Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Relegation candidates being promoted - could it be us?

6 of the last 7 years, teams that started the season as potential relegation candidates with the bookies have been promoted, could this year be us ?

13/14 - Burnley
12/13 - Palace
10/11 - Swansea
9/10 - Blackpool
8/9 - Burnley
7/8 - Hull

Comments

• Could be anyone!
  • No

This. Highly unlikely.
  • No i don't think so but it is football so you never know..........
  • Perleez, NOT Millwall.

Its all about momentum (probably the most overused word in Sport)
  • vff said:

No

This. Highly unlikely.
    I don't think you can 'this' to a yes or no question. I don't think the interweb allows it.
  • All about work rate and having the lads to stick the ball in the net.

Burnley sold their best player at the start of last season and added David Jones and Tom Heaton on frees. Sean Dyche got them playing with such intensity all season with Danny Ings and Sam Vokes taking their chances they deserved to go up.
  • vffvff
    edited July 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

vff said:

No

This. Highly unlikely.
    I don't think you can 'this' to a yes or no question. I don't think the interweb allows it.
    I just did. Its a football forum, I can do more or less what I like, as long as it not racist, inciting violence, or upsets Henry or AFKA, (or is over critical of Roland).
  • vffvff
    edited July 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

vff said:

No

This. Highly unlikely.
    Secondly. To be ultra pedantic to outmatch and point the flaw in your attempted pedanticness. 'This' equates to no. In any case a yes or no question was not necessarily indicated in the question, as it is not a poll !
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

vff said:

No

This. Highly unlikely.
    Thirdly what the hell is the 'interweb' ?
  • vffvff
    edited July 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

vff said:

No

This. Highly unlikely.
    Fourthly. Southend 0 Charlton 0 (HT) with something approximating the first team.
  • 6 of the last 7 years, teams that started the season as potential relegation candidates with the bookies have been promoted, could this year be us ?

13/14 - Burnley
    12/13 - Palace
    10/11 - Swansea
    9/10 - Blackpool
    8/9 - Burnley
    7/8 - Hull

It COULD be us but it won't.

A host of imports without any experience of our level, be happy with mid-table
  • VFF and Jimmy 85, bit of an unnecessary ding dong
  • vff said:

JiMMy 85 said:

vff said:

No

This. Highly unlikely.
    Secondly. To be ultra pedantic to outmatch and point the flaw in your attempted pedanticness. 'This' equates to no. In any case a yes or no question was not necessarily indicated in the question, as it is not a poll !
    Is that a 'yes' or 'no' or a 'this' ??
  • This for me is one of the most exciting things about the coming season. Most years I have a feeling for how good or not we will do but this time round I don't have a scooby. I can easily be persuaded that we will finish anywhere between fourth and bottom. For what it's worth my guess is about 13th.
  • Reckon Brentford will surprise a few people this season, a bit like Bournemouth did.
  • Sponsored links:

• It could all click into place and we could go up via the playoffs. Or it could be a total disaster with Peeters gone by Christmas.

The Charlton bit of my brain says 'expect the worst, it's easier that way'. So it's a 'no' from me and I'll be happy with mid-table with the occassional entertaining home game (i.e. the odd shot on target every 20 minutes, more than 2 forward passes strung together, even a bit of running off the ball to offer options and not being beat by Millwall at home).

If Reza's going we're light up front and still seem to lack creativity in midfield. Still I'm more optimistic than I've been for a few seasons now.
  • edited July 2014

6 of the last 7 years, teams that started the season as potential relegation candidates with the bookies have been promoted, could this year be us ?

13/14 - Burnley
    12/13 - Palace
    10/11 - Swansea
    9/10 - Blackpool
    8/9 - Burnley
    7/8 - Hull

so the last time Burnley got promoted the following year Blackpool did, maybe it will be there year

• In the 99 out of the last 100 years, really crap teams seen as relegation candidates have been relegated.

Could this year be us?

• If Reza's going we're light up front and still seem to lack creativity in midfield. Still I'm more optimistic than I've been for a few seasons now.

'Lighter' up front. If Reza stays we're light up front!!

• Football will be the winner in the end.
  • This for me is one of the most exciting things about the coming season. Most years I have a feeling for how good or not we will do but this time round I don't have a scooby. I can easily be persuaded that we will finish anywhere between fourth and bottom. For what it's worth my guess is about 13th.

I'd go with 12th/13th at the moment but narrow the range to between 9th and 15th. We just don't know how this team will gel and we don't know if M.Duchatelet might give the squad a serious top up in January?
  • vff said:

JiMMy 85 said:

vff said:

No

This. Highly unlikely.
    Fourthly. Southend 0 Charlton 0 (HT) with something approximating the first team.
    But what does a 1-0 win mean!? Or are we only reading too much into it when we win?
  • Is Football... Anything can happen, Id be surprised if it did happen though and think we'd be better equiped going up next year more so than this
  • DeeBee said:

vff said:

JiMMy 85 said:

vff said:

No

This. Highly unlikely.
    But what does a 1-0 win mean!? Or are we only reading too much into it when we win?
    Shush DB, vff's taking his medication.

I reckon mid table obscurity is our level this year. BUT, it's a funny ole game Saint, a funny ole game...
  • Doubt we will get relegated, promoted no way. If you compare our squad to some of the teams in this division that are expected to be in top 6, our squad is considerably weaker. But as others have said in football anything can happen and I could be wrong.