Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• thenewbie said:

Jon Snow is one of the weakest links acting wise I have to say and Fat Sam is just irritating. Ygritte is the only thing really worth watching the Wall stuff for more often than not...

Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow make the show, if those two gets killed off its going to be a shit show.
    Well, I agree with half - Tyrion is awesome. Though I can see at least one of them dying because everyone seems to be dying right now and we've a long way to go. The whole Wall storyline is good, just the Jon Snow actor letting the side down for me, especially when nearly everyone else is knocking every ball out of the park acting wise.
  • thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

Jon Snow is one of the weakest links acting wise I have to say and Fat Sam is just irritating. Ygritte is the only thing really worth watching the Wall stuff for more often than not...

Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow make the show, if those two gets killed off its going to be a shit show.
    Well, I agree with half - Tyrion is awesome. Though I can see at least one of them dying because everyone seems to be dying right now and we've a long way to go. The whole Wall storyline is good, just the Jon Snow actor letting the side down for me, especially when nearly everyone else is knocking every ball out of the park acting wise.
    i have no idea what you're on about with his acting, but i guess it all goes down to taste
  • thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

i have no idea what you're on about with his acting, but i guess it all goes down to taste
    Fair enough. Still a damn good show we can agree on that!
  • Actually wasn't impressed by last nights episode.

Completely agree, found it rather disappointing.

• cafcpolo said:

Actually wasn't impressed by last nights episode.

Completely agree, found it rather disappointing.

Enjoyed it, although a bit Lord of the Rings

As Ygritte would say "you know nothing" ;-)

• edited June 2014
    Doesn't beat the episode of Tyrion's speech but certainly one of the highest quality.
    Great battle for television, almost on par with the likes of Helms Deep from LOTR. Apparently by far the most expensive episode to make.

I find Jon Snow a little gormless, not one of my favourite characters.

Cant wait for more Tyrion!
  • The scythe bit was quality! But I was frustrated no Tyrion storythis week.
  • This week's episode was to get the wall up to date and I think there will be two major things next week, to set up the next series.
  • Easy on the spoilers, @scabbyhorse
  • Sponsored links:

• Jon Snow in the TV series is a bit one dimensional (and he's not in the books). Not sure whether it's because of the actor or because the show just hasn't spent enough time on the wall to allow the characters to develop.
  • In the books a lot of time is given to his thoughts. Bit tough to convey that on screen I would guess

Next episode some of you should be shitting little crisps of joy and excitement
  • Also in the books he is a bit better at standing up to the idiots in the Nightswatch..
  • Thankfully Rose Leslie (Ygritte) is going to be in the new series of Utopia starting in July. WALLOP!
  • Wow just wow, so so much in one episode, just glad I never read the books.
  • Brilliant finish to the series. Bring on April 2015.
  • What a way to go.
  • It was a shame about Brienne and the Hound - it wasn't the best of first dates but I reckon they could have made a nice couple.
  • That was a fine bit of television.

Tyrion doing the business was how I imagined it from the books but now they need to slow shit down a bit and let neckbeard catch up, they've already left tons out from the books
  • Sponsored links:

• Thoroughly enjoyed that episode. So much to come. Have decided to read the books now as I can't wait a year!!!
  • When you have read all the books you'll most likely still have I wait a year for the next instalment :) he likes keeping people on the edge of their seats
  • Great last three episodes. I haven't read the books - is the TV series faithful to them?
  • Valley11 said:

Great last three episodes. I haven't read the books - is the TV series faithful to them?

over all yes, but they change some things. Like Ygritte dies before the attack on the wall from the North, also The Hound dies from a wound he picks up in an earlier skirmish and Brienne is nowhere near him.

So glad they let Tyrion kill his day on the bog though, one of the best moments in the books that.

• Cant wait till next year!
  • Good episode but felt it was very similar to previous season finales in that they try to cram in far too much as they feel they need to show a quick recap of what everyone is doing by the end of the episode. Will be interesting to see what they do with the next season seeing as how the next 2 books are structured
  • Good episode and series only criticism is that dragon woman has done nothing all series other than build an army which is getting a bit dull now.

Great fight side with the hound, surprised he lost though!
  • nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo The Hound cant be gone.

like the Fire Witch Woman ---yes please
  • Thoroughly enjoyed that episode. So much to come. Have decided to read the books now as I can't wait a year!!!

Personally I would recommend anybody read the books, but I understand it is sometimes hard to start from the beginning having seen the TV show. They do however develop the characters more, and it might help you get a better understanding of the story lines and characters. If you want to start the books in line with the TV series, read the end of book 3 as they missed something out in the TV series after the 'red wedding' - but after that I think book 4 will be broadly in line.

Then you'd be more than welcome to jump on the other thread 'those who have read the books up to date' and wonder like the rest of us where it is going next. Personally I am very impatient for the 6th book.....