Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well done Simon Francis

In PFA team of the year. He's proved us and Chris Powell wrong, let's face it

Comments

• Sometimes you have to face up to the facts. I had no complaints then or now about his departure. ..and at the time he publicly admitted that his goal was to show he was good enough for L1
  • Fair enough I say. He was pants for us, although I don't suppose we helped him that much.
  • I saw there was a player in there
    We just couldn't find it .... He was junk most of the time for us
  • he wasn't that bad and and I also congratulate him and wish him well after next Saturday
  • He's had an absolutely superb season. Well done Simon.
  • Voted by the players, for the players. Congratulations to him.
  • Powell had Solly
  • Sponsored links:

• Congratulations to him. I certainly never saw it coming.
  • brentford could still make the play offs...

we may live in a world next season where mccormack and francis are premier league players.

Maybe they will be surplus to requirements and we can buy them back for £5m each? We seem to like bringing back ex players.
  • Would have like to have seen JBG appear in that Championship team of the season. Must have been close.
  • No player gets to play for the first team of a championship club by being crap, shit, hopeless or any other adjectives so often used by supporters. There are always mitigating circumstances why they are not performing as expected. It could be lack of fitness, confidence, unsettled or numerous other reasons. Some fans are far too quick to target players for abuse, write them off and describe them as above, only to be ultimately be proved wrong. Morgan Fox being the latest example. Had he been a lesser character he may well have been looking for a club in the lower leagues at the end of this season. Anyway well done to Simon Francis.
  • Well said, I'm sure players don't mean or want to play badly but sometimes it happens.

How many of us could do our jobs (not that I have one) with people constantly abusing or slagging us off?

• nonsense you rate players who play for your team what they do elsewhere is irrelevant

Simon Francis was dog shit worst player in the team by miles

Good luck to him turned a corner doesn't remove the fact he was a woeful shit signing
  • I was one of his biggest critics but fair play to him as he now looks a decent player. For us though maybe it was wrong club, wrong time, maybe not ready for the step up, who knows.

I'm happy to say well done Simon, had a good season.
  • nonsense you rate players who play for your team what they do elsewhere is irrelevant

Simon Francis was dog shit worst player in the team by miles

Good luck to him turned a corner doesn't remove the fact he was a woeful shit signing

I don't regret folding a 9-2 off suit, even if 9-9-2 comes over on the flop.
  • Sponsored links:

• There are plenty of supporter now eating large portions of humble pie and amazingly still trying to justify their own bad judgement.

Well done Simon Francis

I'm with NLA. I could see that going forward Francis had something about him. He was quick and potentially had a very good cross on him.

However, defending he was very poor.

Perhaps, the crowd got to him, but that's still his problem. Charlton fans are less vocal than most, so if he can't take fan criticism, he'll continue to suffer.

He's likely been so good for Bournemouth, because in a strong attacking team, his attacking play has excelled and his defensive abilities haven't been tested too much.

Let's see how he does against Hazard & Sterling next season.
  • Unfortunately he joined us injured adn did not do a full preseason, was drafted into the side and was immediately targeted, partly because he was a Parkinson choice, partly because we expect players to perform 100% when they get into the team, even without match fitness. he never got the confidence that he had when winning player of the season at his previous club which culminated in the most abject of abject performances in the cup v Preston.

Eddie Howe took a risk and has obviously nurtured that confidence and he is seeing the player we never saw. That said, I don't think he is fast enough for the Prem and will almost certainly be victim of the Russian money.
  • edited April 2015
    Humble Pie?? Behave.

He was atrocious for us on a consistent basis.

Fair play he's gone on to do well at another club. Good for him.

Doesn't detract that when he was wearing a Charlton shirt he spent more time passing it to fans in the West stand than to his team mates. He will only 'prove me wrong' if he ever came back and turned in good performances in a Charlton shirt.

Lawrie Wilson proved me wrong in that he went from a shite Charlton player to a decent Charlton player, something I never thought would happen.
  • Liked him going forward for us but he was appalling defensively. That Preston game in the cup must be the worst performance from a defender I've ever seen.
  • Liked him going forward for us but he was appalling defensively. That Preston game in the cup must be the worst performance from a defender I've ever seen.

That was a great game didn't we have both Michael Alonso and Francis self destructing.
  • Kap10 said:

Liked him going forward for us but he was appalling defensively. That Preston game in the cup must be the worst performance from a defender I've ever seen.

That was a great game didn't we have both Michael Alonso and Francis self destructing.
    No, Alonso played in the JPT against Brentford when we lost 3-0.
  • Always had it in him to be a good player. Just needed to work on positioning and concentration as he was guilty of ball watching on more than a few occasions. A good man manager to point it out and give him belief. Never gonna be a star but can be a solid player and have a wonderful career in football.

True. I don't think you saw Llera at Colchester.