Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Potential issue over Igor's eligibility to play for Angola

Comments

• Great news if refused as this means Angola disqualified and Igor available throughout for us!
  • Let the man play damn it.
  • The new Tony Cascarino
  • I wondered why He never played the 2nd game, if he cant play for Angola will he be allowed to play for Belgium, if So I actually think that's a better option for him, and I think he will make the Belgium squad very soon
  • I don't think he's first choice for Angola anyway
  • J BLOCK said:

I wondered why He never played the 2nd game, if he cant play for Angola will he be allowed to play for Belgium, if So I actually think that's a better option for him, and I think he will make the Belgium squad very soon

He won't
    I am sorry did not realize you had a crystal ball please tell me do Charlton get Promoted this season, do Palace and Millwall get relegated oh and what are the lottery numbers for Saturday
  • Angola won't qualify anyway.

• J BLOCK said:

I wondered why He never played the 2nd game, if he cant play for Angola will he be allowed to play for Belgium, if So I actually think that's a better option for him, and I think he will make the Belgium squad very soon

He won't
    Agree.

If he thought he had a chance to play for the full Belguim side I doubt he'd have opted to play for Angola in the first place.

Is he going to get in ahead of:

Eden Hazard Chelsea
    Romelu Lukaku Everton
    Dries Mertens Napoli
    Divock Origi Lille
    Adnan Januzaj Manchester United

• Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

He won't
    Agree.

If he thought he had a chance to play for the full Belguim side I doubt he'd have opted to play for Angola in the first place.

Eden Hazard Chelsea
    Romelu Lukaku Everton
    Dries Mertens Napoli
    Divock Origi Lille

I notice you left he one striker out of that list he would potentially go ahead of from their latest squad, plus he is a few years younger than Mertens and his stock is rapidly gaining, if he is playing top flight football I can see him being called up IMO

• Who is the other one Paulie?
  • shirty5 said:

J BLOCK said:

He won't
    I am sorry did not realize you had a crystal ball please tell me do Charlton get Promoted this season, do Palace and Millwall get relegated oh and what are the lottery numbers for Saturday
    No need for that I said I think, and J Block, makes it seem like he 100% knows he will never play for Belgium, which I am sure people was saying about Delph and England when he was at Leeds in league 1, as I said play in the top flight and who knows what might happen
  • This has me in two minds. Obviously I want Igor fully fit and raring to go for us, but I enjoy seeing our players on the international stage, particularly in big tournaments (although it looks like Angola probably won't make the ACN anyway).

The English in the article isn't brilliant but I get the impression that the issue is to do with Igor playing for Belgiums youth teams and then switching to Angola at senior level. If so, this is fairly common and I don't foresee it stopping him playing for Angola longer term.

Can I also say I agree with Paulie that it's plausible that one day Igor could have received a Belgium call up, but I think he'll be back playing for Angola soon so it's probably a moot point.
  • J BLOCK said:

He won't
    Agree.

Eden Hazard Chelsea
    Romelu Lukaku Everton
    Dries Mertens Napoli
    Divock Origi Lille

Add in Benteke.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

He won't
    Charlton won't get promoted, palace won't get relegated and neither will Millwall. You will also continue to post numerous boring posts.

Boring posts says the person with 384 Likes
    compared to my 1,177
    I do have a job though, so you know, swings and roundabouts.
    So do I mate
  • edited October 2014
    At the end of the day its a forum I clearly stated I think
    and there was not need for J Block to shoot it down

if the response from J Block was I don't think he will then fair enough,

then I made a joke about looking into a crystal ball and he turns it personal no f*****g need for that s**t
  • Look on the bright side he won't get Ebola, thus infecting the rest of his charlton teammates causing us to lose our unbeaten run.
  • edited October 2014

Look on the bright side he won't get Ebola, thus infecting the rest of his charlton teammates causing us to lose our unbeaten run.

Very strange post. Not sure if it's an attempt to humour or what.....
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

He won't
    Charlton won't get promoted, palace won't get relegated and neither will Millwall. You will also continue to post numerous boring posts.

Boring posts says the person with 384 Likes
    compared to my 1,177
    Sorry Paulie but in no way does using your 'like' count make you a winner of the argument.....the opposite moreso.

Back to the point, couldn't see Igor getting Belgium playing time at international level. Too much class at larger clubs infront of him and no doubt more hidden young talent in their youth teams.

Would like him to do well for Angola if it didn't mean I was worried he would get injured.
  • J BLOCK said:

He won't
    Agree.

Eden Hazard Chelsea
    Romelu Lukaku Everton
    Dries Mertens Napoli
    Divock Origi Lille

Add in Benteke.