Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Southend - Result: 1-0 (Gudmundsson)

edited July 2014 in General Charlton
Any snippets, updates, team news etc from the behind closed doors friendly today, stick em in here.

According to Phil Brown, Southend are playing their strongest team

Comments

• 11.00 am KO in case anyone was planning to go.

Doesn't behind closed doors mean no spectators?

Plenty of spots where you can look into the ground

Yes but people may want to watch from the Green Chain Walk or blag their way in.

I bowled up and said in my best Essex accent "I'm Steve Kavanagh" and got in no problem. : - )
  • Nothing on twitter, is it really an 11am ko? Might take a stroll over with the boy in his pram.
  • Plenty of Charlton fans paid probably in excess of £50 including travel arrangements to see 2 friendlies in the UK, and we didn't score a goal or look like scoring one...now we play one behind closed doors.. lol
  • Perhaps they want to spare us anymore pain!
  • Henderson; Solly, Fox, Ben Haim, Bikey; Gudmundsson, Buyens, Jackson, Harriott; Pigott, Vetokele
  • @CAFCofficial: Charlton starting XI: Henderson; Solly, Fox, Ben Haim, Bikey; Gudmundsson, Buyens, Jackson, Harriott; Pigott, Vetokele. #cafc
  • Bob seems to like Joe Piggott ...
  • Sponsored links:

• First team.
  • Southend hit the post
  • kafka said:

First team.

Really? No Wiggins, Cousins, Morrison?

Subs: Cousins, Church, Wiggins, Nego, Wilson, Morrison, Tucudean, Gomez, Pope, Munns.
  • Southend twitter are doing updates.
  • That bench hi-lights the need for another striker. If he wants out, I hope we can shift Reza quickly.

Very surprised to see Piggot infront of George.
  • WSS said:

kafka said:

First team.

Really? No Wiggins, Cousins, Morrison?

Subs: Cousins, Church, Wiggins, Nego, Wilson, Morrison, Tucudean, Gomez, Pope, Munns.
    I meant with subs. Not Charlton XI

• edited July 2014
    Approaching the 30 minute mark and it is a good contest. @dan_bentley1 called into action a couple of times and has made top saves. 0-0.

southend twitter
  • 43: Brilliant block from Luke Prosser to deny Charlton a certain goal. 0-0 as we approach half-time.
  • The Addicks were on top in the first half. @piggy_35 coming the closest, crashing an effort off the underside of the bar #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• The Addicks were on top in the first half. @piggy_35 coming the closest, crashing an effort off the underside of the bar #cafc
  • @CAFCofficial: The Addicks were on top in the first half. @piggy_35 coming the closest, crashing an effort off the underside of the bar #cafc
  • edited July 2014
  • Southend United @SUFCRootsHall · 53s

HT: Charlton Athletic 0-0 Southend United. A good half from Blues, more than matching the hosts so far.

Seems there's two different games going on!
  • To quote New Order, We Want Goals.

• SUB: George Tucudean replaces Joe Pigott at the break #cafc
  • Shrew said:

SUB: George Tucudean replaces Joe Pigott at the break #cafc

Me thinks Big Bob still can't decide between these two for Brentford..
  • Shrew said:

SUB: George Tucudean replaces Joe Pigott at the break #cafc

Me thinks Big Bob still can't decide between these two for Brentford..
    Yeah at the moment it could be a toss up between Pigott / George partnering Vetokele or we'll play a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 with Vetokele up top alone
  • still no moussa