Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aaron Barnes signs pro deal (ed. Sold to Col U)

Comments

• can he play central midfield?
  • Another right back isn't he?
  • Congratulations Aaron
  • Yay ! Another very promising young gun signed up !
  • Never heard of him?
  • Do you do anything outside of Charlton Life?

You don't have to start every thread as it's posted on the O.S or other forums/ news sources. That's what newsnow is for!
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers Paulie
  • CharltonLife is always the quickest place to find out news because everything breaking goes on to Twitter (not everyone has that), usually takes an extra 10-20mins to appear on the OS
  • Dazzler21 said:

Never heard of him?

Dazzler21 said:

Do you do anything outside of Charlton Life?

You don't have to start every thread as it's posted on the O.S or other forums/ news sources. That's what newsnow is for!

so you'd never heard of him until Paulie posted? doesn't say a lot for these other news sources of yours does it

would you prefer it if nothing that appears on the OS is discussed on here? that would certainly remove an awful lot of the Charlton content

I rarely look on the OS and have no clue what newsnow is

Paulie, you are my primary source of info, keep posting

• Yeah this is getting really stupid now. Just give the kid a break.

I'm not sure he's a kid tbf
  • Yeah this is getting really stupid now. Just give the kid a break.

I'm not sure he's a kid tbf
    I'm not sure that is relevant to be honest.
  • Thanks for letting us know Paulie, I'd never heard of this lad, or knew about this signing.
  • Thanks Paulie i wouldnt have known had it not been for you starting this thread
  • Have met Aaron on a couple of occasions through mutual family friends. He told me in December that he wanted to be knocking on the door of first team football in 2015/16. He's probably one of the nicest and down to earth people I've met. Lovely guy and I hope he makes it. We're obviously short on right backs at the moment and Aaron's mentor, Chris Solly will probably miss a lot of games this season. I haven't seen him play but would be interested to hear from those who have whether it might be a bit soon or if we are likely to see him at the Valley in the coming season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just out of curiousity but seeing a lot of comments about Chris Solly missing a lot of matches this season.

Can I just ask on what basis this is... He had a long term knee injury yet has managed to get over it and from January 2015 he barely missed a match, with the player himself stating that the knee wasn't causing him problems anymore?
  • Just out of curiousity but seeing a lot of comments about Chris Solly missing a lot of matches this season.

Can I just ask on what basis this is... He had a long term knee injury yet has managed to get over it and from January 2015 he barely missed a match, with the player himself stating that the knee wasn't causing him problems anymore?

Sorry, I think I must have missed that. Perhaps that is for another discussion. We definitely need cover/competition there whether Solly is available for every match or not.
  • Josh Staunton looked very comfortable at RB last night - indeed he had a better time there than Aaron.

Absolutely right.

Chris Solly played the third most minutes by any Charlton player last season (league games only).

Cousins was way out in front with Buyens in second and Solly third.
  • From what I have seen of him, Barnes isn't ready yet.

Absolutely right.

Chris Solly played the third most minutes by any Charlton player last season (league games only).

That's incredible given he was out every other game at the start of the season (which is how Gomez got his chance) - must have played almost every minute of the second half of the season.
  • se9addick said:

Just out of curiousity but seeing a lot of comments about Chris Solly missing a lot of matches this season.

Absolutely right.

That's incredible given he was out every other game at the start of the season (which is how Gomez got his chance) - must have played almost every minute of the second half of the season.
    He started 38 league games. Never got subbed. Sent off once.
  • I want a handful of youth team games last season and Aaron Barnes was one of the players I was told by another fan would probably get released.

To be honest it reminded me a little bit of Morgan fox in that he is a bit "no frills".

Only seen him a few times so may be I saw him on good or bad days but he looks ok but not yet ready for the first team
  • edited July 2015
    Have only seen Barnes against Brentford in the Nat final of League 2,
    so would be unfair to judge as we were under the cosh a lot in the 2nd half of that game and Aaron didn't always have an outlet ball and would sometimes just hit it long down the pitch.
    We must'nt make the mistakes of last season and play players too soon like we did with KAG. Don't compare with Gomez and Shelvey who were ready to play at 16 or 17 for the 1st team.
    Solly who only played 10 games in the 2013/14 season,
    only missed 6 or so games in 2014/15, but we will need someone on standby, as Nego is not the answer.(have seen Nego play 4 matches and looks in need of a good meal)

Sorry, I think I must have missed that. Perhaps that is for another discussion. We definitely need cover/competition there whether Solly is available for every match or not.
    Definitely agree that we need cover for Solly as any player can get suspended / injured, was just asking the question on here as had noticed his fitness had been mentioned a few times this summer