Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rebekah Brooks cleared of all charges - Andy Coulson guilty

2»

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Cameron is outrageously humilated here as he was warned about this before appointing him and Coulsen then got through certain security checks which you would like to think would be impossible given the stench around him and News International.

However it's not something the voting public appear to care too much about so any highlighting of this fact by Labour will be accused of "politicking" no doubt.

Ultimately he was a wrong 'un with the rest of Fleet St but the arrogance of Gideon and Cameron assumed it wouldn't matter... And even though he's been found guilty in the bigger picture I guess depressingly they'd have been proven right.
  • Brooks got the Mitchell brothers to have a quiet word with the jury :-)
  • Hi guys, my first post never thought it would be on Rebekah Wade (as I knew her when she was single). As a chauffeur I drove her 2 or 3 times around 12 years ago. Dont know if she is guilty or not- (but I can make an informed guess.) Wish I could repeat one of the stories surrounding her- from my driver colleague's is really interesting.
    She was very charismatic and powerful, when she spoke to you, at that moment you felt like the most important person in her life.
  • aliwibble said:

I don't quite understand how you can be found guilty of a conspiracy charge on your own? You have to have at least two people to make a conspiracy surely?

Whatever it is highly embarrassing for David Cameron.

The conspiracy was with a bunch of journos who've already plead guilty IIRC
    Just read that. Makes much more sense now...
  • Nice of the Sun to report the story without a hint of bias...

• I am a sure if she had been guilty, which she quite clearly is not, there is absolutely no question that her position of power and prestige would have in any way influenced the judicial process. I am also absolutely convinced that in no way was Coulson allowed to take the entire responsibility for any misdeeds of which both he and she were guilty. That would be unthinkable. I therefore for one wish to join with the nation in celebrating this fantastic victory for justice and balance.
  • Lovely headline in the good old Sun...

And Rebekah wasn't only Coulson's boss, she was also his lover for a while. But no way at all that she might have known what he was up to.
  • He was tapping something and it weren't her phone.
  • But it has to be proved - we can't have a legal system that can do otherwise. Mind you, we can also use our brains and say that the sun might be best keeping quiet on this. I'm sure Cameron will be more careful what he says about her- he will probably try to say as little as possible.
  • But it has to be proved - we can't have a legal system that can do otherwise. Mind you, we can also use our brains and say that the sun might be best keeping quiet on this. I'm sure Cameron will be more careful what he says about her- he will probably try to say as little as possible.

It can just be their little secret.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's something as simple as historical luck. Coulton was editor at the wrong time, Brookes was editor a few years before. The same practices occurred across both regimes. Only one person was not innocent, and everyone who read the celebrity suite must have been an editor if they believed legal means were used for info.
  • The establishment has fed Murdoch a bone.
    Coulson is the fall guy needed to vindicate public anger.
  • Unbelievable.

The problem for Brooks and Murdoch now is that Coulson is going to start singing like a Canary because there is no way known that he is going down alone for this whilst the Murdoch's and their favored daughter Brooks walk free.

This is not over by a very long way.
  • Have the Conservatives AND Labour learned from this? I would put money on them not.