Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Francis Coquelin - pg11 - returned to Arsenal?***

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Wow. he's played first team football for them this season. Central midfielder but can play on the left as well.
  • 23 year old defensive midfielder.

He's been decent when ive seen him.
  • Not a forward :-(
  • Arsenal fans see him as a quality youngster, very good in possession but doesnt have much in terms of physical strength for the Prem.

I know he's not a forward but these are they type of players that are good to watch and have in the squad.
  • Really pleased with this signing in the sense i think he is a quality young player but seems a strange one, as do we really need another defensive minded midfielder.
  • Surprised by that one, probably not good enough for Arsenal but should be more than good enough for this level. Him next to Buyens should be pretty rock solid.
  • that creative mid we've been crying out for?
  • Good signing, and not to be too negative, but where is he going to fit? We have Jackson, Cousins, Buyens and potentially Moussa and JBG for central midfield. I wonder if Bob sees him as an answer to our left-sided problem.
  • Pleased with this, shame it's only a month though.
  • Sponsored links:

• On loan until 1st December, is there an injury in CM we are not aware of
  • Why is it only until 1 December?
  • can be extended by another 2 months i believe...
  • Strange one. Buyens 'going home'??
  • that creative mid we've been crying out for?

More Defensive but could he be the one to sit back and so allow Yoni Buyens a bit more freedom?
  • Ketts from Dr Kish put up a cryptic message on CAFCPicks last night. I assume this is what he meant.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201411&date=20141103&time=1406
  • Surprised and pleased by this, always thought he looked decent. Can fill in at either full back as well.
  • edited November 2014
    Travelled with the squad up to Leeds I see

On the OS it says he can play both Full Back positions as well
  • as he is a defensive midfielder not really the answer to our creative problems. althought it might allow Jackson and Buyens to get forward more.
  • Sponsored links:

• very good player
  • This has to improve the match day squad but I'd really like to see us get our mitts on a quality forward who can hold the ball.
  • dont know why we don't put cousins in the centre if we need some one to allow buyens and jacko to go forward...
  • Travelled with the squad up to Leeds I see

On the OS it says he can play both Full Back positions as well

Could possibly start @ Right-Back then?
  • Surprised by that one, probably not good enough for Arsenal but should be more than good enough for this level. Him next to Buyens should be pretty rock solid.

Good signing, and not to be too negative, but where is he going to fit? We have Jackson, Cousins, Buyens and potentially Moussa and JBG for central midfield. I wonder if Bob sees him as an answer to our left-sided problem.

I'd be pretty disappointed if he was played on the left, we have centre midfielders but they have hardly dominated games so we could always use improvement there. With Cousins on the left most of the time there is only really Jackson/Buyens who play the deeper central midfield roles which Peeters likes in the 451/4411. Jackson will still get game time I imagine but I think Coquelin/Buyens will be a much better partnership with more energy/safer in possession to allow Moussa/JBG/Cousins more freedom ahead of them.
  • Arsenal fans see him as a quality youngster, very good in possession but doesnt have much in terms of physical strength for the Prem.

I know he's not a forward but these are they type of players that are good to watch and have in the squad.

I think the same sort of thing was said about Frimpong and we know how that turned out!!
  • First thought is that this guy might well assist Buyens and the overall flow of the ball up front. Ever since League 1 days fans have observed we've not had the strongest midfield - on paper this might help close the gap. As posted before, November is full of games against sides just below us in the table. To be somewhere at halfway we need to step up - I really hope this guy assists.
  • iaitch said:

Arsenal fans see him as a quality youngster, very good in possession but doesnt have much in terms of physical strength for the Prem.

I think the same sort of thing was said about Frimpong and we know how that turned out!!
    Definitely better than that wage thief.

Good signing, and not to be too negative, but where is he going to fit? We have Jackson, Cousins, Buyens and potentially Moussa and JBG for central midfield. I wonder if Bob sees him as an answer to our left-sided problem.

I'd be pretty disappointed if he was played on the left, we have centre midfielders but they have hardly dominated games so we could always use improvement there. With Cousins on the left most of the time there is only really Jackson/Buyens who play the deeper central midfield roles which Peeters likes in the 451/4411. Jackson will still get game time I imagine but I think Coquelin/Buyens will be a much better partnership with more energy/safer in possession to allow Moussa/JBG/Cousins more freedom ahead of them.
    I just hope he doesn't hinder Cousins' development, who I'd like to see back in the middle.

Let's hope he's more Alex Song than Frimpong.
  • Everytime I've seen him play he's looked very assured. For a defensive player he is very cultured, and wouldn't be surprised if he helps a bit creatively.