Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

European Breaks

I presume a few on here have done some breaks away from the Smoke now and again, and was hoping for inspiration...

Me and other half. End of March, 2 nights, not too far away.

I've never been away for weekend with her, just summer holidays.

Trying to get an idea on inclusive totals (travel/hotel/spending money)..any suggestions??

Comments

• Take a look at Valencia....Easyjet and Ryanair go there recently got a flight for £19.00. Valencia is full of surprises and secrets, old and new..weather is good. Not a rip off city and still untainted by hordes of tourists as is Barcelona.....Recommend secret hotel on Last Minute.com
  • edited October 2014
  • edited October 2014
    Also @east terrace peanuts‌ how much would you say is safe to take?? As a rule of thumb??
  • Agree, Valencia is great. Sevilla is lovely as well. Plus Madrid of course, as I am bound to say. All have beautiful weather, lots of sights and things to do, and are pretty cheap if you stay out of the tourist trap areas.
  • @CharltonMadrid‌ Tourist Trap? Sorry for being thick!!
  • As in overpriced places ripping off tourists when there are just as good places to go just around the corner but less obviously visible.
  • Loads of options. Krakow is good but possibly need more than 2 days. Any of the major german cities are worth a visit and fairly cheap flights available. Closerto home, le touquet Iis nice and less than an hours drive from Calais.
  • Just about to do a six day break in Madrid. Never been but have heard good things.

Any must do's you would recommend? Also is there a best area to eat?
  • Rome is worth a visit, or Barcelona plenty to do during the day, and great bars and restaurants. Consider Lisbon as well
  • Lisbon is a good shout. Brugge is also a fantastic city if you'd like to go and get in touch with your new Belgian brethren. Believe you can get there on the Eurostar now too? A little further afield but have heard a lot of good things about Dubrovnik, although I haven't been myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've just returned (about 3 hours ago) from 2.5 days binge drinking in Bratislava. Many on here didn't like the place but my group had a great time. Nice little old town, loads of cracking bars and very friendly locals.

Not really a couples town. Done loads of 2-3 day trips with the wife. Hi-lights:

Dubrovnik
    Tallin
    Riga
    Stockholm
    Prague
    Helsinki
    Oslo
    Bruges

On my list to do:

Belgrade
    Lljublana
    Valletta
    Split
  • @IAgree - you'll have a great time. Will send you a message with my recommendations when I have a bit more time tomorrow. If you are here for a few days you should consider a day trip to either Toledo or Segovia. Both are stunning and only about an hour away.
  • Recommend with the mrs (in no particular order):

Dubrovnik
    Barcelona
    Bruges
    Amsterdam
    Krakow
    Copenhagen
    Venice
  • Early spring sunshine head to Palma, Majorca (wonderful city) or Seville. Barcelona, of course, is excellent as well, much prefer it to Madrid.

Other options: Berlin, Hamburg (get a nice hotel on the Reeperbahn!), Munich, Amsterdam.
  • @IAgree - you'll have a great time. Will send you a message with my recommendations when I have a bit more time tomorrow. If you are here for a few days you should consider a day trip to either Toledo or Segovia. Both are stunning and only about an hour away.

Thank you - Greatly appreciated!
  • edited October 2014
    <
  • Lake Garda is a must!...the place is stunning and not as expensive as I thought, cheaper or the same as here. We flew into Verona and stayed in Garda town which is about a 20 minute transfer.
  • Im in Budapest at this very minute and its a beautiful place. Weather is good and the thermal spa your wife would love.
  • Thanks all, I think I'm going to look at Valencia, Seville & Bruges!!
  • _nam11 said:

Thanks all, I think I'm going to look at Valencia, Seville & Bruges!!

You'll never do all 3 in a couple of days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seville is good in spring or autumn, it is very, very hot in summer.