Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ghostly Encounters

Comments

• Options
    Can't beat a ghost poo
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Does anyone have any interesting encounters with Ouija boards?

I don't believe in ghosts/Spirits so I am confused as to how there are so many stories about them.

I deffinatly wouldn't use one because there are warnings. Would probably have to see it to believe it.

It is a board game nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options

Spent a couple of nights in a hostel in Florence last week, first night was fine, all slept soundly. Second night, 2 of my mates got lucky and went back to a girl's place, one of those mates had the key for our room which was locked. So me and my mate who unfortunatley hadn't got as lucky were forced to try and sleep in the hallway of the hostel. I couldn't get to sleep, despite being knackered and pissed and every 10 minutes or so I could hear running up the staircase outside the hostel. Quite like Dippenhall, it wasn't freaky sounding, just sounded like some one running up and down the stairs. This was at about 4am, the streets were dead and there was no way there was some one was up and alert running around like that all night, why would they? Pretty much the only ghostly experience I've ever had, but it wasn't terrifying, but in a weird way reassuring, if that makes sense? Like it did just sound like normal running about up and down the stairs as if some one was very busy.

My Dad has told me that exact same story. I wonder if you two used to be mates or something? Name's Frank.
  • Options
    Vinnie V. said:

Dave2l said:

Does anyone have any interesting encounters with Ouija boards?

I don't believe in ghosts/Spirits so I am confused as to how there are so many stories about them.

I deffinatly wouldn't use one because there are warnings. Would probably have to see it to believe it.

It is a board game nothing more, nothing less.

This! And I kept being sent to jail!
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Spent a couple of nights in a hostel in Florence last week, first night was fine, all slept soundly. Second night, 2 of my mates got lucky and went back to a girl's place, one of those mates had the key for our room which was locked. So me and my mate who unfortunatley hadn't got as lucky were forced to try and sleep in the hallway of the hostel. I couldn't get to sleep, despite being knackered and pissed and every 10 minutes or so I could hear running up the staircase outside the hostel. Quite like Dippenhall, it wasn't freaky sounding, just sounded like some one running up and down the stairs. This was at about 4am, the streets were dead and there was no way there was some one was up and alert running around like that all night, why would they? Pretty much the only ghostly experience I've ever had, but it wasn't terrifying, but in a weird way reassuring, if that makes sense? Like it did just sound like normal running about up and down the stairs as if some one was very busy.

My Dad has told me that exact same story. I wonder if you two used to be mates or something? Name's Frank.
    Ha nah mate, this was only a couple of months ago. Adding on to this story, beforehand when we were trying to get back in to the hostel outside, we heard some one going down the stairs. We knocked on the door and the footsteps slowly walked up to the door very timidly. The guy who lived in and looked after the hostel was in crutches and a neck brace and being about 6 ft 4 was quite a freaky looking guy. We thought it was him as we could hear breathing like some one was frightened and looking out the peep hole to see who it was. We apologised through the door but explained our situation. Nothing happened for a couple of minutes and the breathing stopped. We didn't hear anyone walk away and then we heard footsteps again but a lot quicker and the doors opened and two girls came walking out like they had come down the stairs. There was no way from the way they were walking that one of them had been standing outside the other side of the door for a while. The breathing was freaky and slightly scary but me and my mate was too tired to care at the time. Looking back on it, it was quite ghostly
  • Options
    The only ghosts I have ever seen are Palaces super ultra hooligans!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Something very strange happend to me the other night.

I was on the laptop and above where I was sitting we have cabinet with some books, photographs etc. I went out the room to make a tea and heard an almighty crash. Walked back in to see one of the photo frames on the floor. As it fell off the shelf it hit my laptop causing the loud noise. The photo was off my great great nan, my great nan and my nan.
    Bit spooky I thought, maybe she's trying to tell me something. I put it back on the shelf and went back to make my cuppa when I stood on something hard on the floor. It was a key from my laptop that had broken off from the photo falling onto it. Not just any key though... it was the 'End' key. Slightly freaked me out.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Has anyone got a decent account of a ghost sighting themselves I was sure there was a thread but couldn't find it...

