Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Been there, done that ;-)

They should count their blessings, he hasn't failed to get them promoted despite having a decent budget, built a squad with only two paceless centre backs in or signed Izale MacLeod for over a million...
  • Much though I loathe him, I'm not sure what they can realistically expect when every time he appears to be putting together a half decent team he has to start all over again. Still, I'll enjoy any embarrassment it all brings him, thoroughly deserved, even if some of the facts are quite selective. Nice to see them picking up on his defensive shortcomings too, and particularly the constant stream of cow dung when explaining away more defeats.
  • I can't believe he's lasted so long up there. Furthermore, I can't believe that he actually appears to have done a satisfactory job up there over a reasonably sustained period, certainly no worse than any of the other post-Bobby Robson incumbents (with the possible exception of Chris Hughton who didn't get a proper chance to prove himself in the Premier League).

On the man hand, it's nice to see that the Toon fans recognise that he's an arrogant knobhead who frequently talks an awful lot of b*llocks, on the other hand, as Paddy7 says, I'm not sure if they're entitled to expect anymore in terms of on pitch success. The top 7 is a closed shop, unless you're will and able to spend a lot more than they are.

Don't like Newcastle, who seem to be a Spurs of the North with a sense of entitlement based entirely on having decent support and having won some cups a very, very long time ago. Don't like Pardew either. Hopefully he'll stay there a bit longer, getting booed week after week and steering them into the relegation zone.
  • MrLargo said:

I can't believe he's lasted so long up there. Furthermore, I can't believe that he actually appears to have done a satisfactory job up there over a reasonably sustained period, certainly no worse than any of the other post-Bobby Robson incumbents (with the possible exception of Chris Hughton who didn't get a proper chance to prove himself in the Premier League).

On the man hand, it's nice to see that the Toon fans recognise that he's an arrogant knobhead who frequently talks an awful lot of b*llocks, on the other hand, as Paddy7 says, I'm not sure if they're entitled to expect anymore in terms of on pitch success. The top 7 is a closed shop, unless you're will and able to spend a lot more than they are.

Don't like Newcastle, who seem to be a Spurs of the North with a sense of entitlement based entirely on having decent support and having won some cups a very, very long time ago. Don't like Pardew either. Hopefully he'll stay there a bit longer, getting booed week after week and steering them into the relegation zone.

Definitely agree with this. Using the Bobby Robson quotes on the website made me laugh a bit, as those great fans turned on him in quite a vicious and vitriolic fashion
  • How much of his 25 year contract does he have left?
  • Talal said:

How much of his 25 year contract alleged gambling debt to Llambas and Ashley does he have left?

• According to that site, last season Newcastle lost four games 4-0, that's quite shocking to be slaughtered four times in a season.
  • edited September 2014
    Talal said:

How much of his 25 year contract does he have left?

Think he still has 6 year left of his mega 8 year deal. But a comment Richard Murray made when heand Big Bob were in that press conference earlier was this summer... "David Moyes still had over 5 years left at Man United and United only paid off for one year and he reckons if Pardew gets sacked he will only get a years payment as well".

Hopefully that is the case if he does not achieve what is required at Newcastle.
  • Talal said:

How much of his 25 year contract does he have left?

Think he still has 6 year left of his mega 8 year deal. But a comment Richard Murray made when heand Big Bob were in that press conference earlier was this summer... "David Moyes still had over 5 years left at Man United and United only paid off for one year and he reckons if Pardew gets sacked he will only get a years payment as well".

Hopefully that is the case if he does not achieve what is required at Newcastle.
    Yes, doesn't he have a rolling contract ? Don't know the detail, but I think like you say, when he gets the chop, he'll only get something like one year's money.
  • Very poor taste to post this. Everyone deserves to make a living, in this day and age its hard enough to keep in work, weather it be in every day life or in the public eye. Hope you never have anyone wishing ill of you henry. Im sure you would take it really well
  • Sponsored links:

• Ha, you've got some neck on you!
  • Ha, you've got some neck on you!

Explain
  • edited September 2014
    That you are using this thread purely as a completely unnecessary dig at Henry Irving when you and I both know the history behind why HI should be pissed off with you, and in reality you shouldn't even still be posting on here.
  • Really. I lose my job a few days after winning an auction on here, so am unable to pay for it. Big deal. Thats what you want everyone to know afka. Be man enough to say it for christ sake. Sick of you keep going on about one mistake in the past. Such a bloody coward man up from behind that keyboard.
  • Think AFKA made a fair point there mate, say sorry and we can all move on
  • edited September 2014
    It's not what I want everyone to know otherwise I would have said in one of my first two posts or before now, wouldn't i ? And it wasn't one mistake it was three.

1. You did that stupid offering 1000-1 odds thread where you seemed to take on a 40k liability and didn't reply to people's posts and PMs

2. You pledged in the short sponsorship in 2013/14 and despite chasing, never paid up, the only person not to, and someone else had to step in and cover your pledge

3. You consistently bid in our fundraising and charity auctions, and when you won you failed to turn up where you arranged to collect, whilst giving HI the run around for over three weeks fobbing him off with excuses not to pay. In the end it had to be offered to the person with the second bid at a lower level.

We are not talking big figures here, 10 and 30 quid, it's the principle. People like Curb it and Henry puta huge amount of time and effort into these sort of things and the vast majority of it is chasing people they shouldn't be chasing. When those people still continue to welch, which you have now done on more than one occasion, it is hugely frustrating.

That is probably why HI has the hump with you, and why I think you had a cheek creating a dig at him out of nothing on this thread, and why it's so frustrating having to waste time with threads like this.
  • Point 1 you make is pointless as all money staked and lost went to the charlton upbeats. So the charity won. Therefore no case to answer.

Point 2 is valid and as i said before was a genuine mistake.

Point 3 i have already given you a genuine explanation for, but as per usual the mighty afka must always be right and obeyed. God help you if you ever fell on hard times, people like you make me sick pre judgeing people you dont even know or that FACT not even met.
  • edited September 2014
    Why in the weeks that followed did you on numerous times enquire about payment details, keep failing to pay without reason, make arrangements for collection if you had already lost your job ? The inbox thread between me, you, HI and NLA is still there where you can check back the posts.

I'm not pre judging you at all. Just pointing out why people would be peed off with you. You bring hard times into it yet at the same time with when you say you can't pay for things you bid and pledge you are still paying and registering for online poker
  • Soooooooooooooooooooooooo that site made me laugh ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh do move on dear Henry, haven't you got better things to do like raising further thousands of pounds for the museum ;-)