Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Hughes

I just can't stand the bloke. Always the ref to blame for everything. Allardyce is the same, game would be better off without them both.

If I was in charge of MoTD I think I would have a running 'manager watch' to see who was the worst at blaming refs to see if you could shame them out of it.

Comments

• Quite like allardyce, cant stand hughes
  • These days I don't tend to bother with the interview afterwards - you know they are going to be full of clichés and bias.
  • I don't bother with the pre-match, half time or post match chat.
  • I don't bother with the football
  • How can anyone watch MOTD with palace doing so well , I'm not mature enough to handle it

Even with them doing well they are such a small club they are always last so I switch off before they come on each week, haven't seen them once.
  • Lee Clark & Barry Ferguson, neck & neck.
  • Hughes is a deluded, charmless, blinkered berk with zero redeeming qualities.
  • Dislioked Hughes as a player horrible cheating snarly twat, especially after he got Carl Tiler sent off and as a manager he and pardew are on par as overrated miserable gits.

Apart from that they are ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just can't stand the bloke. Always the ref to blame for everything. Allardyce is the same, game would be better off without them both.

If I was in charge of MoTD I think I would have a running 'manager watch' to see who was the worst at blaming refs to see if you could shame them out of it.

I thank you so much for this. You made my morning. I cannot stand the man either. He's a liar. A barefaced liar. He was a c*** as a player and he's an asshole as a manager who, in my humble opinion, offers little more tactical nous than any of us.

His comments about the penalties yesterday were classic Hughes. He could send Charlie Adam onto the pitch with a samurai sword to cut off the keeper's hands but he'd still
    claim it was the opposition's fault. He's got no class. He pretends he's got class cos he managed wales for a bit (the best welsh side in ages and still failed) and wore an expensive suit. But he ain't got none!

• JiMMy 85 said:

I just can't stand the bloke. Always the ref to blame for everything. Allardyce is the same, game would be better off without them both.

I thank you so much for this. You made my morning. I cannot stand the man either. He's a liar. A barefaced liar. He was a c*** as a player and he's an asshole as a manager who, in my humble opinion, offers little more tactical nous than any of us.

His comments about the penalties yesterday were classic Hughes. He could send Charlie Adam onto the pitch with a samurai sword to cut off the keeper's hands but he'd still
    claim it was the opposition's fault. He's got no class. He pretends he's got class cos he managed wales for a bit (the best welsh side in ages and still failed) and wore an expensive suit. But he ain't got none!

I agree, you always know what Hughes is going to say before he says it. His teams are never beaten by the opposition, it is always the referee's fault. I must admit although I don't particularly like Big Sam's style of football, I do quite like his plain speaking. He doesn't toady to people.

• Anyone see the Blackpool coach hitting one of his own players on Friday?
  • Anyone see the Blackpool coach hitting one of his own players on Friday?

Yes, obviously team spirit is good there :-)

• Hate Hughes. Both soft penalties but not a word about his one but their one was very soft. Both the same for me. Both soft but forward gets a touch and the defender clips them and not the ball. Classless, clueless tool. I can almost predict his post match views now he's so boring and predictable.
  • I just can't stand the bloke. Always the ref to blame for everything. Allardyce is the same, game would be better off without them both.

And Mourinho dont, what was it he said yesterday, Thanks Mike Riley for making the title race the way it is and Thanks Mike Dean for a unbelievable performance

And Mourinho dont, what was it he said yesterday, Thanks Mike Riley for making the title race the way it is and Thanks Mike Dean for a unbelievable performance
    Mourinho as well, biggest arse of the lot. Spain got it right by kicking him out. Chelsea and him deserve each other. In fact this season I reckon even a lot of the Chelsea fans have had enough of him.
  • Managers only see it one way.

I remember a game at the Valley against Big Sam's Bolton. Hreidarsson and Kevin Davies got sent off in separate incidents for use of the elbow.

Sam's verdict, Hreidarsson deserved to be sent off but Davies's was just an accident.
  • Watching MoTD tonight and Hughes is annoying me again.

Moses, what a cheat and fair play to Monk for calling him out for it, reckon Moses learnt that at Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mark Hughes is a horrible, nasty, shitty manager. He's also been useless everywhere he's been, but continues to get jobs. Baffling.
  • Managers are all the same, they see it the way they want to see it.

No doubt if the Moses penalty was against Stoke then Hughes would be saying the same thing as Monk.

• Useless tactics after going ahead, cannot hold a lead, inevitably blames the ref and says it wasn't a penalty.
  • Useless tactics after going ahead, cannot hold a lead, inevitably blames the ref and says it wasn't a penalty.

Was a blatant shove... Bloke should be more irritated by his teams lack of ability to kill a game off; Brighton couldnt get out of their half in the first half
  • There's a few of them about - Hughes and McClaren are definitely the worst two. There's some decent managers out there overlooked for these idiots.

I think Allardyce will end up at Southampton this season.
  • he's this decade's bryan robson, how he keeps on getting premier league jobs is mindblowing.

No comment!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

“I don’t do relegation,” Hughes said last December before being sacked by Stoke. “There are a lot of managers who have a badge of honour that they’ve never been relegated.

“I’ve never been relegated because I’m too busy trying to get in top 10s. I’ve never been near it so I’m not going to start now, am I?”

Hmmm. Well, Mark did survive with QPR in 2012 because Bolton failed to beat Stoke on the last day of the season. He then started the next season with no wins in 12 before being sacked, the club was relegated at the end of the season. Same thing happened at Stoke - 5 wins in 22 games and a cup defeat to Coventry saw him get the boot again, and again the club he left got relegated.

He doesn't do relegation cos he gets sacked for incompetency before the clubs get relegated!

He will argue he kept Southampton up and that relegated Stoke!
  • Mark Hughes's record against the top six since 2015:

PLAYED: 37
    WON: 4
    DRAWN: 8
    LOST: 25
    SCORED: 31
    CONCEDED: 99

Three of those wins came in 2015!