Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Six Nations 2015

Starts next Friday with Wales v England in Cardiff.

England and Ireland are favourites with Wales just behind. Come on England!

Comments

• I think England are going to struggle in Cardiff (a lot)

I hope not of course - especially as the Mrs is going
  • It will be Wales v England 2nd XV the way the injuries are going!
  • edited January 2015
    Feb 6&7:
    Wales vs England. FRI 20:00
    Italy vs Ireland. SAT 14:30
    France vs Scotland. SAT 19:00

Feb 14&15:
    England vs Italy. SAT 14:30
    Ireland vs France. SAT 19:00
    Scotland vs Wales. SUN 15:00

Feb 28 & Mar 1:
    Scotland vs Italy. SAT 14:30
    France vs Wales. SAT 19:00
    Ireland vs England. SUN 15:00

Mar 14&15:
    Wales vs Ireland. SAT 14:30
    England vs Scotland. SAT 19:00
    Italy vs France. SUN 15:00

Mar 21:
    Italy vs Wales. SAT 12:30
    Scotland vs Ireland. SAT 14:30
    England vs France. SAT 17:00
  • Ireland to win it.
  • I suspect that many of the missing 'injured' are precautionary withdrawals in readiness for the World Cup. Likewise, I do wonder if the 6N players will be totally 'committed' for the same reasons.
    I do wonder about Lancaster. He's been in charge for quite a while now and there is still no discernible consistent pattern of play so far as England is concerned. Compared to NZ and SA English rugby is still in the dark ages. About time, with our facilities and playing strength that it was sorted out.
  • I suspect that many of the missing 'injured' are precautionary withdrawals in readiness for the World Cup. Likewise, I do wonder if the 6N players will be totally 'committed' for the same reasons.
    I do wonder about Lancaster. He's been in charge for quite a while now and there is still no discernible consistent pattern of play so far as England is concerned. Compared to NZ and SA English rugby is still in the dark ages. About time, with our facilities and playing strength that it was sorted out.

I think you can safely assume the Welsh boys will be pretty committed next Friday in front of a full-house, 99% of which has been boozing in town all day...

• Think I read that Eng and Ireland are joint favourites to win it, but Wales are favourites in the Grand Slam market !!

I think you can safely assume the Welsh boys will be pretty committed next Friday in front of a full-house, 99% of which has been boozing in town all day...

agreed, my comments about 'commitment' were mainly aimed at the English .. I should have made that clear .. The next one should be a good weekend .. Wales/England followed by us at 'Boro .. I'll enjoy the rugby in the comfort of my luxury Middlesbrough hotel, provided I can find one ((:>)

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/owenslot/article4335501.ece

This is a very good article that was in Yesterday's Times about Stuart Lancaster and his preparations ahead of this years WC. However it's subscription only online which is a bloody ball ache.
  • edited January 2015

I suspect that many of the missing 'injured' are precautionary withdrawals in readiness for the World Cup. Likewise, I do wonder if the 6N players will be totally 'committed' for the same reasons.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/owenslot/article4335501.ece

This is a very good article that was in Yesterday's Times about Stuart Lancaster and his preparations ahead of this years WC. However it's subscription only online which is a bloody ball ache.
    I read another Times article (on Saturday) by the excellent Paul Ackford which was critical of Lancaster. I found myself nodding and 'yessing' in agreement with most of what he wrote. Perhaps the Lancaster' love in' with the press has run its course
    I have been very critical of Lancaster and the England coaching set up for quite a while. Rowntree, a man who once stated that for his part, the entire 80 minutes of a rugby game should be devoted to scrummaging, AND, I do not think that he was jesting. This from a man supposedly in charge of developing a more 'dynamic' and all round game from the English forwards.
    Then we have 'assistant coach' Farrell whose son has mostly filled the pivotal stand-off role for the past two seasons. Farrell Jnr (now injured !) is a fine kicker but a very negative influence as a game manager. We can only hope that Ford can be a better influence on the English backs as a attacking force. BUT with the usual selection of lumpy centres outside him who seem incapable of making a pass, can we expect too much ? ..
    I am looking forward to seeing which England XV turns up in Cardiff next week. It's about time 'we' reached our undoubted potential and fully utilised 'our' talents.
    Last word, I hope that Christian Day the Northampton lock gets some playing time. A late replacement who's been overlooked for far too long, he has been one of the best English locks around for a long time. Just ask Jim Mallinder his club manager/coach
  • Sponsored links:

