Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sons of Anarchy

Did a search to see if this had its own thread. Didn't see one but saw it got mentioned a couple of times under 'new tv show' and 'breaking bad, what next'

Just finished season 6. What a great show. Strong characters and very intense watching. I think season 7 is the last one though. What are people's thoughts?

Comments

• I watched the first 2 seasons, but got distracted onto something else. Thought it was okay and will get back to it at some point.............probably.
  • quality show, am up to episode 6 season 7. Is defo the final series, Sutter may be doing a prequel about Jax's dad after this
  • Liked the first series then thought the 3rd was very poor/ unwatchable and sacked it.
  • Is it just me or do others think that every time chibs opens his mouth prior to the club going on a bit of a mission or dealing with business, it sounds like you could be listening to any generic Scottish guy playing Sunday league football. His phrases such "alright lads" and "come on boys" just remind me of trying to gee up a football team as if they've just gone a goal down. Or when he has a one to one chat with Jax and says "alright jackie boy", I can't help think of Paul Lambert addressing a sub prior to coming on
  • just watched seasons 1~5 in the last month or so

1 and 2 were excellent

3 in northern ireland was poor in comparison

gets better again in 5

6 has made a good start

great show overall
  • just watched seasons 1~5 in the last month or so

1 and 2 were excellent

3 in northern ireland was poor in comparison

gets better again in 5

6 has made a good start

great show overall

6 will deliver pal, enjoy
  • I absolutely love it. Fantastic series.
  • Liked the first series then thought the 3rd was very poor/ unwatchable and sacked it.

Agree
  • Love this series. It lost it's way a bit with the season about the Irish but season six was fantastic.
  • Agree with that. The 'Irish' season was pretty poor but other than that I've really enjoyed it and looking forward to the grand finale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Half decent. The Irish season was bizarre. Hollywood thesps doing dodgy Irish accents and Scots being passed off as Paddys.

• Took me weeks to realise why I thought I must have seen Gemma in something else. Turns out I hadn't seen her but had heard her - as the voice of Leela in Futurama.
  • Rizzo said:

Took me weeks to realise why I thought I must have seen Gemma in something else. Turns out I hadn't seen her but had heard her - as the voice of Leela in Futurama.

And the mum in married with children.
  • I watched the first 2 seasons, but got distracted onto something else. Thought it was okay and will get back to it at some point.............probably.

Definitely give it another go. I was similar, thought it was ok then stopped during the very poor third season. Honestly stick with it as it gets very very good after.
  • I've been watching series 7 through zate.tv so I am now bang up to date. I'm interested to see how they finish it, something big is brewing now I think
  • I like it a lot.

Just hope it doesn't lose itself.
  • Been saving up this season to watch in one go.
  • colthe3rd said:

Been saving up this season to watch in one go.

It'll be a great way to finish it. My mate was putting it off because he thought they might split the last season into 2 episodes of 6 or something.
  • Whilst I'm enjoying the final series I've lost all sympathy for the main characters and I'm not sure that this is a good thing. If SAMCRO were all brutally gunned down by any of the many, many factions that they've shat on and betrayed I wouldn't be at all upset. Will be interesting to see how the finale deals with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm up to date and have no idea how it's going to end but i do hope it doesn't end well for Gemma .
  • I'm up to date and have no idea how it's going to end but i do hope it doesn't end well for Gemma .

She's done two things now that Jax must find out about. The first being her role in John Teller's death, and of course the 2nd being the incident at the end of the 6th season (writing vaguely as I don't want to ruin it for those that may not be up to speed).

I would like to see the Sons get what Jax wants for the vision of the club, but they are really under pressure
  • Just finished it all. Sad to see another great show finish :(
  • Anyone know when the final series or two heads to Netflix?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Anyone know when the final series or two heads to Netflix?

I don't mate but I couldn't wait that long. If you aren't adverse to watching on a laptop I finished it on zate.tv
  • edited July 2015
    cabbles said:

Did a search to see if this had its own thread. Didn't see one but saw it got mentioned a couple of times under 'new tv show' and 'breaking bad, what next'

Just finished season 6. What a great show. Strong characters and very intense watching. I think season 7 is the last one though. What are people's thoughts?

Dazzler21 said:

Anyone know when the final series or two heads to Netflix?

Hi Dazzler,

It (season 7) is now on Netflix.
  • Any word on the prequel they were going to make ?
  • Halfway through Season 4 and thoroughly enjoying this show.

Season 3 in Belfast etc was a bit weird, but it's back on track now.......not looking forward to it finishing!

Would never describe myself as a rock or metal fan, but the title music and soundtrack are really good. Find myself singing "This Life" much to my wife's amusement!

Great show and actually prefer it over The Sopranos.
  • Halfway through Season 4 and thoroughly enjoying this show.

Season 3 in Belfast etc was a bit weird, but it's back on track now.......not looking forward to it finishing!

Would never describe myself as a rock or metal fan, but the title music and soundtrack are really good. Find myself singing "This Life" much to my wife's amusement!

Great show and actually prefer it over The Sopranos.

re the soundtrack, i love country/folk/rock/metal. The Lions cover of girl from the north country is excellent. The version of animals house of the rising son is good, with the lyrics changed to fit the show. When I first heard it I thought it was Ron Perlman singing it.

Gemma (can't remember her real name) also does a lot of numbers across the 3 soundtracks

the show only gets better - enjoy