Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Started re-watching 1-4 all over again.
    You forget so much that happened early on
    The transformation of Jamie Lannister from being a massive arsehole in the first series is great
  • Big_Bob said:

Started re-watching 1-4 all over again.
    The transformation of Jamie Lannister from being a massive arsehole in the first series is great

exactly he is one of my favourites now. By the end of season for I really liked Sansa, that scene with her and little finger is brilliant. The only character that really annoys me is Bran and it's obvious his story line is going to play a huge part.
  • Big_Bob said:

exactly he is one of my favourites now. By the end of season for I really liked Sansa, that scene with her and little finger is brilliant. The only character that really annoys me is Bran and it's obvious his story line is going to play a huge part.
    Controlling dragons maybe? Just a guess, I don't read the books!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Big_Bob said:

Controlling dragons maybe? Just a guess, I don't read the books!
    definitely plausible! Looks like daenerys is losing control of them now they've got so big. Neither do i, why read when you can watch TV eh
  • A named character dies in Season 5 Episode 1. Prepare yourselves...
  • Hopefully not the big bird with the short blond hair. I have a thing for her.
  • WayneK said:

Hopefully not the big bird with the short blond hair. I have a thing for her.

I find that even more disturbing that your comment regarding gorey nudity.
  • edited March 2015
    Lol. But please tell me it isn't her.
  • Just looked up the actor who plays Bran. He looks like Milhouse from the Simpsons.
  • Big_Bob said:

I thought exactly the same. The first season was absolutely packed, no wonder I found it hard to follow who each person was at the beginning.

I think it's undisputed that the Lannisters (as much as everyone hates them I think they are great) have (or had) the best characters in the show.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought i read an article a while ago saying Bran isn't in the 5th series. Probably wrong though.
  • I thought i read an article a while ago saying Bran isn't in the 5th series. Probably wrong though.

That's true, the series has accelerated his story faster than the books.
  • It's hard to read this having read the books, I just want to answer the questions above, but not long now till you all find out. Re; characters I don't like, Daenerys. I don't like her much in the books either.

New families, new characters as well, so it will be good. They've mixed up the order a bit from the books. The Theon Greyjoy storyline getting flayed by Roose Bolton's son was further along in the books, like book 4 I think.

I hope this series brings the white walkers into it more.
  • cabbles said:

It's hard to read this having read the books, I just want to answer the questions above, but not long now till you all find out. Re; characters I don't like, Daenerys. I don't like her much in the books either.

New families, new characters as well, so it will be good. They've mixed up the order a bit from the books. The Theon Greyjoy storyline getting flayed by Roose Bolton's son was further along in the books, like book 4 I think.

I hope this series brings the white walkers into it more.

I dont mate. They seem far too 'supernatural' for me, and it leads to CGI that i just dont enjoy.

Much prefer the Lannister stories and Arya.
  • Yeah I suppose if you don't like that sort of thing then it's not ideal. They are key though and I think that's where Bran's destiny is heading personally. Arya's story is good and takes an interesting turn.

For me the I think it was the end scene of series 2 when Samwell Tarly was alone out in the cold and hid behind the rock and they cut to the white walker as he turned his head. I thought it looked class, but horses for courses etc

I'm having difficulty working out how the series might play it out now though. Basically the last 2 books split into 2 groups of characters. One book focused on some without mentioning the others and vice versa. I don't think the TV series can do that, as it would involve you not seeing say Jon snow in the whole of a series for example
  • I think the TV series and the books will be going their separate ways from now on. Thankfully, since books 4 and 5 are pretty dire.
  • Jints said:

I think the TV series and the books will be going their separate ways from now on. Thankfully, since books 4 and 5 are pretty dire.

Jints, I thought they were as good as the rest personally. You can see the linking back of everybody's story lines and him trying to bring it together.
  • Nope the story is being written the same way with slight differences...
  • Less than two weeks left...enjoy what the Game of Thrones intro would look like if it was made in the 1990s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fPgIIB67bw
  • cabbles said:

For me the I think it was the end scene of series 2 when Samwell Tarly was alone out in the cold and hid behind the rock and they cut to the white walker as he turned his head. I thought it looked class, but horses for courses etc

Finished Series 2 last night. Trouble is I have not seen series 1 or read the books which means I have found it difficult to follow but nevertheless I am now completely hooked (which shocks me because I have never been remotely interested in this genre). That scene at the end of series 2 where those ghostly figures are slowly marching past the rock behind which one of the characters is hiding and then the figure on the horse stops and slowly turns his head to look at him was one of the scariest scenes I have ever seen. It reminded me of the scene in the Stanley Kubrick movie 'Eyes Wide Shut' when Tom Cruise finds himself in some kind of masonic meeting/orgy where the top guys are standing on a balcony wearing animal masks so you can't see their faces and one of them slowly turns his head and looks down directly at Tom Cruise.

• Sponsored links:

• It reminded me of the scene in the Stanley Kubrick movie 'Eyes Wide Shut' when Tom Cruise finds himself in some kind of masonic meeting/orgy where the top guys are standing on a balcony wearing animal masks so you can't see their faces and one of them slowly turns his head and looks down directly at Tom Cruise.

Most people look down at Tom 'Thumb' Cruise.

• cabbles said:

Finished Series 2 last night. Trouble is I have not seen series 1 or read the books which means I have found it difficult to follow but nevertheless I am now completely hooked (which shocks me because I have never been remotely interested in this genre). That scene at the end of series 2 where those ghostly figures are slowly marching past the rock behind which one of the characters is hiding and then the figure on the horse stops and slowly turns his head to look at him was one of the scariest scenes I have ever seen. It reminded me of the scene in the Stanley Kubrick movie 'Eyes Wide Shut' when Tom Cruise finds himself in some kind of masonic meeting/orgy where the top guys are standing on a balcony wearing animal masks so you can't see their faces and one of them slowly turns his head and looks down directly at Tom Cruise.

good stuff. yes keep going with it, but def go back to s1 if you are to continue
  • edited March 2015
    Maybe I should post this in the Charlton Look-alikes thread.

• Maybe I should post this in the Charlton Look-alikes thread.

Christ! There is a similarity isn't there!

• the Hound must live
  • cabbles said:

If you enjoyed that scene, wait until Series 3 Episode 9...
  • Why do the Lannisters have big beds?

They put two twins together to make a king.

This is an almost unforgivably nerdy joke, but it did make me chuckle.

• First four episodes already online . Anyone that has the Showbox andoid app they are on there.

Going to watch them tonight.
  • buckshee said:

First four episodes already online . Anyone that has the Showbox andoid app they are on there.

Going to watch them tonight.

Don't see the point. You will watch all 4 then have to wait 5 weeks till the next installment. That would do my head in.

Plus whoever leaked them is a bit of a dick cos spoilers will be around now and ruin it for the rest of us.