• Really looking forward to it once again and hoping once more that Scotland might upset the form books and make third or even second! The form of Glasgow and Edinburgh has been better and we now have the Vern Cotter factor. I will see Scotland play Wales in Edinburgh and England at Twickenham. Can't wait.
  • MrOneLung said:

Think I read that Eng and Ireland are joint favourites to win it, but Wales are favourites in the Grand Slam market !!

That's probably because Wales have both England and Ireland in Cardiff.
  • Really looking forward to it once again and hoping once more that Scotland might upset the form books and make third or even second! The form of Glasgow and Edinburgh has been better and we now have the Vern Cotter factor. I will see Scotland play Wales in Edinburgh and England at Twickenham. Can't wait.

Both good drink ups
  • PL54 said:

Really looking forward to it once again and hoping once more that Scotland might upset the form books and make third or even second! The form of Glasgow and Edinburgh has been better and we now have the Vern Cotter factor. I will see Scotland play Wales in Edinburgh and England at Twickenham. Can't wait.

Both good drink ups
    Always a good starting point.
  • Am doing Wales v England and Ireland v England.

Not holding out much hope next Friday as England have too many key injuries at the moment....

Looking forward to Dublin as got into the Clarence Hotel and spending the Saturday afternoon in my favourite pub, Dame Tavern.

Not sure my liver will survive....
  • If England got there act together with the depth of talent they have,they should be totally dominating world rugby. Mind if the yanks took it seriously it would be thank you and good night!
  • although they play outside of Paris, I will be in Paris for the France v Scotland game
  • So getting away from the shambles that is Charlton, Wales have named their team 2 days early. Quite a statement, and an incredibly settled team.

Think with our injury problems we can expect to see a team of:

Marler, Hartley, Cole; Kruis, Attwood; Robshaw, Haskell, Vunipola; Youngs, Ford; Burrell, Joseph; May, Watson, Brown.

Going to be a cracker of a game. Just hope a relatively inexperienced English backline can cope with the cauldron of noise that is the Millenium Stadium
  • Another of ours has pulled out hasn't he ?
  • PL54 said:

Another of ours has pulled out hasn't he ?

David Wilson was ruled out yesterday. Luckily the front row is one area we have real strength in depth so hopefully won't be the biggest loss.

It's the centre's where the injuries have really been an issue, but if Burrell has recovered from his concussion then him and Joseph is a good pairing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love to have got a ticket for Friday. I've been fortunate enough to get some for the Italy and Scotland games.

Been to Cardiff for a game before, cracking atmosphere and a great place to watch Rugby.
  • I went to a game there once, very pissed and singing God save Your Queen very loudly standing up during the anthems. The people around me looked at my wife and just raised their eyebrows in sympathy.

We lost.
  • Can't wait for it to get going on Friday.
  • So England as expected then, although really don't understand why Twelvetrees is on the bench ahead of someone who would cover wing/full back. Also slightly wary of Cole and Croft both in the 23, neither of them having played much rugby at all this season. However, they are both British Lions so their experience could be vital.

God I'm excited for Friday
  • Easter is a sub. Gawd, he's nearly older than me.
  • Good to see Haskell being retained. Absolute beast of a man
    We really need our centres to form a good partnership, all these injuries and chopping and changing isn't good with the WC just months away
  • When did we last have a decent settled centre pairing though?
  • MrOneLung said:

When did we last have a decent settled centre pairing though?

That is a very good question. Cant remember, there has been so many centres used over the last few years. Would be a real struggle to be a better one in recent (ish) times than Greenwood and Tindall. Would like to see Tuilagi and Burrell together.
  • Gonna play the Dan Cole Drinking game, every penalty he gives away at the scrum, bang back a pint and a shot.

Christ - you will be drunker than Roger Johnson on his way to training.