Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

French Air Traffic Controller Strike

Might already be a thread on this but what an absolute bunch of tossers. I am due to fly out tomorrow night for a stag do in Ibiza, some of my mates have already experienced 24 hour delays. We all have our troubles and have to stand up for ourselves in the workplace, and admittedly I haven't read about the issues, but so many hard working people are going to suffer here. The family holiday or trip abroad is a week or two weeks to look forward too, only for it to be ruined by a bunch of whining numpties....

Not good, not fair.

Comments

• I am due to fly to Nice / Monaco tomorrow - looking a little precarious
  • What would be the point of a strike if it doesn't impact on someone?
  • So what flights does this effect ? My son is flying to Corfu on Saturday.
  • PL54 said:

I am due to fly to Nice / Monaco tomorrow - looking a little precarious

It would be quicker to walk.

They'll call it off once France gets knocked out of the World Cup.

• What are they striking over?
  • If it's the French, the croissants were probably stale in the canteen on Monday...
  • I was due to fly to Spain tomorrow for a short break. Doesn't look like that's happening as the equivalent flight for today was cancelled.

As a commuter in London I'm not a fan of those that strike anyway!
  • The pilots should be able to find their way over France by following the smoke from burning sheep.
  • Supposed to be flying out from Stanstead tomorrow for a stag do, equivalent flight was also cancelled today. Not looking good!
  • The French air traffic controllers are trying to protect their right to control air flights over their country. The EU peeps want a uniform and 'harmonised' system which does not recognise national borders. If you support UKIP , then presumably you will support this strike as well.
    I just love the French, the workers stand up for each other. We used to do it in the dim and distant past.
    Of course it's really shitty for all you poor sods looking forward to your holidays, but overall I still believe that the ordinary workers have rights and I just wish we were less supine and cowering.
  • Sponsored links:

• The French air traffic controllers are trying to protect their right to control air flights over their country. The EU peeps want a uniform and 'harmonised' system which does not recognise national borders. If you support UKIP , then presumably you will support this strike as well.
    I just love the French, the workers stand up for each other. We used to do it in the dim and distant past.
    Of course it's really shitty for all you poor sods looking forward to your holidays, but overall I still believe that the ordinary workers have rights and I just wish we were less supine and cowering.

Fair reason, and no I don't support UKIP.
  • What is the definition of "Ordinary Worker"

• I respect the EU for wanting a harmonised system and I respect the French air traffic controllers for using their rights to strike. I say that sitting at Leeds airport waiting for a flight to Dubrovnik (already delayed an hour). Going onto Sarajevo btw for the WW1 commemorations at the weekend.
  • Some flights are getting really stung with delays of up to 4 hours, others seem to be less affected (this is Gatwick btw, where I am flying from tomorrow night). Picking up on @stilladdickted's point, does this mean that if the EU were to harmonise and have a greater degree of control over flights in/out of France, there would be job losses?

This I can understand, just not sure what a uniform and harmonised national system would mean.

Hopefully those that were caught at the start of it have moved on to final destinations now, and the airlines are getting on top of it
  • How long is this meant to go on for?
  • Greenie said:

What are they striking over?

Just been on EasyJet website and it says till Monday (30th)... the day am due to go Switzerland
  • PL54 said:

What is the definition of "Ordinary Worker"

If the top bosses pay is going up at 20 times what you are getting, then I would call you an ordinary worker :-)
  • That is because they are the top boss.
  • MrOneLung said:

That is because they are the top boss.

Not so, take a look at the stats.

• Sponsored links:

• Been stuck at Heathrow since midday, 6hour delay..
  • Strike over ladies and gents. Bon voyage.
  • Coques
  • edited June 2014
    But the Belgians have taken over, striking that is! Disruption is not expected to be severe as Belgium has less to-ing and fro-ing at airports.