Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Gallery (Turnmills)

My 3rd home (after Ibiza) is closing at the end of march... The building is being re-developed..

I have had many many good nights on a friday at 'The Gallery'.. gonna be gutted once its gone.

They are having a closing party based on Clockwork Orange with all the old names spinning on the 1's & 2's.. cant wait for it!!

Anyone else ever go there?

Comments

• a closing party based on Clock Work Orange ?

1) Simon J will be there !
    2) Does that mean Rape and Ultra violence then ?
    3) White jump suits bowler hats and beating the crap out of everyone ?
  • I was gonna say, a party based on Clockwork Ornage could be rather interesting.....
  • sounds good
  • those that are ITK know wot i mean!!

;-)
  • Heard it was closing down as a few of me mates used to DJ at the smartie partie and have 1 last gig in March.

Shame used to be great but must admit went the other week on a friday and it was half empty.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Heard it was closing down as a few of me mates used to DJ at the smartie partie and have 1 last gig in March.

Shame used to be great but must admit went the other week on a friday and it was half empty.
    Half full mate, don't go all Golfie on us!
  • Mind you the Ultra violence and the beatingthe crap out of everyone has been done before --it was called The Welcome Inn !! and it wasnt.
  • loved turnmills. went there news years eve about 4 years ago and the chemical brothers were on set. big big night. took me many a day to recover.
  • im going for a show that a friend is playing in in a few weeks. i think they do a bit of dancing afterwards but will probably leg it for that bit being a bit old.
  • Went to a few parties there over the years, my favourite one was called 'Outrageous' Nippa Deep Downey hosted I think, he also played Ministry of Sound. Doris's in there were ace!
  • Sponsored links:

• nuts in kets?
  • Bagleys closed, Fridge closed, Turnmills closed....

Boo
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Went to a few parties there over the years, my favourite one was called 'Outrageous' Nippa Deep Downey hosted I think, he also played Ministry of Sound. Doris's in there were ace!

I was with a long term girlfriend at the time & took her with me she actually slapped me that night for drooling at all the other girls. :-)
  • lol ketters
  • I'd put money on the chemical brothers djing that weekend
  • I used to go there for their monthly indie night which they held on the first Thursday of the month. It was basically just Madchester legends like Shaun Ryder and Bez doing DJ sets but was still really good, especially for a Thursday.

They stopped doing it a couple of years ago so I haven't been for a while but I was still sad to hear of the demise of Turnmills because it was a good venue.
  • I'm trying to imagine a copy of an Orpington-based free newspaper swaying around to the Mondays here...
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I'm trying to imagine a copy of an Orpington-based free newspaper swaying around to the Mondays here...

He used to go round pretending he was the Manchester Evening news saying things like "mad fer it"....
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I'm trying to imagine a copy of an Orpington-based free newspaper swaying around to the Mondays here...

Haha quality. Turn to page 88 for some top moves.
  • [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I'm trying to imagine a copy of an Orpington-based free newspaper swaying around to the Mondays here...

Haha quality. Turn to page 88 for some top moves.

I know it has been said b4 however we want our delivery in Charlton please!lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Gurnmills! Went there a couple of times last summer after boat parties and had a quality time. It's the only club I've ever been to where I don't feel so bad for the state I'm in because every freak in town ends up there.
  • Remember the Heavenly Social like it was yesterday. The Chemicals got me into dance music - up until then I was pretty much a Rap/Metal kid. I remember getting utterly ruined listening to one of their sets. From that point on for about six months I listened to nothing but big beat. It also got me into much more stuff - trance, ambient, electro. To this day I listen to the first Chemicals album about once a month.

Last went there about three years ago and, sadly, it was utter b***ocks.
  • Leroy you sound almost the same as me , had been to cream a couple of times but never really enjoyed it but had got into the first fatboy slim album around 96/97 so decided to go to the social one night and that was me hooked.

All the people that played there were amazing , the chemical brothers , jon carter , fatboy slim and richard fearless to name but a few .

Went to the last night of the social there , fearless was on just before the chems headlined and the last song he played was kinky afro and the whole place was singing it . Then the music stopped the whole place went dark for a few seconds and by the dj booth a blue police type light lit up followed by a siren then followed by the opening bars of block rocking beats , absolutely amazing .

Got to say the best moment in there was when mitsubishi's first came about (some will know what I mean) and right in the middle of a really banging set fatboy played could you be loved by Marley.

I get a rush just sitting here writing this
  • ahhh mitsu's.... great great memories..
    i have had so many good nights in Turnmills with them babies!!
  • Mitsu's, Lacoste's, Supermen, aah bloomin marvellous !