Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Homeless trials ????

click here

I'm sorry, really can't get my head around this.

What checks can you do to prove they're homeless ?

How do they get to the trials ?

How do they get to hear or read about the trials ?

How do you know how to contact them if they are selected ?

If they adopt a defensive strategy, will they be accused of parking a sleeping bag in front of the goal ?

Will they tie a jack russell to the corner flags ?

Comments

• Dont worry.

Its not a big issue.
  • Don't know the answer to your question but the term 'homeless' doesn't solely mean people who kip on the street with their cross bred mutt. People who live in hostels & maybe even bedsits qualify as 'homeless'. An ex-Charlton hoolie friend of mine is heavily involved with the homeless in the Faversham area. The club have even provided him with free tickets for homeless people & he regular attends home games with some of his group. Believe it or not, the FA even paid for some homeless people to attend the recent Russia England qualifier in Moscow. I kid you not!!
  • I bet they'll have a hell of a job getting them out of the changing rooms at the end.
  • Trialists got told to 'make themselves at home' outside the changing rooms....
  • What's the half time refreshment, a bottle of vodka?
  • And how do they decide who takes the "home" dressing room?
  • Anything to get cheap players

I knwow e lost the premiership money but do we have to get the homeless to play?
  • edited February 2008
    Call me horrible if u like but that's just plain ridiculous on so many levels IMO
  • mate careful. You will have the moral minority on ur case.

I used to buy the Big Issue every week up round The Strand stopped 6 months back when the guy selling it changed its now some Bulgarian guy.Iasked him where the other guy was, he didnt know but as i brought the mag off him he tells me is from Bulgaria. Why o why are we allowing people from there to come here and be homeless here ? Big Issue still a great idea but now people are taking the pi**.

Heres a thought how about a "cup" for those how have always worked, always paid there taxs, always paid their NI cons,who have homes and morgages? As far as i can see we are also part of "the comunity".
  • Or how about not turning a light-hearted thread into a serious issue :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally I find this thread offensive and am disappointed at some of the neanderthal comments on here, especially mine. If any homeless people are reading this, I apologise.

That said, if any homeless people are reading this, who's paying for your electricity?
  • Saw a Big issue seller chatting away on a mobile outside Sainsburys down here the other day.....no way he was getting my money.
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Or how about not turning a light-hearted thread into a serious issue :-)
    LOL.. you started it
  • how smelly will the kit be after that game
  • I just hope they appreciate the opportunity, and don't take it vagranted.
  • surely they need to give a permenant postal address, might be tricky..

:)
  • edited February 2008
    Apparently in international homeless football, England are a sleeping bag giant
  • i love the way you qualify even if "you sleep on a mate's bedroom floor"?!

What in the tramping hell is that about?!
  • So if the wife tells me im on the sofa can i apply?
  • Sponsored links:

• reality check, why don't they just give some money to a homeless charity rather than doing this ridiculous stunt - do we/they really think they are gonna find the next pele? Its insulting.
  • Will they be allowed in the 'home' changing room?

I'll get my coat
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]reality check, why don't they just give some money to a homeless charity rather than doing this ridiculous stunt - do we/they really think they are gonna find the next pele? Its insulting.

What like this one which I know the Trust already have involvement with
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite] do we/they really think they are gonna find the next pele?

I beg to differ....
  • We are need though of someone good coming off the bench.
  • edited February 2008
    beg..lol... took me a while that one.. not bowl(ed) over though.
  • as we were homeless for 7 years i think this is a great idea!! SHOW ME THE WAY TO GO HOME
  • Special Brew Day