Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Freddie Starr arrested

Just been arrested at around 6pm. No surprise really.
Shame about the timing, as it was his girlfriends bed time :-)

Comments

• There's a shock!

• Freedie Starr ate my........ i'll leave it.
  • edited November 2012
    Though he is probably guilty, I still love this moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nI_5AoHvc
  • Can I tell my story now?? :) if I promise to wrap it around a big "allegedly"?
  • I wish he'd tried that before Ali's brain had turned into mush; he'd have been ironed out
  • Okay... Well, as I said, I used to know FS's touring Bass player, and heard a number of stories from him in the early 90s. So this is 'allegedly' in so far as I'm retelling it as it was told to me by someone who saw it first hand.
    Freddie used to have a lot of attention from Groupies, and he got a bit sick of it. So it was seen as a jolly jape for him to let them think they were in there with him, and tell them to go up to his room and get undressed. But just before they did, he'd spin them a story about him actually being very shy, and requested they got undressed and then look out of the window, so they wouldn't see him naked.
    Quite a few of them went along with this, and sure enough, once they were naked and looking out of the window, a naked figure would come up behind them and do the do..
    Then, after about 5 minutes, Freddie Starr would walk under the window they were looking out of and wave to them! The road crew took it in turns to double for him.
    So - nothing to do with underage stuff, but what might've been seen as a laugh in the 70s/80s was still unconsensual sex. If true, there's been quite a few women who've sat on this, probably out of embarrassment, for many years. Whether that's what he's actually being questioned over, I can't say.
  • Did the window not have a reflection so the Groupies would see who was behind them ?
  • I understood it that the window was opened, so they'd see him waving at them. You'd have to wonder at how anyone would be that gullible...
  • So they would just bend over an take it? No words or nothing said? Damn...
  • Sponsored links:

• I really do hope that he's not involved.
  • Didn't he do well
  • PopIcon said:

Didn't he do well

Your mistaking Freddie with Brucie.

• edited November 2012

Okay... Well, as I said, I used to know FS's touring Bass player, and heard a number of stories from him in the early 90s. So this is 'allegedly' in so far as I'm retelling it as it was told to me by someone who saw it first hand.
    Freddie used to have a lot of attention from Groupies, and he got a bit sick of it. So it was seen as a jolly jape for him to let them think they were in there with him, and tell them to go up to his room and get undressed. But just before they did, he'd spin them a story about him actually being very shy, and requested they got undressed and then look out of the window, so they wouldn't see him naked.
    Quite a few of them went along with this, and sure enough, once they were naked and looking out of the window, a naked figure would come up behind them and do the do..
    Then, after about 5 minutes, Freddie Starr would walk under the window they were looking out of and wave to them! The road crew took it in turns to double for him.
    So - nothing to do with underage stuff, but what might've been seen as a laugh in the 70s/80s was still unconsensual sex. If true, there's been quite a few women who've sat on this, probably out of embarrassment, for many years. Whether that's what he's actually being questioned over, I can't say.

Pfner Pfner

Do you reckon he came round as a pantomime dame and shouted 'Behind you'!
  • IF he has been arrested and charged we should wait for the case. Hate it when you are arrested and left to suffer for months, then go to Belmarsh and the Judge says, after a day and a half of the hearing "This case should NOT have been before me". Some poor sod loses everything whilst waiting for the case.
  • He's been released.
  • MOG - it's always a "poor" sod because those with money can invariably avoid it.
  • Addickted said:

He's been released.

Thread title says "Arrested".

(CS, personal experience, lost everything down to Lewisham Council).

• i hear ya mog
  • Addickted said:

He's been released.

Thread title says "Arrested".

(CS, personal experience, lost everything down to Lewisham Council).

He was arrested though, wasn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes he was arrested & has now been released on bail.
  • So the title of the thread is accurate then. What's the problem?

Sorry, not getting it.
  • Sorry, thought He was "helping police with their enquiries".
    Wrong again.
  • Ah, gotcha.
  • CPS have decided not to prosecute, due to lack of evidence I believe (something like that).

However, I just saw him on the news and the bloke looked a complete & utter wreck.

I think I feel sorry for him, but do I ?

It's oh so confusing.
  • I feel sorry for him. 18 months and no charge . This shouldn't be allowed to happen . He looks on deaths door .
  • He looked an absolute wreck.
  • Couldn't believe how much he'd deteriorated in 18 months or so.
  • When accused publicly of being a nonse and knowing the whole world is labelling you as such regardless of any proven evidence it's going to affect you
    I was disgusted at how he looked in comparison to the man 18 mths ago

There is something seriously wrong when the only answer to such things from the ob and cps is we have decided not to prosecute due to lack of evidence

The injustice of that is as bad as nonsing in the first place

There will be some who still will say no smoke without fire and he is guilty yet the poor Cnut won't ever be able to say he is not guilty and stop saying it

Those who accused him should be sent to jail and named and shame d
  • When accused publicly of being a nonse and knowing the whole world is labelling you as such regardless of any proven evidence it's going to affect you
    I was disgusted at how he looked in comparison to the man 18 mths ago

There is something seriously wrong when the only answer to such things from the ob and cps is we have decided not to prosecute due to lack of evidence

The injustice of that is as bad as nonsing in the first place

There will be some who still will say no smoke without fire and he is guilty yet the poor Cnut won't ever be able to say he is not guilty and stop saying it

Those who accused him should be sent to jail and named and shame d

I understand your view and, although I don't necessarily agree, I get what you mean in the main.
    However, your last line is an awful thing to say. Apart from the fact that you are saying almost the exact opposite to what you just said, what effect do you think it would have on genuine victims of rape or sexual assault if they thought they might be jailed and named if there wasn't enough evidence?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!