Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barnet are back in the Football League

Just beaten Gateshead 2-0 to return to the Football League. Since living north of the River I have followed their fortunes although since they moved to Cannons Park they are not really local to me anymore and I have only been a couple of times .

Really impressed with the job Martin Allen has done this season . Lets hope they can kick on now and establish themselves in League 2 .

Comments

• Nice.
    I like Martin Allen.
  • Good luck to them. Let's hope they swap places with Millwall next season.
  • Well done Barnet
  • Is young Jayde the physio joining them in the FL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87w-BNDLfU
  • Great news. It's been an amazing season for them, especially as they seemed to be losing it.
    I could walk to Underhill, but I haven't been to the new place and it isn't even in Barnet, so I don't feel quite so involved.
  • Uboat said:

Great news. It's been an amazing season for them, especially as they seemed to be losing it.
    I could walk to Underhill, but I haven't been to the new place and it isn't even in Barnet, so I don't feel quite so involved.

New ground is in Harrow , absolute miles away . Barnet council wouldn't support a football club in the borough now there is a stadium sitting empty .
    I'm sure someone will benefit from selling Underhill as it's in a prime area in North London .
  • will be very interesting to see what Allen does now

stay with Barnet or go to Portsmouth(according to Sky Sports they really want him)

stay with Barnet or go to Portsmouth(according to Sky Sports they really want him)

The man doesn't know what the word loyalty means . Any sniff of a bigger club and history tells you he will be off.

The man doesn't know what the word loyalty means . Any sniff of a bigger club and history tells you he will be off.
    He's ready left Barnet once before, so it won't worry him at all.
  • edited April 2015
    Uboat said:

will be very interesting to see what Allen does now

He's left them three times before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

will be very interesting to see what Allen does now

He's left them three times before.
    Ha ha. I had a feeling it might have been more.
  • edited April 2015
    Uboat said:
    Coincidentally I saw them last season with about a thousand other people. I just did it as a tick between seeing Bologna and Verona at home.

There is no way that ground can host Juve, Milan fans, etc. It's a weird lay out where there's a sort of concrete bowl around the pitch. The 'stands' behind the goals are about 4 rows deep. Take note also of the seats on my side.

Modena are local so I expect they'll play there. Interestingly Carpi's stadium is on Karl Marx road - that part of Italy fought against Mussolini and is still very left wing.
  • Barnet do have a history of bouncing around the divisions.

As said above the council are very apathetic towards them, they wanted to move to the Copthall athletics track, but instead Saracens have taken over that facility, and you get the feeling that the council is more proud of the rugby team than the football team
  • No one turns up in Italian football any more (*relatively speaking), a 4000 capacity might soon be too big for Juventas.
  • Those were the type of 'seats' that Athletico Madrid had not that long ago, but with lines drawn on, so you knew which was your bit.
    Looks like they've still got the red flag flying there!