Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Wellbeck

He's going to be SOME player ....

Comments

• Spooky.....

Was just about to start the very same thread.

He only seems to be involved in the cup games, if they go out could we get him in on loan....?

Perhaps not.
  • Looks a terrific player
  • do ya reckon utd would do a swap deal for welbeck with zheng.haha..we can sling in weaver aswell
  • He's no Deon Burton tbf
  • If Utd signed ZiZi can you imagine the number of shirts they could sell in China. Would pay for him 10 times over.
  • we could include part of that in the deal like say we get a percentage of the shirts they sell..we would make a lot of dough
  • That kid at left back was pretty good too, Fabio was it? Capello or Pearce will need to get Wellbeck in an England squad sharpish if he's also eligible for Ghana.
  • I thought Tosic looked tasty as well when he came on- played some very simple but effective balls and defended well when he needed to.
  • Why worry.....We have Youga !
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]That kid at left back was pretty good too, Fabio was it? Capello or Pearce will need to get Wellbeck in an England squad sharpish if he's also eligible for Ghana.

Fabio is Rafael's twin brother. He was making his debut and is rumoured to be as least as good as his brother but hadn't been seen in the United first team previously due to injury and the fact that they have in Evra the best left back in the country. Given that they are 18 and Jonny Evans has just had his 21st birthday United have the majority of their back four sorted for a good few years to come.
  • Galatasary were not the most challenging of opponents but he was terrific tonight. The way he took his three goals tonight was Henry-esque, all pace and power but also very clever movement with quality finishes on the end of the runs. If he keeps this up Sturridge may well find himself on the bench for England. Starting to fulfill some of his early potential perhaps.
  • Sold by Utd to allow for hired help Falcao to play for a season.

Bad decision by Van Gaal and one that I think he may regret.
  • He's looking very good, certainly looks like he's relishing being the focal point of an attack rather than playing out wide and second fiddle to Rooney and van Persie.
  • edited October 2014
    Stand by my word, class player and was hands down our best player at the world cup alongside Sterling. Was very frustrating hearing/reading Arsenal fans saying they didn't want him when I'd love a player of Welbecks quality and personality at our club. I think he could walk into most clubs tbh.

I don't think Sturridge will lose his place but it really makes you wonder why we're gonna bother with Rooney still. He's never going to get better, way past it and he'll be in his thirties next world cup. Making him Captain was a terrible decision. I will admit he is probably our best footballer in terms of passing and reading the game etc, but he is far too inconsistent and immature to captain a country. I think Hart would have been the best choice seeing as there's no obvious candidate and he shows the most promising signs of a real leader.

Would love to see Welbeck and Sturridge up front with 3 behind them and Henderson playing the holding role. Sterling and Walcott (when he's back) out wide with Wilshere playing in the hole. Could be a devastating team. Unfortunately Roy doesn't have the balls for something like that.
  • If Cole, Rio and Terry were all 5 years younger and a bit less racist (allegedly) we might get away with a formation like that but the current England defence would get ripped apart with so little protection from midfield.

We have to hope the likes of Stones and Chambers develop fast and significantly because with players like Walcott, Wellbeck, Sturridge, Sterling and the ox we certainly have some fast and exciting forwards. Wilshire could be the key man in amongst it all though. he's flattered to deceive a bit so far and there are questions about his attitude, but with so much pace in the team he could be the best hope of someone who will be able to supply the through balls those forwards would thrvoe on.
  • You wont hear me very often saying anything complimentary about that club for obvious reasons but I'm pleased for Wellbeck tonight.

He's had a lot of undue stick from both Man Utd and Ars*nal fans but tonight he showed them all what he's capable of! Play him down the middle and he's got all the attributes to be an excellent centre-forward. Would have loved to have seen him at Spurs.
  • Was at the Arsenal game tonight (free ticket) and Wellbeck was utterly fantastic - not just the goals but his off the ball play was brilliant too. Seems to have gained a lot of confidence since joining Arsenal and it really shows, can only be a good thing for England.
  • Would be a turn up for the books if Arsenal led an England revival.

Gibbs, Chambers, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Walcott and Welbeck are all decent young players.
  • Since the Switzerland game, he's completely smashed it and is not looking back. Feel like the whole country pretty much has been behind him since then and willing him to do well. Nobody has had a bad word to say against him these last few months. Hope he carries it on, top player and still just 23.
  • Sponsored links:

• always fought his corner I believe wellbeck if played correctly is a great talent only the anti utd bias was the main reason for his critics,

• Very likeable lad who works hard for the team. As NLA says, perhaps the fact he was at Utd clouded some peoples judgement, although being played out of position or in front of a pedestrian midfield didn't exactly help. Reckon even I might have the odd good game up front with players like Ozul, Chamberlain and Sanchez feeding me the ball.
  • Still not for me. Let's see how he does against a proper defence on Sunday.
  • thought he played very well last night and took all 3 goals with style. Glad for the lad, perhaps now he is free of Utd playing him out of position he will mature and do well for England.
  • It's unfortunate for him that he's got a lot of haters, but to his absolute credit, in the face of that pressure he never hides or lacks the confidence to try things.

Wellbeck is top quality. And if there's one manager who is a proven judge of talent above any other, it's Wenger.
  • Apparently his dad Stan was in Bomb disposal

got to be the oldest footballing joke around lol :-)
  • se9addick said:

Was at the Arsenal game tonight (free ticket) and Wellbeck was utterly fantastic - not just the goals but his off the ball play was brilliant too. Seems to have gained a lot of confidence since joining Arsenal and it really shows, can only be a good thing for England.

This has always impressed me with Wellbeck. He's a much better than he gets credit for. As someone said earlier, if only Woy woad have enough to drop Rooney.
  • Apparently his dad Stan was in Bomb disposal

No the oldest footballing joke is a bloke rings Charlton and asks 'when is the kick off' and the person replies 'when can you get here'.
  • iaitch said:

Apparently his dad Stan was in Bomb disposal

No the oldest footballing joke is a bloke rings Charlton and asks 'when is the kick off' and the person replies 'when can you get here'.
    Or they announce the crowd changes instead of the team changes