Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congestion Charge up to £25...

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
...for the heaviest polluters, ie Chelsea Tractors. Fecking right and all

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30400-1305023,00.html

Comments

• lol he he

lets hope that the Green supporters vote Lib Dem as there second vote in the mayoral election. That means the labour voters would vote green as there 2nd choice. Hence the Greens would be in power how funny that would be for labour and livinstone. Their poncey voting and evelusion systems coming back to bite them on their arse. Like up in Scotland with the SNP.
  • Greens as a pressure group are fine but i wouldn't want them chairing a parish council let alone administering London.
  • it would serve labour right !!
  • Greens ? only use is in a roast dinner. F**k all to do with the real World.
  • So what pollutes more? My car with four people in it at 274 g/km or 2 Ford Kas with two people in producing 308 g/km?
  • Chelsea tractors should be crushed end of, no need for them, just a look at me & how much I earn statement, people carriers have far more room inside FACT.
  • my mum's just brought a 4x4, but it does get used off road, and pulls a horse box around Kent, but there is zero reason to drive one of those things into Central London
  • went to run for a bus 2 day this push bike facist comes from behind and we nearly have a pile up. I say" sorry mate" and he pedals off. I stop think hold on he is on the pavement and pedling like f**k and coming from behind me ad i say SORRY ?

Next time ill wait time he gets up 2 speed and time it right with full swing of lap top to face as he draws level to me. I mean accidents do happen, even on the pavement.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]my mum's just brought a 4x4, but it does get used off road, and pulls a horse box around Kent, but there is zero reason to drive one of those things into Central London

Very handy if you want to knock down cyclists...
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Chelsea tractors should be crushed end of, no need for them.
    What will your Dad do with the extra space in the car park on matchdays :)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Chelsea tractors should be crushed end of, no need for them.

LOl He wants a Mini believe it or not !
  • Politics of envy in my opinion...hit those who you perceive to have the most cash because you know they won't complain, and even if they do they'll be little sympathy from the rest of the country who would like to own a decent car but can't afford to do so...the middle class hammered again...

Fact is that road accidents now are down largely to driver error and therefore those who can are taking the opportunity to protect themselves and their families in big, safe cars...I know that if I could afford one I'd be driving my family around in a tank to keep us all safe from the numpties on the roads. Re-phase the traffic lights, get rid of those f*cking bendy buses which cause so much congestion (ever been behind one when it wants to turn right? or can't get past someone digging up the road to lay another water pipe etc?), don't build out bus stops, a sensible approach to road works, let motorbikes use bus lanes and am sure pollution caused from waiting around would be reduced...
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Politics of envy in my opinion...hit those who you perceive to have the most cash because you know they won't complain, and even if they do they'll be little sympathy from the rest of the country who would like to own a decent car but can't afford to do so...the middle class hammered again...

Fact is that road accidents now are down largely to driver error and therefore those who can are taking the opportunity to protect themselves and their families in big, safe cars...I know that if I could afford one I'd be driving my family around in a tank to keep us all safe from the numpties on the roads. Re-phase the traffic lights, get rid of those f*cking bendy buses which cause so much congestion (ever been behind one when it wants to turn right? or can't get past someone digging up the road to lay another water pipe etc?), don't build out bus stops, a sensible approach to road works, let motorbikes use bus lanes and am sure pollution caused from waiting around would be reduced...

That wouldn't make money though Dan would it?
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Politics of envy in my opinion...hit those who you perceive to have the most cash because you know they won't complain, and even if they do they'll be little sympathy from the rest of the country who would like to own a decent car but can't afford to do so...the middle class hammered again...

The thing is, that people who have the cash, do complain, and tend to get there own ways, it's people from the rougher end of the social scale who don't.

I don't see a problem hitting the worst polluting cars, and encouraging people to drive hybrids or low carbon emission cars. But I'll also allow Motorbikes into bus lanes as well.
  • Crikey, am I sounding like Dan ;-)

No you're right....that's why it will never happen....

Now, am off to a meeting about road safety in London....
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]...for the heaviest polluters, ie Chelsea Tractors. Fecking right and all

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30400-1305023,00.html

Absolutely right, except of course the minor detail that they're not the heaviest polluters.
  • No they're not, that's why it's any vehicle over a certain limit... 226 g/k I believe...

Therefore, includes bigger engine cars too... Mercs, BMW's, Lexus etc...
  • Or any vehicle that belongs to a friend of that scum bag Kens.
  • hang on, does this mean my 3.2 ltr Merc registered in 2000 will be hit?

Not wanting to sound like a bloody NiMBY but that's not going to do me any favours on the re-sale.

:-(
  • "hang on, does this mean my 3.2 ltr Merc registered in 2000 will be hit?"

Don't fib, Lou. You've got a yewt, mate ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• so correct me if I'm wrong but the effin big letter C on the entrance to roads near central london doesn't stand for congestion it actually stands for anti pollution .

Ken is one great big bulls***ing pratt of a man and anyone that voted him back in then or again needs to take a good hard look at themselves as every promise he made seems to make is a lie.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Chelsea tractors should be crushed end of, no need for them.

LOl He wants a Mini believe it or not !

NO! I can't see him in a Mini!