Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Floyd and Manny to get it on.

Fight announced for May 2nd.

Three years too late?

Comments

• Still both regarded as 1 & 2 in the WW division and in the P4P rankings so not too late imo but def couldn't have left it any longer!

May on points for me but should be a cracker!

• edited February 2015
    Too old, too late, still too excited about this.
  • Are Floyd and Manny our two mascots?
  • About 5 years too late, nevermind 3.
  • Now the 40th present may have just been sorted
  • Now the 40th present may have just been sorted

40 is nothing mate wait until you get to 50 and then 60 and 65 ain't far away either :wink:
  • Fantastic fighter mayweather but vile human. Would love to see him lose.
  • I reckon Pacman at his best would have beat Floyd, but even though the younger man, has been on the decline for quite a few years. Just a money making freak show now.
  • I reckon Pacman at his best would have beat Floyd, but even though the younger man, has been on the decline for quite a few years. Just a money making freak show now.

Did you see mannys last fight against Algerie? He did not look in decline to me!

Manny still top of his game!
  • All rooms at the MGM sold out for May 2nd within 3 minutes of the fight being announced
  • Sponsored links:

• I think I'm right in saying that he will have one more fight left on his contract after this. So he overcomes Pacquiao and then finishes with Kahn in the second half of the year?
  • Khan can't fight in September (Ramadan).
    Floyd fights in May and September.
    If Khan v Floyd is gonna happen it will have to be next May now. (If Floyd still fighting then)
  • Floyd will never fight Amir
  • Khan would destroy Floyd IMO

When I say destroy I mean a large points decision
  • All Mayweather fights are snore fests. This will be no different. The build up will be far better than the event. Mayweather will win 116-112.
  • Last game of the season(play offs excepted lol)
    A big welcome back for Yann and Simon Francis
    On the lash early for 12.45 kick off
    So in bed by 9pm and get up at 5am for the fight
    Well I won't make 9pm and will not be capable of getting up at 5am so will have to record it
    Anyone know how it's being shown?
    Sky Box Office or Box Nation ?
  • All rooms at the MGM sold out for May 2nd within 3 minutes of the fight being announced

I booked the flights and hotel weeks ago :smiley:
  • We could have mascot fights at half time. Thefans would love it.
  • I hope Mayweather gets his arse kicked.
  • Last game of the season(play offs excepted lol)
    A big welcome back for Yann and Simon Francis
    On the lash early for 12.45 kick off
    So in bed by 9pm and get up at 5am for the fight
    Well I won't make 9pm and will not be capable of getting up at 5am so will have to record it
    Anyone know how it's being shown?
    Sky Box Office or Box Nation ?

Channel 5 ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

Floyd fights in May and September.
    If Khan v Floyd is gonna happen it will have to be next May now. (If Floyd still fighting then)

Can't see Mayweather wanting to fight khan at all. However assuming he beats Pacman that'll be 48-0, and the arrogance of the man suggests to me he wants to get to 50-0 to go ahead of Marciano's record
  • Be sky boxoffice I reckon

Don't forget Ramadan changes by 11 days each year (gets earlier). This year it finishes on 17 July so a September 2015 fight is possible for Khan.
  • Khan is talking about facing Brook again now isn't he? He probably should win but it guess its more to do with seeing if he can pull a huge crowd/ppv numbers to try and get a fight with the winner.
  • Be sky boxoffice I reckon

The way Sports News were covering it I assumed so. But that's fine with me!
  • One last massive payday for both before retirement unless it's a draw then it'll be two massive paydays .. on retirement .. second thoughts, fighters like these with huge egos think they can win titles when they're in their 70s