Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Andre Bikey - signed on 2yr deal+++

Signed on a 2 year deal.

Good signing.

Comments

• good player, will work well with morro. Some good additions, coming through.
  • Pleased with this. Experienced and strong. Plus he gets a whole pre-season with us, which for a man of his size is quite handy.
  • edited July 2014
    Looks like someone who could return the rough style of play back to Danny Shittu if he plays against us for Millwall...

Always someone we seem to struggle against whenever we play them
  • Look forward to seeing him play.
    Welcome Andre.
  • Can't remember seeing him play before, but it's another body so good news. Good luck, Andre.
  • Charlton are his 14th club !!
  • Good signing, appears to be a mean, experienced defender suited for the Championship, exactly what we need
    Asked two people about him when he was on trial with us, two Reading fans, said he was a solid defender, made a few mistakes but they weren't colossal ones, and rarely happened

He kinda reminds me of Cort
  • Looks like a decent signing to me this one.
  • I remember him scoring, and being sent off, in a televised game against Reading at The Valley...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2014
    Very pleased with that signing, not too old and gives us some steel at the back.

Also has experience in this country which should be a plus for those fans who think we play a completely different game to the rest of the world. ;-)
  • Will be a good partner for TBH.

Welcome to the Club.
  • edited July 2014
    His Tall and big nd fucking hard Andre Andre, His Tall and big nd fucking hard Andre Andre, his tall and big and fucking hard his safe as houses on his guard, ANDRE BIKEY' Charlton's number ?
  • Will be a good partner for Morrison TBH.

Welcome to the Club.

Fixed it for ya
  • Agree with what @ValleyGary‌ says, if we are getting him on board i'm glad its been done early as i suspect he still needs a bit of fitness work.

A proper unit, and if fit that will be a squad asset in this league. Worry if exposed, he could be potentially be clumsy, left for dust, but i'll admit i don't really know enough of him in the last few years to make a real judgement.

He is a signing though that has properly played in this league, which is important.
  • Tall and lean? I was quite pleased with this signing, but then I saw clips of him playing....looks like he needs some much needed fitness work if you ask me. Also needs to lay off the pies. Another ex-reading player. Lets hope he's better than the last one we signed from there....
  • He's the sort of big lump we always struggle to play against (see Shittu). Centre forwards won't enjoy trying to win headers against him and he can bully the smaller forwards out of games. Good signing.
  • Agree with what @ValleyGary‌ says, if we are getting him on board i'm glad its been done early as i suspect he still needs a bit of fitness work.

A proper unit, and if fit that will be a squad asset in this league. Worry if exposed, he could be potentially be clumsy, left for dust, but i'll admit i don't really know enough of him in the last few years to make a real judgement.

He is a signing though that has properly played in this league, which is important.

Agree with the point that i wouldn't want him getting exposed, but with this experience i think he's the type of player that can read the game and has good positioning sense.

Gives the impression he's not the type of centre half a striker would like playing against.
  • Good. Welcome Andre
  • edited July 2014
    Very pleased. He's a right tough nut & we don't have enough of them. I expect him to get sent off at least once this season, but what the hell. He'll take no prisoners.
  • Sponsored links:

Welcome to the Club.

Fixed it for ya
    D'oh

No, both are first ball centre halves. Better to have a footballer (like Dervite) alongside them and a screening CM (poyet last year, cousins this) in front as neither pacy.

But you need big lumps at this level to counter the other teams big lumps so all good.

Hope the Steve Morison rumours turn out to be true.
  • edited July 2014

Will be a good partner for Morrison TBH.

Welcome to the Club.

Fixed it for ya
    D'oh

No, both are first ball centre halves. Better to have a footballer (like Dervite) alongside them and a screening CM (poyet last year, cousins this) in front as neither pacy.

But you need big lumps at this level to counter the other teams big lumps so all good.

Always rated Spanner Morrison who was the big difference in their promotion team from L1 and that memorable 4-4 home draw. Now that, along with Gudmundsson signing, would make my pre season :-) Welcome Andre, hopefully no one will be telling you to get on your Bikey after a decent pre season to full fitness :-0
  • braydex said:

Tall and lean? I was quite pleased with this signing, but then I saw clips of him playing....looks like he needs some much needed fitness work if you ask me. Also needs to lay off the pies. Another ex-reading player. Lets hope he's better than the last one we signed from there....

Luckily we are only 6 days into preseason then ...
  • Well I'd say not much more to be done. Cywka, bailey and another cb should do us.
  • Pretty much echo the sentiments above.

We seem to be making some shrewd signings under BP. Long may it continue.

GK, LM and target man next please.
  • Good, solid, experienced centre half. Can't help but think we might need some pace though. Morrison and Bikey wouldn't be the quickest partnership in the world.
  • Happy with this. Only concern is his temprement. He has a very short fuse!

Welcome to the Club.

Fixed it for ya
    D'oh

Henry, what are the Steve Morison rumours ? Would love to get him. Not much finesse with Morison but works his nuts off. Would be a good foil for the likes of Venekole, Reza etc
  • Happy with this. Only concern is his temprement. He has a very short fuse!

So did Killer, can't beat a bit of fire in the belly although you don't want get sent off and concede a penalty for a double whammy :-0