Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alcorcón and Charlton initiative

Anyone got any ideas what it might be

A.D. Alcorcón @AD_Alcorcon · 26m 26 minutes ago
Tomorrow 9:00am we´ll announce a great iniciative in which @CAFCofficial and #AdAlcorcon are working for next season!

Comments

• Its 1st April tomorrow. So it will either be a completely and utterly unfunny joke or a youth link up that will amount to nothing.
  • Wonder if it's anything to do with this tweet from earlier ....

• Its 1st April tomorrow. So it will either be a completely and utterly unfunny joke or a youth link up that will amount to nothing.

Considering it was tweeted by them and not us, assuming its something that benefits them, as you say a youth link
    maybe their youth team will train with ours 1 week every month or something like that

Some peeps gonna have sex on their pitch and they're going to make their pitch available for hire.
    Then we're gonna be known as Charlton Alcorcón FC, cos we've sort of got into bed with one another?
  • Tomorrows date is significant.
  • Solly and Cousins will line up for Alcorcon next season.
    Pedro and Juan will be signed as their replacements from Spain

RD getting his transfer business done early, and we thought we'd be a feeder club for Liege... FARRRR from it lol!
  • Do the Spanish "do" April fools day?
  • And there we were getting worried we were Standard Liege's reserve team....;-)
  • Youth initiative ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder what their fans are thinking on AlcorconLife

Just gone on to Twitter and two Spaniards have tweeted their opinion on the news

Crazy Spaniard One: nos va a ceder a igor vetokele @IgorVetokele jaja = we will yield to igor vetokele haha

Crazy Spaniard Two: como la niña no tiene cole yo si eso ya me entero cuando me levante. No hace falta que llaméis para despertarme. = as the girl does not have cole if you already full when I wake me. Needless to wake you to call.

(Confused Shrug Emotion thingy)
  • Swisdom said:

Do the Spanish "do" April fools day?

Their equivalent is on December 28.

The image says 'Compartiendo ilusión', which doesn't mean 'Sharing illusion', as has been translated. 'Ilusión' means 'hope', rather than 'illusion'. Freudian slip?

"nos va a ceder a igor vetokele @IgorVetokele jaja" means "they'll give us Vetokele".
    The second one means "As my girl doesn't have school I'll find out about it when I get up. No need for an alarm call".
  • Swisdom said:

The image says 'Compartiendo ilusión', which doesn't mean 'Sharing illusion', as has been translated. 'Ilusión' means 'hope', rather than 'illusion'. Freudian slip?

"nos va a ceder a igor vetokele @IgorVetokele jaja" means "they'll give us Vetokele".
    The second one means "As my girl doesn't have school I'll find out about it when I get up. No need for an alarm call".
    Isn't "jaja" the Spanish equivalent of "lol" (presumably because "ja" sounds like "ha" in English) ?
  • Wonder what their fans are thinking on AlcorconLife

Just gone on to Twitter and two Spaniards have tweeted their opinion on the news

Crazy Spaniard One: nos va a ceder a igor vetokele @IgorVetokele jaja = we will yield to igor vetokele haha

Crazy Spaniard Two: como la niña no tiene cole yo si eso ya me entero cuando me levante. No hace falta que llaméis para despertarme. = as the girl does not have cole if you already full when I wake me. Needless to wake you to call.

(Confused Shrug Emotion thingy)

Swisdom said:

Never trust Google Translate should be the maxim!
  • se9addick said:

Swisdom said:

Isn't "jaja" the Spanish equivalent of "lol" (presumably because "ja" sounds like "ha" in English) ?
    It is.

I study Spanish and German at university, so it is a bit confusing for me to read it though!

And yes, never EVER trust Google translate.
  • I'm hoping Charlton come over here for a friendly! Imagine it will be some sort of youth player exchange, which could be useful for both.
  • Football for €5?
  • edited April 2015
    CEO-swap. A bit like Wife Swap.

Katrien is going to Madrid with the Alcorcon chief exec coming to us, just for one week.
  • Surely an April fools - a shared yellow and red kit! Looks like a rubbarb and custard sweet. Some references to the next announcement on Dec 28th...
  • Sponsored links:

• So a predictably unfunny April Fool then.
  • And this is exactly who I had in mind pouring scorn: the Prince of Darkness.
  • I hope it is an April Fool because the red and yellow look dreadful together.
  • Not happy because the Solidarity hand-shake symbol is not in the correct 'Charlton' red! Who do I complain to? We cannot stand for this level of meddling in our club. I am shocked, appalled and outraged. Grrrrrrrrrr.
  • meldrew66 said:

Not happy because the Solidarity hand-shake symbol is not in the correct 'Charlton' red! Who do I complain to? We cannot stand for this level of meddling in our club. I am shocked, appalled and outraged. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Totally agree - where's the Trust/G21 when you need them. Is an official statement going to be made? This really does call for a public meeting/season ticket boycott. Get off your arses and do something.
  • Silly April Fools, everyone knows Charlton don't sell the new kits until the summer is over.
  • Increases value of both clubs by 14% according to transfermarket.com.

What's not to like?
  • Nicholas said:

Silly April Fools, everyone knows Charlton don't sell the new kits until the summer is over.

True - but my sources tell me that since this is a unique design the manufacturing process takes much longer. I've been informed the shirts will not be available until at least August.