Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Fish (ed. Had a heart attack)

Comments

• Options
    WTF is bafana fabana???? stoopidist words i as ever 'eard!
  • Options
    No disrespect to the guy who was great servant to CAFC, but he was proper finished when he left us, cannot imagine how poor the standard must be if he is playing again.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    He's probably run out of cash, after spending it all on booze, statues and coffee tables....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]WTF is bafana fabana???? stoopidist words i as ever 'eard!
    Yeah right!
    Let's hear it for the Dooodana Dooodana :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]WTF is bafana fabana???? stoopidist words i as ever heard!

nick name for the south africa national side
  • Options
    According to BBC Sport...

Former Charlton and South Africa defender Mark Fish is recovering from a mild heart attack, according to reports in the South African media.

Fish is quoted as saying: "I'm glad it's over and that the tests have been done. I want to start taking better care of myself."

Fish played for Charlton between 2000 and 2005, having previously spent four years at Bolton.
  • Options
    Jesus. Hopefully he can make a full recovery!
  • Options
    :S get will soon FEEEEEEEESH
  • Options
    Oh dear. Get well soon, Mark.
  • Options
    Blimey, know he has burnt the candle but you don't expect that at his age. Hope he sorts himself out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lets hope for a swift recovery
  • Options
    Good luck Feeeesh...
  • Options
    "I want to start taking better care of myself"

What has he been doing?
  • Options
    Sort it out fish.

You would think with those footballing years behind him of fitness...these kind of things would be a rarity.

• Options
    PL54 said:

What has he been doing?

Smoking, drinking & drugs ?
  • Options

PL54 said:

What has he been doing?

Smoking, drinking & drugs ?
    But not for long - he was an international athlete for half his life so far
  • Options
    He was always a big lad, and high blood pressure can be hereditary...good luck Feeesh.
  • Options
    He smoked while he was playing. Given that he once missed a game for us after getting pissed and falling through a glass coffee table, I suspect he was a bit rock n roll during his playing days!

Regardless, get well soon.
  • Options
    Bit of a wake up call. methinks....

Take care of yourself, Mark.
  • Options
    By all accounts, he could drink like a .............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top man top player

One of my all time favourite characters at cafc

Get well soon god bless
  • Options
    Didn't he turn the basement of his house into a nightclub?

• Options

He smoked while he was playing. Given that he once missed a game for us after getting pissed and falling through a glass coffee table, I suspect he was a bit rock n roll during his playing days!

I'm sure i remember that happened while he was playing with his son not when he was pissed.

Anyway , get well soon Mark.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I'm sure i remember that happened while he was playing with his son not when he was pissed.

Anyway , get well soon Mark.
    He said it was at his son's ? birthday party. But .....

Wasn't his Chislehurst home burgled a few years back & him and his wife tied up or something ?

I had a feeling there was some drug activity found by the police, at the time.

I saw him smoking in Chislehurst pubs and of course drinking :-)
  • Options
    Wish him well.
  • Options
    Best of luck Mark
  • Options
    Best wishes on the road to recovery Mark.
  • Options
    Great memories of a great player for us. Get well soon Mark and take it easy.
  • Options
    Did he fall through a coffee table? Not sure how a toughed glass table could cause a puncture wound.