Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mourinho (pg.4 - Sacked)

Comments

• However I agree his whole conspiracy against Chelsea thing was ridiculous but personally still found it funny. Can totally see how others get annoyed with him, but thats what I want! Managers provoking controversy and reactions! doesn't happen enough in the modern game. I'd have Mourinho over Hodgson any day of the week. Only thing stopping him would be the FA.

It's the same with players too, hardly ever bother watching post match interviews because its always the same shit, shelvey for example the other day, scored a screamer to win it for Swansea v Southampton and in his post match interview just says how the 3 points are the important thing, good for the team bla bla, the same with Ramsey when he scored one of the best goals i've seen in the champions league for arsenal, his post match interview nearly sent me to sleep! I know if that was me i'd be bouncing off the walls afterwards! I'm not having a dig at either of them as I'm sure a lot of the clubs tell players to give these PC answers and as soon as they get back in the dressing room they're probably raving about it, but it doesn't always have to be the case. That is another reason why I really like Harry Kane, when he's scored he shows real passion even in the interviews and says how delighted he is for HIMSELF and what a lovely goal HE scored rather than straight away go on about the team and how the 3 points is all he's thankful for. I guess he is young so they'll probably have that knocked out of him soon, especially once he gets his england call up. Slightly off topic but hope you get the point.

You do have a point and, as I mentioned in my first post, when Mourinho first came to Chelsea he was funny, original, something a bit different and good entertainment. He recognised early on that this approach made people sit up and take notice of him.
    However, I just don't think he's evolved and as a result his routine has become boring and transparent.
    He's still very effective at making comments to influence the talking points in the pubs after the games, I'll grant him that. I guess that's why he does it. He couldn't give a shit if some people find him tedious now, he's got enough people jizzing in their pants over his every word that his agenda will be met every week.
    For example, how many people are talking about Ivanovic's utterly disrespectful antics during the red card incident? He intimidated and tried to snatch Atkinson's red card off of him. Yet again a Mourinho player displays the inflated arrogance and misplaced sense of entitlement of their boss. Ivanovic was (rightly) booked for his actions, but nobody is talking about that because Mourinho fixed the agenda.
    Also, has anyone pointed out that it might have been quite easy for Atkinson to miss the Matic incident? Why do I say this? Because Matic was the only one to react. No other Chelsea or Burnley player reacted in any way at all until Matic did and there are quite a few watching the incident from just a few feet away. I've never seen a leg breaker raise so little interest from surrounding players. Admittedly, in slow motion it looks bad, but you could argue that it looked like a legal tackle at full speed. That's not a conspiracy, that's understandable human error.
    Just like Fergie and Wenger, (also great managers) he's also very good at seeing the things that go against his side and none of the things that go for them. Chelsea have had far more than their fair share of bad decisions go for them - so the 'subtle as a brick' hints (from Mourinho) and explicit cries (from the fans) of conspiracy emanating from Chelsea are entirely unfounded and not a little cringeworthy in my opinion.
    Maybe Matic was the only one to react because he was the one who nearly had his leg broken?

• On Goals on Sunday this morning I think
  • 1StevieG said:

Surely there must be retrospective action taken against Barnes if Atkinson 'missed it' at the time. A horrific looking challenge and I would struggle to believe anyone would not react in the same way as Matic. Mourinho does go on about perceived injustices but yesterday you can't argue with the poor refereeing from Atkinson. And Barnes also gets away with a sneaky studs down the back of Ivanovics calf too. As Merson said in his post match views Burnley didn't deserve any credit for getting a point the way they carried on.

True. I haven't argued with that and did say in my earlier post that Mourinho had a point on this occasion. It's the way he goes about it that is the issue for me.
    WayneK said:

Maybe Matic was the only one to react because he was the one who nearly had his leg broken?

Er... yeah. That was my point. Matic was the only one to realise how bad a tackle it was at the time. No one else on the pitch gave it a second glance. Maybe all the rest of the Chelsea team are involved in the conspiracy against Chelsea too? :smiley:
  • Buggered up a bunch of bets for me. Reckon the ref should compensate me.
  • my point is he has managed massive clubs, Inter, Madrid and Chelsea
    Di Matteo won the Champions League with Chelsea, does that make him a great manager no,

Let Mourinho go to a West Brom or a Aston Villa and see how he gets on

He also won the champions league with Porto........
  • Personally I can't stand the bloke, always playing the poor little me routine, the worlds against us blah blah.

It seems strange that the Premier League want the manager and player to give interviews within 20 minutes of a game finishing. Emotions may still be running high at this point so why not delay it for say an hour?

Also if they want interviews then let managers speak their mind, all the fans can leave the ground saying the ref had a nightmare so why can't managers?

Yesterday Mourinho was going on about the incidents in the 30, 31 minute etc, why can't he elaborate on this and give his opinion, I'm sure he could do it in the proper manner.

• iaitch said:

Personally I can't stand the bloke, always playing the poor little me routine, the worlds against us blah blah.

It seems strange that the Premier League want the manager and player to give interviews within 20 minutes of a game finishing. Emotions may still be running high at this point so why not delay it for say an hour?

Also if they want interviews then let managers speak their mind, all the fans can leave the ground saying the ref had a nightmare so why can't managers?

Yesterday Mourinho was going on about the incidents in the 30, 31 minute etc, why can't he elaborate on this and give his opinion, I'm sure he could do it in the proper manner.

He's doing that very thing right now on Goals on Sunday.

