Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Wow I wasn't at the game but that sounds extremely harsh and unnecessary.

It is.

• Felt Fox was better yesterday with Cousins providing the cover... Harriott isnt a defensive minded player so Fox lost that protection a bit once Cousins moved into the middle
  • I'm not a fan on the basis of what I've seen so far of him. I can't see him being the answer in the long term but apart from the last 20 mins where he was very scary, he was reasonably solid yesterday. Hope Wiggins gets fit soon though!

Of course Wiggins has been so outstanding this season, every decent right winger has taken him apart.
  • iaitch said:

I'm not a fan on the basis of what I've seen so far of him. I can't see him being the answer in the long term but apart from the last 20 mins where he was very scary, he was reasonably solid yesterday. Hope Wiggins gets fit soon though!

Of course Wiggins has been so outstanding this season, every decent right winger has taken him apart.
    I don't disagree. But wiggins is clearly better than fox so I want him back. Unless we spend zillions (which I'm not advocating) we have to go with the best at our disposal in each position. Wiggins has his limitations, but he's the best left back we have by a long way.
  • would love a breakdown on why he was so poor citing specific incidents but i doubt we will. Some people have just had a bad week and go to the football to pick on some one. Thought he looked fine to be honest, not chris solly or rhoys wiggins esque but solid all the same. Bizarre comment.
  • Greenie said:

masicat said:

Looks like someone was watching a different game. Prat has two t,s though.

Oh dear and coming from the celebrity puncher.
    Edmonson deserved it. The young boy Fox didn't.
  • Apart from an awful error that lead to Bikey getting a booking he did ok.
  • masicat said:

Greenie said:

masicat said:

Oh dear and coming from the celebrity puncher.
    Edmonson deserved it. The young boy Fox didn't.
    Really? Good job you were there then.
  • Greenie's comments aren't borne out by Fox's scores in the 'Marks' thread are they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fox is what we have so he plays and I'll cheer him to the rafters every week but the critical eye in me viewing not through my rose tinted spectacles tells me he is not the answer and I doubt he ever will be. I'm willing to bet he's playing league one football in a year or two. No disgrace in that for Morgan.
  • he is cover--costs us no extra money to find a replacement--is young and will improve---on issues at all --keep on keeping on Morgan Fox
  • edited November 2014
    Biggest test for him and thought he dealt with okay. Didn't help that one of your experience defender was having a nightmare next to him.

Lacks experience but he can only get that by playing matches.

he's a good back up player behind a quality full back.

No need to get anyone in on loan to replace him.

• I've always thought his future lies at centre back.
  • What a load of rubbish, he put us in a bad position once but far from the worst full back performance I've seen. Presumably you didn't see Simon Francis against Preston in the cup a few years ago.
  • edited November 2014
    It may be a more sensible debate to ask what's supposed to have happened with regard to Wiggins injuries. Previously Solly has filled in at left back. However here we have Morgan Fox, making progress through the ranks, who is challenged to step up because Rhoys is injured. He has responded pretty well when called on, he hasn't been able to control the circumstances of his introduction to the first team, and what I have observed is one of our own being able to progress into Championship football.
    Seems pretty good to me, for a start it hasn't cost us, it reenforces the significance and appeal or our academy, and it has meant Chris can continue on the right, and the young player is gaining valuable experience and has done well.
    What other alternatives have there been in the context of Rhoy's injuries?
  • masicat said:

No it doesn't unless it's someone's surname actually you prat ;)
  • Greenie said:

buckshee said:

Greenie said:

Absolutely abject performance today, possibly the worst full back performance I have ever seen.
    He looked like a frightened child most of the game. No awareness, no link up play, made the wrong decisions, cant head a ball, was wrong side of his player.
    If he's a pro footballer, I'm Lionel Messi.

I hope he never pulls the CAFC shirt on again.

That's what I like to see , a good bit of support for one of our young inexperienced pros . Give yourself a blue peter badge you prat.
    Oi sonny I don't remember calling you names! I believe an apology is in order.
    "Sonny"?

Ha ha.
  • buckshee said:

masicat said:

No it doesn't unless it's someone's surname actually you prat ;)
    I bet some think your a prick. I don't though.
  • buckshee said:

Greenie said:

buckshee said:

Greenie said:

Absolutely abject performance today, possibly the worst full back performance I have ever seen.
    He looked like a frightened child most of the game. No awareness, no link up play, made the wrong decisions, cant head a ball, was wrong side of his player.
    If he's a pro footballer, I'm Lionel Messi.

I hope he never pulls the CAFC shirt on again.

That's what I like to see , a good bit of support for one of our young inexperienced pros . Give yourself a blue peter badge you prat.
    Oi sonny I don't remember calling you names! I believe an apology is in order.
    "Sonny"?

Ha ha.
    Oh I assumed you are a fella. My mistake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not even the worst fullback performance of this season. Hell, not even Fox's worst performance this season. Is he as good as Wiggins, Solly, Gomez? No. Does that equate to poor? Of course it bloody doesn't. He's not the future of this Charlton defence but if we need a left back to step in then by all means step forward Mr Fox.
  • edited November 2014

would love a breakdown on why he was so poor citing specific incidents but i doubt we will. Some people have just had a bad week and go to the football to pick on some one. Thought he looked fine to be honest, not chris solly or rhoys wiggins esque but solid all the same. Bizarre comment.

did you go? Morgan Fox played well, but interested, were you there?

• edited November 2014
    He had a couple of moments of poor play in quick succession early in the second half.

Otherwise he did a decent job. He rarely lets the team down but neither does he really stand out. Pretty similar to most full backs at whatever level.
  • I also see him as a CB but at a lower level. Luckily we have THD and Archie in the wings. Does the latter have to wait until 18 for a loan? Like to see him on the bench this season.
  • Dan Seabournes boxing day performance against Ipswich will take some beating as the worst ever full back!
    Fox shows good and bad. Typical of a young player learning his trade
  • Simon Francis season was worse than that.
  • For the record, I thought Morgan had a steady game on Saturday. Certainly not deserving of the criticism @Greenie handed down.
    If he was looking for a truly abject performance from a full back over the weekend, he need look no further than Glen Johnson's utterly dreadful, lazy showing for Liverpool yesterday.
  • He wasn't great but we already know he's not going to be our best full back, and he probably won't be round for long with Wiggins and the emergence of another exciting prospect in the same position. He does well at filling in and that's all he does, a stop gap.

Worst full back performance? Please tell me you remember Kerkar playing there?
  • johnnie jackson wasn't exactly the greatest left back of his generation..
  • He wasn't great but we already know he's not going to be our best full back, and he probably won't be round for long with Wiggins and the emergence of another exciting prospect in the same position. He does well at filling in and that's all he does, a stop gap.

Worst full back performance? Please tell me you remember Kerkar playing there?

Holmes-Dennis is just an exciting prospect at the moment, who knows how he will develop, he's getting good reviews at League 2 level but can he step up, only time will tell.

Maybe Fox will come on for the experience he's getting, let's wait and see before hounding him out the club.