Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

weather update for scunny

Anyone got any news on the this weather warning for the whole of the UK with that area being at risk of 60% chance of snow.

How adapt will they be for getting the game on. I am well lokking forward to this one

Comments

• they should sprinkle a bit of Charlton Life on the pitch because they is certainly a fair bit of hot air being generated this morning :-)
  • mainly by me bud sorry about that but hey ho off we go
  • Oh well atleast if the trains are delayed a snow ball fight is on.......it would appear not only are there going to be some old faces up there it will be like the good old days all round
  • Those that are driving shall we pick a services to meet up at faces to names and all that
  • "Those that are driving shall we pick a services to meet up at faces to names and all that"

Careful North Stand Steve is driving. You're better off just knowing his user name (although he's got a great face for radio!)
  • Was trying to convince Mrs Oz last night that we should sample the delights of Sunny Scunthorpe, But being an Aussie and just leaving 30C sunny hot days behind, I think she is feeling the cold somewhat....will work on her further...he he...fancy us against the Iron.
  • Oz you must be minted flying in from sunny oz to just watch us and then going to Bartrams and then trying to get a day out in scunny,

it was you who won the euro millions mate wernt it
  • Wishful thinking mate.....you can buy me a pint in Wetherspoons seeing as Youre offering....me and Mrs Oz have spent all our sheckles on flights :-(
  • 1st class i hope

get there before 3 and the beer is cheap so your on
  • Cattle Class mate...done the journey 28 times, so I think I deserve a pint...
  • Sponsored links:

• shit youve been to more home games than me then this season
  • It'll be just our luck it will be called off and rearranged for a poxy Tuesday night..
  • They are covering the pitch up there, so I'm not as worried as I was 20 minutes ago when I hadn't checked
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    3 degrees, beautiful sunshine according to the BBC at the moment
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    (and a guide to the ground)
    I'm liking the sound of the bacon butties for £1.50 :o)
  • I may well be driving up there now - just trying to work on the wife to get the time off from DIY

Did we agree on a service station?

Did we agree on a route?

Either way I am excited - COME ON YOU REDS
  • Nope

swisdom i am open to offers on the service station there must be more than us 2 driving up where are the coaches stopping does anyone know?

looks like M25,M1,M18,A18 according to aa route planner at 70 avge 3hrs 15mins

cant wait snowball fight at service station 3 points happy drive home
  • darren see what it says via a1 thats how i went up to hull?
  • Sponsored links:

• Steve

good call alot straighter journey xtra 40 mins due to the speed limit but better option.

Swisdom i reckon the way is the A1 check out both on aa route planner
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    (and a guide to the ground)
    I'm liking the sound of the bacon butties for £1.50 :o)

if only reidy knew
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Steve

good call alot straighter journey xtra 40 mins due to the speed limit but better option.

Swisdom i reckon the way is the A1 check out both on aa route planner
    Spoke to a mate (ST holder) who lives in York but comes down for matches. Apparently there's loads of roadworks on the A1 as they're trying to upgrade the road and remove all the roundabouts - they're all going to be replaced with flyovers. He says to use the M1.
  • lets hope it doesnt drop below -4 tonight then!
  • i hope they sell bovril
  • Looking at contingency plans should the game fall foul of the weather.

Mansfield V Brentford doesn't look too bad - never been to Field Mill.
  • as Tavern said earlier, it would be hilarious for 1000 charlton fans to turn up at another ground.

Singing Charlton songs as well...
  • Nowhere near Scunny - but down in deepest, darkest Cornwall, me luvverrrrrr! ,we're having a torrential hailstorm at the moment
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    Spoke to a mate (ST holder) who lives in York but comes down for matches. Apparently there's loads of roadworks on the A1 as they're trying to upgrade the road and remove all the roundabouts - they're all going to be replaced with flyovers. He says to use the M1.

I thought I was the only Charlton ST holder in Yorkshire.