Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mourinho (pg.4 - Sacked)

Great manager, but I am so bored of his antics now.
When it comes to dealing with the media, he was a breath of fresh air the first time round, but he just does a slight variation of the same thing over and over again.
Tedious, but the press and the no-brains love him.

Comments

• Apparently had every right to be pissed off today. Two stonewall penaltys turned down.
  • Agree with lordromford used to quite like him, now I can't stand him. Acts like a complete tool time and time again.
  • He's become a bit of a parody of himself. Still it is good to have characters like him in the game as most managers/ players appear to be increasingly bland/ too professional and media savvy which is good in one respect but also makes you pine for seeing the days of Clough dishing out slaps to pitch invaders and Strachan's petulant post match interviews.
  • edited February 2015
    They're obviously working though. Why change a winning formula...
  • edited February 2015

Apparently had every right to be pissed off today. Two stonewall penaltys turned down.

Yep. Correct. Ashley Barnes' two iffy tackles were not good either, but it's almost irrelevant whether he's right or not. In some ways, I think it does him no favours on days like today when he's actually got a point.
    What gets my goat is the generic sulky and bitter reaction whenever they get a bad result and the wholly staged incredulity he displays to EVERY SINGLE interviewer after every game, win lose or draw, as if he can't believe anyone would ask anything so stupid, then responding like a fucking teenager desperately trying to show the onlookers how cool he is. Every week there are obtuse answers and attempts to be mysterious or unfathomable. We all know it's a diversionary tactic to deflect from his players, but it's so old hat now that it's ridiculous.

Yes Jose, you're very good at your job. Well done. Now just answer the journo's questions or don't come out for the interview in the first place.
  • Great Manager:

and how long has this great manager gone without a major trophy despite managing multi millionaires Real Madrid and Chelsea

Are you genuinly saying Mourinho isn't a great manager?
  • Great Manager:

and how long has this great manager gone without a major trophy despite managing multi millionaires Real Madrid and Chelsea

Who would you consider a good manager then mate, if Mourinho ain't?
  • Great Manager:

Lol. If winning the champions league twice isn't a massive achievement then I guess sir Alex was a shite manager as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Better than Messi would
  • Can definitely see why Mourinho would be pissed off after that game though! There are some really shocking decisions being made there.
  • Absolutely shocking game from the referee - Barnes should have seen red and Chelsea should have had two penalties. Mourinho is completely right to feel pissed off after that
  • edited February 2015

Apparently had every right to be pissed off today. Two stonewall penaltys turned down.

Just seen it all on Match of the Day. It looks like a referee determined not to give Chelsea anything, for whatever reason. How did Barnes not get a booking? I think the referee has shown himself up as not understanding the game. He may know the laws inside out, but he couldn't recognise a player leaving his foot in on an opponent, from ten yards away. Scandalous.
  • It's not going to change though is it, it's the same every year. Don't remember a season where refs have been universally praised.
  • I like Burnley and I want them to stay up but those highlights were embarrassing. Chelsea were absolutely mugged by horrendous reffing. Matic is lucky it's only three games he's going to miss and not the rest of the season with a shattered leg
  • Absolutely shocking game from the referee - Barnes should have seen red and Chelsea should have had two penalties. Mourinho is completely right to feel pissed off after that

Which is why Jose has to be carefull how he answers to the the press. I think Jose is pissed of with not being able to put his point of view over without the F.A. hauling him up on a disciplinary charge for so called misconduct, Huge fine and for giving an honest opinion on a decision that the ref will not have to answer to.

Maybe the Ref should be brought before the press to offer a view on some of these decisions that are shocking.
  • my point is he has managed massive clubs, Inter, Madrid and Chelsea
    Di Matteo won the Champions League with Chelsea, does that make him a great manager no,

Let Mourinho go to a West Brom or a Aston Villa and see how he gets on

He won the Champions League with Porto. A very good Porto team of his making but Porto all the same against the European Giants. To handle the immense pressure, expectations and egos that come with managing a Real Madrid, Inter and Chelsea is a sign of a good manager to.

There's leagues within leagues nowadays in football and he is a top manager in the top echelon of the top leagues in Europe.

Put it this way he wouldn't take his squad on a pre matchc jog on a northern motorway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Total prick who has become a parody of himself. Quite frankly, he's boring now.
  • Mourinho has matured and his comments today were not unreasonable.

Like most of us, I have followed him and his ego for many years and he is a much fine-tuned individual compared to his early days.

One thing is for sure:
    For a man with no history as a footballer, to manage at the highest level and get the world's top footballers to accept him without him having been a pro and to achieve such success is not just rare but exceptional.

Yes, he plays mind games but he has little choice at this level.

We could only dream of having a Manager like Mourinho.

Huge respect for the man.
  • John Terry, terrific player, cnut of a person. Mourinho, terrific Manager, cnut of a person. Of course, we are all now realising that Chelsea have never committed a foul, never been offside and should have won every game they drew or lost. He's boring, always has been. He's never been at a Club where he has had to build a team without massive money to buy. Personally, I'd love Pelligrini's City to get up and win he League, just to piss him off. Interesting article this week coming out of Madrid about how Mourinho couldn't handle the pressure or players at Real and had to go...................
  • Great Manager:

Are La Liga and Copa del rey not major trophies? I make that two seasons, one at madrid 12/13, then one at chelsea 13/14 without a major trophy, hardly long is it?

