Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bournemouth v Watford

For all of you who are not out and about this evening .. this televised game (SS1) should be a cracker ..

Comments

• Good to see Watford getting the coverage they deserve on this Forum after the Blackpool match ;)
  • Good to see Watford getting the coverage they deserve on this Forum after the Blackpool match ;)

A quality team .. and BANG in form .. as is Bournemouth
  • Watford to win this 2-1.
  • Looking forward to this match.
    Fancy Watford 2-1
    Watford to win and BTTS looks good at 6/1.

as are Bournemouth ;-)

as are Bournemouth ;-)

you say are I say is .. 'team' is singular .. and do you say Bournemouth, the town, are by the sea ? .. this is (not are) a VERY common misuse of English .. the team IS good, the players ARE good

as are Bournemouth ;-)

you say are I say is .. 'team' is singular .. and do you say Bournemouth, the town, are by the sea ? .. this is (not are) a VERY common misuse of English .. the team IS good, the players ARE good
    Similar discussion this morning on the radio about bands singular/plural; do you say "The Rolling Stones are still touring"?
  • Exactly Lincs.

Bit like when they announce on Strictly - the first couple through is not first couple through are. They are one team or one couple.
  • CatAddick said:

Good to see Watford getting the coverage they deserve on this Forum after the Blackpool match ;)

as are Bournemouth ;-)

Similar discussion this morning on the radio about bands singular/plural; do you say "The Rolling Stones are still touring"?
    Rolling Stones is plural, not a compound noun .. anyway please let's leave the grammar anomalies for another post .. this one concerns tonight's Bourn v Wat match ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• "We is Charlton, Super Charlton, Covered End"

"We is the famous Charlton FC and we is going to Wembley"

:- )

• Bournemouth to win tonight, Watford aren't all that away
  • Watford to win 3 - 0
  • edited January 2015

"We is Charlton, Super Charlton, Covered End"

lol .. you are being silly, and you are digressing .. a topic that usually bothers you VERY much .. The Charlton support IS going to Wembley .. the Charlton supporterS ARE going to Wembley .. therefore, 'we', the supporters, ARE going to Wembley, Henry, the supporter, IS going to Wembley .. and end of .. keep to the topic .. or open a new post
  • edited January 2015
    I fancy Bournemouth 2-0

EDIT 9/1 with Paddy Power
  • Watford to win 3 - 0

55/1 .. with Paddy Power !!! .. I'll have £ on that me own self ((:>)
  • And for anyone who doesn't want to watch Simon Francis move a step closer to the premier league, then in Germany the top two are playing tonight after the 6 week winter break.
    Wolfsburg vs Bayern on BT, should be a belter.
  • And for anyone who doesn't want to watch Simon Francis move a step closer to the premier league, then in Germany the top two are playing tonight after the 6 week winter break.
    Wolfsburg vs Bayern on BT, should be a belter.

.. you've forgotten about about Kermorgant and Arter .. any of the three would walk into our team right now .. and the B'mouth game has far more relevance to most CAFC fans than a German league game
  • Im on 3-3 and 3-3 Wilson
  • Watford down to 10 men
  • Sponsored links:

• wrong decision was a covering defender
    ruined the game after 30 seconds
  • there goes the 3-0 and the game is ruined after less than 2 minutes ((:<)
  • Wolfsburg 1-0
  • Can't believe it was a red
  • "We is Charlton, Super Charlton, Covered End"

He's ditched his cardigan and turned into Ali G !!!

• Ruined the game that, awful call by the ref, not last man and wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

How some of these refs have a job is beyond me.
  • Dunno... this has the makings of a good game here, Bournemouth have to be careful as Watford have the pace to counter
  • that Francis .. F***ing useless ... LOL
  • Commentator suggesting Charlton were a long ball to Kermorgant team