrion, Varys and Mormont.
  • Was it me or did last nights feel shorter than usual ?
  • se9addick said:

Was it me or did last nights feel shorter than usual ?

It bloody flies by.

• Great episode.

Tip for anyone with sky+: record the 2am showing on Sunday night and you can watch it as soon as you're in from work on Monday. No need to wait until 9pm. :-)
  • Still think the "taking you to the queen" wasn't intentionally ambiguous?

I was actually a bit underwhelmed by that episode. Everything so far has been a bit obvious in how it has played out. The Sand Snakes and that monologue was fucking awful. Like just really poorly acted and the writing was terrible. I think it was quite telling that was the first episode this season that wasn't written by Benihoff and Weiss.
  • Yes - I saw that episode 3 weeks ago, and at no point have I thought it was ambiguous. I still don't. I never will.
  • Great episode.

Tip for anyone with sky+: record the 2am showing on Sunday night and you can watch it as soon as you're in from work on Monday. No need to wait until 9pm. :-)

Or download it On Demand and you wont have to skip the adverts...
  • the program after it is a bit naff but im sure they said next weeks guest is The Hound----bring back The Hound.
  • colthe3rd said:

Still think the "taking you to the queen" wasn't intentionally ambiguous?

I was actually a bit underwhelmed by that episode. Everything so far has been a bit obvious in how it has played out. The Sand Snakes and that monologue was fucking awful. Like just really poorly acted and the writing was terrible. I think it was quite telling that was the first episode this season that wasn't written by Benihoff and Weiss.

I did actually think to myself this scene is a little bit pointless. I do like it when characters tell tales from the past, like Stannis to his daughter, but the sand snake part was really forced and poorly acted.
  • Why is it all the Dornish women are so ugly? They all look like a bulldog chewing a fistful of wasps. No wonder Rhaegar ran off with Ned's sister if he was forced to marry one of those people.