• He's become a bit of a parody of himself. Still it is good to have characters like him in the game as most managers/ players appear to be increasingly bland/ too professional and media savvy which is good in one respect but also makes you pine for seeing the days of Clough dishing out slaps to pitch invaders and Strachan's petulant post match interviews.

This.

It's great seeing him have a moan, we are lucky to have him providing such entertainment imo. It was the same with fergie, so many people used to slag him off and say he was a moaner and influencing refs or whatever. Was he a great manager? Yes. Was it great having him in English football? Yes. Does the premier league miss him? Yes. The same can be said or will be said about Mourinho.
  • However I agree his whole conspiracy against Chelsea thing was ridiculous but personally still found it funny. Can totally see how others get annoyed with him, but thats what I want! Managers provoking controversy and reactions! doesn't happen enough in the modern game. I'd have Mourinho over Hodgson any day of the week. Only thing stopping him would be the FA.

It's the same with players too, hardly ever bother watching post match interviews because its always the same shit, shelvey for example the other day, scored a screamer to win it for Swansea v Southampton and in his post match interview just says how the 3 points are the important thing, good for the team bla bla, the same with Ramsey when he scored one of the best goals i've seen in the champions league for arsenal, his post match interview nearly sent me to sleep! I know if that was me i'd be bouncing off the walls afterwards! I'm not having a dig at either of them as I'm sure a lot of the clubs tell players to give these PC answers and as soon as they get back in the dressing room they're probably raving about it, but it doesn't always have to be the case. That is another reason why I really like Harry Kane, when he's scored he shows real passion even in the interviews and says how delighted he is for HIMSELF and what a lovely goal HE scored rather than straight away go on about the team and how the 3 points is all he's thankful for. I guess he is young so they'll probably have that knocked out of him soon, especially once he gets his england call up. Slightly off topic but hope you get the point.
  • edited February 2015

However I agree his whole conspiracy against Chelsea thing was ridiculous but personally still found it funny. Can totally see how others get annoyed with him, but thats what I want! Managers provoking controversy and reactions! doesn't happen enough in the modern game. I'd have Mourinho over Hodgson any day of the week. Only thing stopping him would be the FA.

It's the same with players too, hardly ever bother watching post match interviews because its always the same shit, shelvey for example the other day, scored a screamer to win it for Swansea v Southampton and in his post match interview just says how the 3 points are the important thing, good for the team bla bla, the same with Ramsey when he scored one of the best goals i've seen in the champions league for arsenal, his post match interview nearly sent me to sleep! I know if that was me i'd be bouncing off the walls afterwards! I'm not having a dig at either of them as I'm sure a lot of the clubs tell players to give these PC answers and as soon as they get back in the dressing room they're probably raving about it, but it doesn't always have to be the case. That is another reason why I really like Harry Kane, when he's scored he shows real passion even in the interviews and says how delighted he is for HIMSELF and what a lovely goal HE scored rather than straight away go on about the team and how the 3 points is all he's thankful for. I guess he is young so they'll probably have that knocked out of him soon, especially once he gets his england call up. Slightly off topic but hope you get the point.

You do have a point and, as I mentioned in my first post, when Mourinho first came to Chelsea he was funny, original, something a bit different and good entertainment. He recognised early on that this approach made people sit up and take notice of him.
    However, I just don't think he's evolved and as a result his routine has become boring and transparent.
    He's still very effective at making comments to influence the talking points in the pubs after the games, I'll grant him that. I guess that's why he does it. He couldn't give a shit if some people find him tedious now, he's got enough people jizzing in their pants over his every word that his agenda will be met every week.
    For example, how many people are talking about Ivanovic's utterly disrespectful antics during the red card incident? He intimidated and tried to snatch Atkinson's red card off of him. Yet again a Mourinho player displays the inflated arrogance and misplaced sense of entitlement of their boss. Ivanovic was (rightly) booked for his actions, but nobody is talking about that because Mourinho fixed the agenda.
    Also, has anyone pointed out that it might have been quite easy for Atkinson to miss the Matic incident? Why do I say this? Because Matic was the only one to react. No other Chelsea or Burnley player reacted in any way at all until Matic did and there are quite a few watching the incident from just a few feet away. I've never seen a leg breaker raise so little interest from surrounding players. Admittedly, in slow motion it looks bad, but you could argue that it looked like a legal tackle at full speed. That's not a conspiracy, that's understandable human error.
    Just like Fergie and Wenger, (also great managers) he's also very good at seeing the things that go against his side and none of the things that go for them. Chelsea have had far more than their fair share of bad decisions go for them - so the 'subtle as a brick' hints (from Mourinho) and explicit cries (from the fans) of conspiracy emanating from Chelsea are entirely unfounded and not a little cringeworthy in my opinion.
  • edited February 2015
    Surely there must be retrospective action taken against Barnes if Atkinson 'missed it' at the time. A horrific looking challenge and I would struggle to believe anyone would not react in the same way as Matic. Mourinho does go on about perceived injustices but yesterday you can't argue with the poor refereeing from Atkinson. And Barnes also gets away with a sneaky studs down the back of Ivanovics calf too. As Merson said in his post match views Burnley didn't deserve any credit for getting a point the way they carried on.
  • The boy who cried wolf comes to mind.