Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

El Clasico

Here it comes again tomorrow: the greatest and most anticipated game in club football to some, the most over-the-top, hyped up piece of theatre to others.

Both teams bang on form mean it should be a corker, with the small (coincidental?) matter of Suarez' official debut a tasty add-on.

Thoughts and predictions?

Comments

• I thought it had 2 ss's?

Sorry i'm not taking the P.
  • edited October 2014
    Just the one 's', in Spanish at least.
  • Maidstone Vs Welling?
  • Can't stand either club, all that's wrong with football in a nutshell. ( That's all clubs that have "fans" who have no genuine connection whatsoever with them ). I shall be studiously avoiding it. Although not avoiding expressing an opinion, obviously... ;-)
  • -------Rakitic
    Messi - Neymar - Suarez

Rodriguez - Ronaldo - Bale
    -----------Reus

Puts the prem to shame!
  • Pretty mixed response then! Not a fan of either team myself, and some of the hyperbole is quite offputting, along with the antics of some of the players. Watching (in my opinion) two of the greatest players in our time go head to head usually makes for great entertainment though. Hoping tonight's one lives up to the hype.
  • Hala Madrid!

Went to Madrid for my 21st birthday and visited the Santiago Bernabeau, the history, the buzz you get walking into the stadium and the overall aura of the place was amazing, unfortunately Real were away to Lyon or Marseille in the champions league whilst we were out there so I didn't get a chance to go to a game but I will one day

A bit of justification, my great grandad was Spanish and a Madridista and there are family photos of him watching Real so at least I have a connection with the club!
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Hala Madrid!

Went to Madrid for my 21st birthday and visited the Santiago Bernabeau, the history, the buzz you get walking into the stadium and the overall aura of the place was amazing, unfortunately Real were away to Lyon or Marseille in the champions league whilst we were out there so I didn't get a chance to go to a game but I will one day

A bit of justification, my great grandad was Spanish and a Madridista and there are family photos of him watching Real so at least I have a connection with the club!

Here - have another straw...

;-)
  • Reading 'Fear and Loathing in La Liga' at the moment. Brilliant book and puts me in the mood for these games.
  • Fantastic book, as much about the political and social divide as the football. Sid Lowe is a great football writer: his weekly Guardian column is top quality.
  • We shall be supporting Barca only because my son played for them in Singapore, but I would still prefer to have Ronaldo playing for charlton over any other player
  • Honestly not read any of the pre match build up, why is this one being described as so much more important then the previous meetings?

I will probably watch it as the last game between the two i watched lived up to the hype.
  • Honestly not read any of the pre match build up, why is this one being described as so much more important then the previous meetings?

I will probably watch it as the last game between the two i watched lived up to the hype.

Suarez debut, both teams in form
  • Also, no interesting prem games today.
  • Since when did Reus play for Madrid?
  • Must be thinking of Kroos.
  • Suarez starting up front with Neymar and Messi.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2014
  • gotta be 4-3-1-2

Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta
    Messi
    Suarez and Neymar

Messi has been playing a deeper role this season to prepare for when Suarez returned
  • Is Figo playing?
  • Wait - Sky can't show the first 15 mins of the game, nightmare !
  • edited October 2014
    0-1 Neymar
  • Can't believe they've got a geezer in the studio watching it on a dodgy stream!
  • Absolute quality from Neymar.
  • Chris Coleman frightens me
  • That Barcelona defense will concede plenty.
  • Scott Minto: So how is the game going so far...
    Bloke with Laptop: I dunno, got a crap stream cos those pesky Charlton Lifers are taking up all the bandwidth, just put the live match on and stop pissing around with tv rights