I have seen a ghost twice, same person both times
    But I am someone who also believes in EVP, which I have found out not many people do
    EVP?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Has anyone got a decent account of a ghost sighting themselves I was sure there was a thread but couldn't find it...

But I am someone who also believes in EVP, which I have found out not many people do
    EVP?
    Electronic Voice Phenomena

Its basically recordings, off ghosts actually speaking, its mainly found on static, its what the film White Noise is based on
  • Options
    Dont believe in them , however, did have one 'experience' that still gives me shivers to this day...

Some years ago, my wife and i were travelling in British Columbia near Victoria, and went to visit some friends of my wife who used to go to school there.
    We were living in a rented RV, that we parked in their huge driveway in a big country house out in the sticks.
    We all had a good night,dinner,drinks etc, and went back to the RV circa midnight, fell asleep only to be woken up at 3am by the Carbon Monoxide Alarm going off. - checked everything, no fumes, no fires, no nothing - so reset the alarm and went back to sleep.
    In the morning we casually mentioned to our friends about the alarm going off, only for my wifes friend to instantly ask 'what time was it'? - '3am' we said, 'Why?' - for her to respond that her parents had died in a house fire on exactly the same spot we had parked .... at 3am some years earlier.
    The alarm had never gone off before, and didnt go off again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow... Reading the above posts in the night before going to sleep is really a bad idea. Wish I'd stayed away from this thread...
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

EVP?
    Electronic Voice Phenomena

Its basically recordings, off ghosts actually speaking, its mainly found on static, its what the film White Noise is based on
    That's one for cian o'Keefe ex of most haunted he loves EVP experiments
  • Options
    About 30 years ago I was driving home in the early hours of the morning. My wife was asleep beside me and the kids were asleep in the back of the car, as I turned off the A21 and took the B245 road to Tonbridge where we then lived. Not long after joining the B245 and doing about 50mph, the road unlit and deserted, a man ran across in front off me, so close that I could see him in detail. He looked in his 50's and was wearing a cap, a baggy jacket and trousers and every thing about him was grey in colour. He was so close that I must have run him over but there was no collision. I was staring ahead in disbelief when my wife stirred in her seat; I said "Did you see that?", not mentioning any details. She said "What, the man?" and told me she had opened her eyes just before the man appeared. After, I did some local research and found out that the point where the man appeared, Watts Cross, was once home to a flour mill. Was this why he was coloured all grey?. Ever since then both my wife and I have kept an open mind on whether ghosts exist, but we have had no other paranormal experiences since.
  • Options
    After living in this country for the last 30 years, this evening in Chislehurst my wife suffered her first racist abuse (called a fucking paki c*nt).
    She tells me the strange thing was when she turned away my dad was there and he said to ignore the bloke and take no notice.

My dad died a year ago.
  • Options
    Wow firstly I am disappointed that someone feels it is OK to say that to your wife, the coward saying it to a woman

But how can there be a logical answer for the second part

It's like a ying and yang moment
  • Options

After living in this country for the last 30 years, this evening in Chislehurst my wife suffered her first racist abuse (called a fucking paki c*nt).
    She tells me the strange thing was when she turned away my dad was there and he said to ignore the bloke and take no notice.

My dad died a year ago.

That's terrible, I hope your wife is ok. Like NLA says even worse (if it can be worse) that it's a man saying it to a woman, what a coward.

Were your wife and Dad close ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

My dad died a year ago.

That's terrible, I hope your wife is ok. Like NLA says even worse (if it can be worse) that it's a man saying it to a woman, what a coward.

