Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jamie O'hara

Just seen him do a little feature interview on SSN, explaining how he isn't a celebrity (think we knew that mate) and how he is willing to take a pay cut to leave Wolves. Was impressed with him when he was in the Prem, a while ago now granted yet he's still only 27. Would you take him at the valley? I'm sure a lot of championship managers would have seen that interview or been notified by it and wouldn't be surprised if he moves somewhere soon.

Comments

• I thought it was reported that he wouldn't take a wage cut. How long has he got left on his contract ? sounds as if his contracts running out and he needs a new one, so now he's willing to take that wage cut.
  • Rumours were that he was on 40K+ a week...

He'd be looking at quartering that for his next contract I'd have thought.
  • I always liked him at Spurs and would not say no to him coming on trial . Rather like our own Johnnie Jackson he possibly stayed there too long .He is also a local lad although I believe his family are Millwall rather than Charlton fans.

However , he has played little competitive football over the last 12 months, so has he lost his fitness levels in that time?
  • Do we know why Wolves aren't playing him, and why they weren't even playing him in League 1?

He certainly looked a good player once upon a time, doesn't mean he still is now though.
  • He is CM aint he, last position we need with

• What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Really? I still believe we are light in CM. Certainly need another midfielder.
  • Isn't he meant to be a bad egg? Pretty sure Wolves fans have been desperate to get rid for some time.
  • Stay well away. Shocking attitude

With Cousins, Jackson Buyens, Moussa and Jack Munns as backup I think other positions are more of a priority
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2014
    I know jamie and his family well ok he has said some stupid things, but kenny jacket as also treated him like shit it works both ways , jamie wanted to play did wot was asked of him and jacket still left him out.
  • Looked useful as a younger player but now at 27 he has arguably gone backwards, whether his fault or otherwise. Should be getting into his prime and now saying he will take a wage cut from his over inflated 40k a week doesn't really impress me.

With Cousins, Jackson Buyens, Moussa and Jack Munns as backup I think other positions are more of a priority
    If we play 4-4-2 maybe but if we move to 4-3-3 we could do with another.

I'm also not convinced by Munns.
  • bit of TLC and he will be a good player again.
  • hmmmm, would say dont bother but it would soley depend on the players attitude.

• As a CM he does offer something different because he is left footed which is rare . I have felt that over the last three seasons Arjaderic , Hollands and Jackson have improved our shape and balance as a team when they have played centrally .

Next season JJ is the only experienced left footed central midfielder on the books, so I think there would be a place in the squad.
  • Started out as left back and left winger so versatility always a bonus.
  • edited July 2014

He is CM aint he, last position we need with

Seriously?

Jack munns isnt no where near good enough for the championship yet,

Jacksons legs are starting to go, can drift in and out of games

Cousins is only young and could learn something of O'Hara considering his experience in the premier league

Buylens is new and has to adapt - whos to say he will adapt or even be a good player?

Moussa IS NOT a cm, he is a LW/CAM so can not include him

So to say our midfield is fine based on your assumption of players is way off in my opinion

O'Hara would be a good signing if we can get him fit, if not we need another cm
  • Really depends how much budget is left for squad improvements but if we could take him on a reasonable wage as well as getting a GK and potentially another big forward and loaning/selling Piggot and Church to help then he'd be a good addition for us.

As it stands though the squad is looking pretty decent in CM as long as Cousins and Moussa are going to be used centrally.
  • tbh, it is a lot of work. we have a lot of other problems right now and he should go to a club like bournemouth where there is less going on and it is more relaxed. that said, if he was put in a place where he was happy, regardless of huge wages, he would probably show some of hte earlier promise. under powell maybe but i sense we are a bit more ruthless now. not sure if this is good or bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing wrong with Jamie o hara quality lad and player
  • Confirmation from a local paper Wolves would give him a free and 'help' in terms of the financial arrangements.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/07/17/jamie-ohara-can-leave-wolves-for-free/

But if he does not want to be seen as a 'celebrity' then this story from last month does him no favours at all.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/danielle-lloyd-twerks-husband-jamie-3675704

The catering team are looking for staff! ;)

• Started well at Wolves - hence they took him on permanently on a massive contract - but has barely played for the last four seasons.

Just looked it up actually, he played two games last season and a total of 56 games in the previous three seasons - that is a very bad sign.

Clearly had some talent but has been on mega dough at Wolves for four years, so does he still have the hunger to come down to Charlton and be on 30% of what he was earning there?

I doubt it.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Looked useful as a younger player but now at 27 he has arguably gone backwards, whether his fault or otherwise. Should be getting into his prime and now saying he will take a wage cut from his over inflated 40k a week doesn't really impress me.

even a quarter of his wage would be too much. It shows where English football has gone wrong when such players are on 40k, if real, shocking if he was really on a quarter of that occasionally playing in League 1 tbh. no wonder we buy foreign players as our own best youngsters do not have the hunger to compete anymore when such riches are doled out to unproven players.

Dont agree at all:
    Cousins - still young but feel he will be a valuable asset this season.
    Jackson - legs going, don't want to rely on him too much this season.
    Buyens - Looks promising but new to the League.
    Moussa - an attacking CM, certainly wouldnt want him too deep.
    Munns - really? Seen him a few times and hasn't impressed me enough to say I want him even playing 10 odd games this season.
    I feel we definitely need a new CM, someone like O'Hara would be good depending on wages.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Looked useful as a younger player but now at 27 he has arguably gone backwards, whether his fault or otherwise. Should be getting into his prime and now saying he will take a wage cut from his over inflated 40k a week doesn't really impress me.

even a quarter of his wage would be too much. It shows where English football has gone wrong when such players are on 40k, if real, shocking if he was really on a quarter of that occasionally playing in League 1 tbh. no wonder we buy foreign players as our own best youngsters do not have the hunger to compete anymore when such riches are doled out to unproven players.
    It was a prem wage though, not as if he got offered 40k in league 1.
    Not saying it's not too much. When he signed for Wolves, he was regarded to be a good little player. 25k would certainly have been sufficient though.
  • Here's the problem with what O'Hara is saying.

He may be a footballer, not a celebrity.

But his wife, certainly thinks she's a celebrity...
  • edited August 2014
    Another example of how his exploits of the last week have not helped his cause if he wants to be taken seriously as a footballer and not a celeb . Wolves have now taken his squad number away .

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2014/08/01/jamie-ohara-told-he-no-longer-holds-a-squad-number-at-wolves/

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/jamie-ohara-breaks-silence-following-3946162
  • Nothing wrong with Jamie o hara quality lad and player

still stand by the quality lad opinion ?