Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your Top Five.....Most disliked music artists/bands

It could be for their music or for their personality ( or lack of).

Give me your top five and i will collate the Charlton Life top 10 from your lists in a few days. (Try to avoid going down the pop pedophile route).

for the record , here are mine in no particular order.

Justin Bieber

Kanye West ( could be any rapper to be honest)

Spice Girls

U2

Annie Lennox

Comments

• Will i am
    Abba
    Queen
    Robbie Williams
    David Guetta
  • Marilyn Manson
    Justin Bieber
    Celine Dion
    Korn
    Psy
  • Queen
    U2
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Will I am
    Muse
  • edited July 2014
    Justin Bierber
    One Direction
    The Wanted
    The Vamps
    Robin Thicke
  • bieber

the smiths

one direction

james arthur (what a joke)

olly murs

basically anyone else affiliated with simon cowell
  • Justin Bieber
    Slipknot
    James Arthur
    Korn
    Chris Brown
  • Genesis
    Phil Collins
    Mike and the Mechanics
    Queen
    Spurs feat Chas and Dave
  • Unless you are 5 years old, its a given that anything spawned from Cowells X factor or Britains got Issues or BBC's The Voice is utter drivel.

So from those that aren't from the above before they became well known.

The Smiths - My god what a dirge. Possible the worst band ever bar none.
    Will I am - The only thing creative he has ever done is to put 2 spaces in his name. A tit.
    Take That - Ooh 'Take That', shit band name, shit band.
    Puff Daddy - Blathering on about god knows what over a sampled track by a credible artist. Music nicking charlatan. (this could be any rapper who does the same)
    DJ's - Wake up people, its a bloke playing someone else's music with their hand in the air, its not talent, you can do it at home. Robbing a living in the music world.

Thats better.
  • Jive bunny
    N dubz
    tiny tossa
    erasure

anything from Pop Idol
  • Justin Bierber
    One Direction
    The Wanted
    The Vamps
    Robin Thicke

if i could have 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Justin beiber
    Justin timberlake
    Britney Spears
    East 17
    NKOTB
  • Queen
    Queen
    Queen
    Queen
    Queen

Never got them, despite a lot of friends being fans. Don't like any of their music and reach for the off switch every time something comes on. Dross!
  • Greenie said:

Unless you are 5 years old, its a given that anything spawned from Cowells X factor or Britains got Issues or BBC's The Voice is utter drivel.

Will I am - The only thing creative he has ever done is to put 2 spaces in his name. A tit.
    Puff Daddy - Blathering on about god knows what over a sampled track by a credible artist. Music nicking charlatan. (this could be any rapper who does the same)
    DJ's - Wake up people, its a bloke playing someone else's music with their hand in the air, its not talent, you can do it at home. Robbing a living in the music world.

Thats better.

Pretty much most good DJ's now produce their own music and include many of their own tracks in a set, or they also play 'live', which means they create music there and then using different music production programmes on a Mac.

And don't knock Take That either!!
  • edited July 2014

Greenie said:

Unless you are 5 years old, its a given that anything spawned from Cowells X factor or Britains got Issues or BBC's The Voice is utter drivel.

Thats better.

Pretty much most good DJ's now produce their own music and include many of their own tracks in a set, or they also play 'live', which means they create music there and then using different music production programmes on a Mac.

HaHaHaHa, please!
  • edited July 2014
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Thats better.

HaHaHaHa, please!
    I'm not talking David Guetta or Avicci here, I'm talking proper DJ's.

Maybe it's just something us Under 35's understand ;-)
  • Miley Cyrus
    Nickelback
    Blood on the Dance Floor
    5 Seconds of Summer
    Iggy Azalea

Basically anything with a clearly faked image that's milked for profit.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Thats better.

HaHaHaHa, please!
    I'm not talking David Guetta or Avicci here, I'm talking proper DJ's.

Maybe it's just something us Under 35's understand ;-)
    Yes indeed VG age has an awful lot to do with it, and I am indeed an old fart its true, however, making noise on a Mac and pushing the button on pre recorded Mac noise in a live environment at the right time isn't music or talent, never will be. I could take you into a studio and you could be sampling and making the music you aspire to within an hour or two.

And that is one good reason why I am pleased to be old. We embrace the mediocrity in all things now.

However I will all temper the above with, because you like it how can I say its crap. So enjoy it before you get old. ;o)
  • Coldplay
    Will i am (it's William you twat)
    Genesis
    Yes
    The Smiths
  • Beyonce
    Miley Cyrus
    Beiber
    Slipknot or any of that sort
    I like most of Kanye West's old stuff but the new stuff is garbage and his personality is as bad as his terrible dress sense. Claiming the big clothing brands don't work with him because he is black (whilst dressed in some sort of gimp mask on stage) makes him sort of ultimo wally.
  • Kanye
    1D
    Bieber
    Will I Am
    Sam Smith
  • Sponsored links:

• Frank Sinatra
    Oasis
    The Smiths
    Shirley Bassey
    Take That

...for starters
  • Well, as for the first time in one of these threads we have been directed not to choose a certain person (even though you could choose as a solo artist someone who made one solo single and 75 albums as a singer in a band), I shall leave the number one slot blank.

1)
    2) Maria Carey - representative of a whole array of artists who think that warbling makes them a decent singer.
    3) One Direction - representative of all boy bands.
    4) R. Kelly - representative of all "R n B" and MOBO type acts.
    5) Morrissey - because he f**ked up my mates silver wedding/50th birthday celebration.

I basically agree with Greenie, except about The Smiths. Replace them with Jodeci and you are about home and dry...

• Miley Cyrus,
    James Blunt,
    Barry Manilow,
    Neil Diamond,
    Elvis Presley
  • Nickelback
    The Beatles
    Atari Teenage Riot
    Boy Bands
    Anything Simon Cowell touches.
  • seth plum said:

Frank Sinatra
    Oasis
    The Smiths
    Shirley Bassey
    Take That

...for starters

Seriously? All legends!
  • Oasis
    The Smiths
    U2
    Madonna
    Rihanna

Was in a bit of a dilemma for this one. So wanted to put in Ted Nugent but it wouldn't have been for musical reasons. Despite him making turgid 'rawk' for braindead rednecks I actually despise him for being so massively pro-hunting and for being such a blinkered supporter of the NRA. Someone should inform him it's not 1860 anymore.
  • Queen
    Genesis /Collins
    Buble
    Elton John
    Streisand

• Never really got into Radiohead.
    The Fugees were a waste of time.
    I liked UB40 until they started doing reggae for the masses.
    Not a fan of rap so fiddy cent (his ilk) can go on my list.
    Boy bands like Blue generally annoy me.
  • Queen
    Kiss
    James Blunt
    Tina Turner
    One direction
  • ditto many on here. miley, queen, bieber, puff, buble etc. etc., but for me, one blight on the planet tops the lot:
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    ted nugent
    err did i say TED NUGENT