Were your wife and Dad close ?
    yes they were, my wife has no family in this country and my dad was very protective towards her.
  • Options

Wow firstly I am disappointed that someone feels it is OK to say that to your wife, the coward saying it to a woman

But how can there be a logical answer for the second part

It's like a ying and yang moment

That's what my Mrs said, when my dad spoke to her she felt very calm.
  • Options
    Many other countries believe in ghosts --spirits etc ---saying there is no such thing to them is like saying there is no night and day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Many other countries believe in ghosts --spirits etc ---saying there is no such thing to them is like saying there is no night and day.

there's perfectly reasonable explanations for all of these happenings but the one thing that cannot be faked is how it makes you feel when it happens. So if you think you've seen a dead loved one it can give great comfort which is why i feel uncomfortable when people debunk people's ghost stories sometimes.
  • Options
    I teach RE at a state secondary. Last week I was teaching a GCSE group a topic focusing on the paranormal and whether or not it leads people to believe in life after death. Spookily, as I was driving into work listening to Radio 5 a report came on about how scientists had definitively proven that ghosts do not exist. This news was also on the BBC website when I got into work. I slightly amended my lesson plans and it made for some really good debate.
    Anyway, now everyone can get over ghosts and carry on!
  • Options

I teach RE at a state secondary. Last week I was teaching a GCSE group a topic focusing on the paranormal and whether or not it leads people to believe in life after death. Spookily, as I was driving into work listening to Radio 5 a report came on about how scientists had definitively proven that ghosts do not exist. This news was also on the BBC website when I got into work. I slightly amended my lesson plans and it made for some really good debate.

How did it say they had definitely say they'd proven ghosts don't exist?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    My Dad had a great ghost encounter.

He was walking home many years ago, and came across his next-door neighbour Mr Jenkins outside his house.

"Hi Mr Jenkins,"

He responded by nodding and raising his hat - Bit strange as usually he was very friendly according to my Dad.

Anyway, a few seconds later, my Dad got home and spoke to his Mum.

She suddenly stated: "You never guess who died last night? - Mr Jenkins. Police rang me this morning to say he died in his sleep."
  • Options
    I totally forgot about this hilarious thread! So glad it's back, keep them coming.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

How did it say they had definitely say they'd proven ghosts don't exist?
    Apparently they were able to recreate so many paranormal phenomena under lab conditions. Led them to believe it was all in the mind.
  • Options
    I have just remembered the only other paranormal event that happened to me, again with my wife present. The day after my Mum died, I was sitting with my wife in our back lounge. There came two knocks on our front door, so I got up to answer; there was nobody there. I thought nothing of it at the time until I spoke to my brother and sister prior to the funeral. Apparently on the same day as my experience they both heard two knocks on their door. My sister was staying at a hotel in London and my brother was still on holiday in South Africa. I know these things occurred; whether they are tricks played by the brain I don't know. Only on both occasions somebody else verified it.
  • Options
    Hmmm, that just seems to explain paranoia or the feeling of being watched but not the actual sighting of ghosts, inanimate objects moving by their own accord or whispers and talking when there is no body around ? sounds like we are getting closer to explaining it all though.

My own experience - was when my little fella was around 18months old. He was a nightmare to try to get to sleep. So me and the missus were laying on the bed trying to coerce him to sleep.

When we all fell quiet - suddenly someone muttered "go to asleep...........".

Confused me, as it didnt sound like the missus. I asked her "did you say that...." . With that she jumped up screaming "no........." and ran out the room leaving me to grab the little fella and follow her quickly.

The only other living thing in the Bedroom was my dog Charlie, who I thought had been lying at the bottom of the bed as I could feel his weight on the bed and his warmth on my feet.

Funny thing is.........when I got up, he was laying on the floor next to the bed...................

• Options
    A lot of adamant non believers on here. Some funny posts to lads.

It doesn't seem possible but we can't rule out the paranormal altogether.... However, on the other hand, we can't assume it is paranormal just because we can't find a logical and scientific explanation.

@J BLOCK‌ your story is really cool. I'd love an old creepy house like that. Here's my story.....

I was staying with my grandma and just got into bed and turned off the light. After lying there for around a few minutes, I became aware of breathing in the corner of the room. Now, you obviously can't confuse the sound of breathing. It was clear exhaling I could hear.

I tried to pass it off as water/air travelling through the pipes/radiator. Then I distinctively heard three footsteps coming towards the bed....

I turned round and turned on the light. There was nothing there but I was left with an awful feeling of something knowing that I knew it was there....and it felt as though it took pleasure in the fact I was freaked out!

I slept the rest of the night with the light on and I don't easily scare!!

I still try and think of an explanation but the other half of me knows what I heard.