Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Thought I would start a thread for horse racing in general. (tips and comments here please ;-))
Cracking days racing at Ascot today.
Taghrooda won the King George, 4 in a row now (on all 4 times but never 20-1 like Newmarket).
Targeted for the Arc, would be a cracker if Australia turned up.
Then fated for retirement. Wonder if she will be covered by Frankel.

Comments

• Gosdens other horse ran a blinder in KG. Big chance in St. Leger.

Eagle Top

Eagle Top

Paddy P 8/1 Ladbrokes only 5/1

Eagle Top

Paddy P 8/1 Ladbrokes only 5/1

Connections say unlikely to go for St Leger

• 1st day of glorious goodwood and 2nd day Galway festival today.
    Will toormore win?
  • I have been following jockey Danny Brock - and i am well up over the last 2 months... up and coming jockey who is bringing home a few donkeys at high e/w prices! Not to mention his recent winners!

I read that if you put a quid on each race of his, you would be £56 up. I heard that it is rare for a jockey to be in profit like that.
  • I have been following jockey Danny Brock - and i am well up over the last 2 months... up and coming jockey who is bringing home a few donkeys at high e/w prices! Not to mention his recent winners!

I read that if you put a quid on each race of his, you would be £56 up. I heard that it is rare for a jockey to be in profit like that.

Can't find him, whens he riding next?

Can't find him, whens he riding next?
    Only ride today in one minutes time - My Sebastian in the 2.40 Yarmouth

• i was on what a party phew. But cheers for that. Like to follow up and coming jocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• He is on a 100/1 tomorrow...
  • 1st day of glorious goodwood and 2nd day Galway festival today.
    Will toormore win?

Mugged on the line. blablabla.
  • Crap first day, 3 2nds and 2 thirds.
  • Kingman a cert today surely!!
  • Wonder if she will be covered by Frankel.

No sure - they share the same Grandsire (the great Saddlers Wells) so might be too close.

Wonderful filly though (I backed her!) and would love to see her take on Australia and Sea the Moon in the Arc. On that note, what a stunning season for Sea the Stars to have Taghrooda and Sea the Moon.
  • Just like posh people wait on their servants one meal a year, jockeys ought to race with horses on their backs once a year too.
    Just saying.
  • What a race, what a ride. Slight hesitation and then bang!

Kingman is a very, very good horse.
  • bobmunro said:

What a race, what a ride. Slight hesitation and then bang!

Won well but not a great race. Kingman weight allowance was way greater than the winning distance.
  • bobmunro said:

What a race, what a ride. Slight hesitation and then bang!

Won well but not a great race. Kingman weight allowance was way greater than the winning distance.
    I think the weight for age allowance is about right, and he hated the going. Not a great horse, but very good.
  • smiffyboy said:

Made in Rio
    Observational / red Galileo
    Kingman
    Tupi
    Principal equation
    Little shambles

Ouch.........Not so glorious Goodwood Smiffyboy. Slight profit but only 2 short priced winners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Here is an odd stat that has made a profit of £1082.34 to a £10win stake since 2009,back stall 2 blind in every race at Pontefract.Also Patternform is good free site to use if you like using ratings with your selections.
  • edited July 2014
    seth plum said:

Just like posh people wait on their servants one meal a year, jockeys ought to race with horses on their backs once a year too.
    Just saying.

Zzzzzzzzz just snoring
  • Had van Percy at 9/1 yesterday and fancy Brown Panther tomorrow.
  • Here is an odd stat that has made a profit of £1082.34 to a £10win stake since 2009,back stall 2 blind in every race at Pontefract.Also Patternform is good free site to use if you like using ratings with your selections.

Out of interest Kish, or anyone else who has used it, what has your success rate been like with Patternform?
  • I have a question then. If a horse carries more weight, then it is a bit harder to run as fast as they could with, lets say, no weight on their back at all (I think it is called handicapping)? Now greyhounds don't carry more than a jacket on their backs, so horse racing would be faster without jockeys I reckon.
  • So what's the question ?
  • The question is why bother with a little person sitting on the back of the horse if they go faster carrying less weight?