I've put it on record after 30 mins and it's recorded it from the start which is good news as my son is out playing football and he'll love it when he sees it.
  • Kamara must be gutted he can't be "funny" in this episode.
  • Buggered up a bunch of bets for me. Reckon the ref should compensate me.

I thought at the time that it would be the death of 90% of yesterday's accumulators.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mourinho talks crap to deflect from his own team. Taking him seriously is futile, and it's little wonder people get frustrated when they do.

Far more offensive than bemoaning the referee was his insistence that the train villains were 'not representative of Chelsea football club' because, to me at least, that's exactly what they are. I don't know if he knows that or not.
  • Message to Mourinho, every team gets bad decisions against them in a Season. Stop trying to make it personal against you and Chelsea. He knows what he is doing by placing pressure on the Referees, so the next contentious decision will go his way. I am sure, over the last few years, Chelsea have had a number of dubious decisions go their way. I wonder what the FA will make of the latest outburst? Is it bringing the game into disrepute?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Mourinho talks crap to deflect from his own team. Taking him seriously is futile, and it's little wonder people get frustrated when they do.

Far more offensive than bemoaning the referee was his insistence that the train villains were 'not representative of Chelsea football club' because, to me at least, that's exactly what they are. I don't know if he knows that or not.

Wonder if he thinks that also applies to the club's racist captain.
  • Should give him Kevin Friend next game for a laugh
  • edited February 2015
    nice for the little team to get the decisions for a change, although challenge on Matic should have been a straight red, I thought one of the pen claims for handball was debatable as defender had his back to ball and laws of the game say handball has to be deliberate. Can't see how it can be if you cant see the ball.
  • nice for the little team to get the decisions for a change, although challenge on Matic should have been a straight red, I thought one of the pen claims for handball was debatable as defender had his back to ball and laws of the game say handball has to be deliberate. Can't see how it can be if you cant see the ball.

Very few handballs are deliberate. He had his back turned but his arms were outstretched making him a bigger obstacle. Didn't deliberately handle it but would've known doing this would increase the chances of him blocking the ball, so should've been a pen. That said I'm glad it wasn't given...
  • edited February 2015

nice for the little team to get the decisions for a change, although challenge on Matic should have been a straight red, I thought one of the pen claims for handball was debatable as defender had his back to ball and laws of the game say handball has to be deliberate. Can't see how it can be if you cant see the ball.

Nice for the little teams to get decisions for a change? What a load of rubbish. Referee failed to do his job on 4 occasions and if that happened at Charlton you'd be spitting feathers. That defenders arms and legs were out trying to block the ball. If he was protecting his face then he needs a geography lesson.
  • That was an appalling refereeing performance from Atkinson. One of the worst I've seen for a while. Mourinho was totally justified in his reaction in my opinion
  • I think Paulie has retreated after going and doing some research into how Jose stumbled across the Chelsea job on the back of winning the Uefa cup followed by Champions league with in all honest European also rans (in modern terms) he then went on to dominate a Alex Ferguson managed Manchester United which is no mean feat. He left for Inter and all you have to do really is look at their decline since he left to realise he done a job there, his overall record at Madrid I'd say was poor but at same time, he was competing against a Barca side who have been touted as the greatest ever with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta all in there pomp. He's now back at Chelsea for the 2nd time and in his second season so very soon to start judging how he's done.

On his antics, I'm with the people who say you can't take him serious....Football would be a very very dull game if it only had happy go lucky yes men like Roy Hodgson.
  • mourinho's antics is simply pantomime to take the heat and attention off his players. Everytime the press is talking about and criticising mourinho, they're not criticising his players.

as for paulie, i don't think you'll be able to name a modern manager who's achieved the same as jose.
  • Sponsored links:

• The farce is that managers are expected to be available for interviews straight after a game, but get charged if they say what they actually think. In this situation he was entitled to be aggrieved, and pointing out the times of the incidents was a clever way of highlighting them without saying anyway
  • Whatever you think of the challenge by Barnes I cannot believe that Chelsea are appealing the red card. Surely calls for a frivolous extra game ban to be added?
  • So if the red card doesn't get rescinded there is a campaign against Chelsea.

That's Mourinho talking not me.
  • Matic deserves a red for reacting like that whatever way you look at it. Justified though as JM says, sometimes if someone comes in like that you cant help but go for them. I do get why people find JM tiresome as he does (as part of his media face) play the victim but he's not wrong here about the incident, though they are being frivolous with an appeal. Doubt there will be a punishment for that though.
    Di Matteo won the Champions League with Chelsea, does that make him a great manager no,

What about the UEFA cup and Champions League with Porto? They're not exactly powerhouses in European football.

What about the UEFA cup and Champions League with Porto? They're not exactly powerhouses in European football.
    That was all down to Jorge Costa, really , though?
  • Barnes has been let off, unbeleiveable decision.
  • Barnes has been let off, unbeleiveable decision.

Because the referee has said he saw the incident and at the time he didnt think it was even a yellow card.
    He needs to go to Specsavers.
  • I really hope his petulant antics ARE leading referees to give the benefit of the doubt to the other side.
  • edited February 2015

Barnes has been let off, unbeleiveable decision.

Because the referee has said he saw the incident and at the time he didnt think it was even a yellow card.
    He needs to go to Specsavers.
    This is such a stupid rule. So if a copper sees a Bank Robbery taking place, but assumes it was all some kind of prank and therefore doesn't arrest anyone, that'd be the end of it would it and the robbers would be able to go free and keep the money, even if it was subsequently shown that it was a real robbery?

Extreme and highly unlikely scenario, but the same logic the FA uses when disallowing retrospective punishment.