Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Museum visit and a few pics

I'm don't normally put up threads when there are already 101 that relate to the subject, but I thought that we could have a specific thread for those that had visited the Museum and could put their comments and any pics.

Anyway, I took my 77 year old Mother In Law who watched Sam Bartram all those years ago. She vividly still remembers our flame haired keeper and enjoyed reading his contract, watching the video and seeing his pictures.

We were met in the museum by Mick Everett and Nick (?) who were very friendly and "chatted up" my MIL, working out with her that she had probably started to watch Charlton in 1946. As you enter the Museum you can follow Charlton through the decades in pictures on the wall and I soon found my era 1960's, with a picture of Ray Crawford (He of Colchester Leeds fame), in full red kit (Based on memory as the pic was in B&W).

Other highlights include our silver wear from the League 1 season - Peoples cup, lots of stuff on Charlton 7 Huddersfield 6 - a score we would do well to repeat on 28th February, a display of Mendonca's play off final kit and the match ball, signed for him by the team including "I love you Robbo" - or similar. There is loads and loads more on display, but on top of that Mick took me into his store room (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and showed me just how much more stuff can be gradually brought out on display.

There is loads more that I could talk about, but the best is to go and experience it. I left a small donation.

Comments

• Thanks for posting that Kap and glad the MIL liked it too.

In case anyone is wondering why there is a big blank space on the walls in the 2nd picture there will be a time line there eventually.
  • OK, Henry - I get the hint ;-)
  • Thanks for posting that Kap and glad the MIL liked it too.

In case anyone is wondering why there is a big blank space on the walls in the 2nd picture there will be a time line there eventually.

I thought it was a "how long since Charlton scored a goal" line...
  • Stig said:

OK, Henry - I get the hint ;-)

I was going to say "we waiting on the artist to realise his vision" : - )

Take as long as you need Jon, appreciate that you are doing at all.
  • edited January 2015

Thanks for posting that Kap and glad the MIL liked it too.

I thought it was a "how long since Charlton scored a goal" line...

No, that's the white line on the floor : - )
  • edited February 2015
    Thought I would bump this so people can go and see what the real Charlton Athletic Football Club used to look like.