Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Terry

Comments

• England always fail on the big stage, whoever they play it will be the same old story, I'll be following Reza and Iran, come on you Iranians.
  • edited May 2014
    He turned his back on international football so can f right off. That is my thoughts before even judging him as a person.

• edited May 2014
    MrOneLung said:

He turned his back on international football so can f right off. That is my thoughts before even judging him as a person.

lol
  • When he wears the england shirt his performance rarely drops. His is the best English centre back.

People make mistakes but his major mistake is not recognising that his behaviour is of a twat.

He hasnt learnt.

I dont think "I shouldnt have banged my mates ex" is a consideration within terrys morale compass.

Or "I shouldnt have called anton ferdinand a black c""t".

Hes a nasty piece of work but attempts to brush it under the carpet.
  • edited May 2014
    When it comes to England I've got no real emotional connection with the players unless they played for Charlton or it's David Beckham

I know it shows lack of morals, but i only care about the final score, not who's representing us.
  • I know it shows lack of morals, but i only care about the final score, not who's representing us.

Well seeing as you're a father (going by your avatar), maybe you should.

• I know it shows lack of morals, but i only care about the final score, not who's representing us.

er I'm talking morals in a footballing sense. i want him to play for england, not marry into my family.

Bit much

er I'm talking morals in a footballing sense. i want him to play for england, not marry into my family.
    High profile footballers, like it or not, are considered role models and kids mimic and look up to them. Don't you think it would be a better world for your children to grow up in if they didn't see scum bags being rewarded ie playing for their country? What kind of example does that set?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2014

I know it shows lack of morals, but i only care about the final score, not who's representing us.

High profile footballers, like it or not, are considered role models and kids mimic and look up to them. Don't you think it would be a better world for your children to grow up in if they didn't see scum bags being rewarded ie playing for their country? What kind of example does that set?
    If you went into a school and asked a kid about JT, they would say he's Chelsea captain and great footballer not a bloke who shagged his mates wife.

Kids are into popular culture, a place where you are very unlikely to find someone squeaky clean.

If you went into a school and asked a kid about JT, they would say he's Chelsea captain and great footballer not a bloke who shagged his mates wife.

Depends on the age of the kid.

Gerrard beat the hell out of a DJ when he was pissed with his mates because the Dj wouldnt let him change the music. England captain.

Kids are into popular culture, a place where you are very unlikely to find someone squeaky clean.
    You know what I have never understood about all this? It's bullshit.Not only was Perroncel Bridge's ex, she has always, repeatedly denied that she and Terry had an affair. She refused to speak to the press at first, so they had a field day but she's stood by her story and ultimately both the Mail on Sunday and NOTW had to publish this: 'On January 31, we published some personal information about Vanessa Perroncel concerning an alleged affair with the footballer John Terry. We have since been informed she would have preferred this to remain private and it was untrue in any case. We apologise to Miss Perroncel for any distress caused.' That's a court-ordered apology which states that the claims made by the papers were untrue. Yet still people go on saying that Terry had an affair with Perroncel. It's bizarre.

You know what I have never understood about all this? It's bullshit.Not only was Perroncel Bridge's ex, she has always, repeatedly denied that she and Terry had an affair. She refused to speak to the press at first, so they had a field day but she's stood by her story and ultimately both the Mail on Sunday and NOTW had to publish this: 'On January 31, we published some personal information about Vanessa Perroncel concerning an alleged affair with the footballer John Terry. We have since been informed she would have preferred this to remain private and it was untrue in any case. We apologise to Miss Perroncel for any distress caused.' That's a court-ordered apology which states that the claims made by the papers were untrue. Yet still people go on saying that Terry had an affair with Perroncel. It's bizarre.
    Well i never knew that. Why did JT not pursue an apology?
  • Odds are 1/4 that he'll find a way to join the trophy presentation

Well i never knew that. Why did JT not pursue an apology?
    I have no idea. I only found this out by accident a while ago when I googled Wayne Bridge to see what the hell had happened to him. I was surprised to see that and it seems to have flown under the radar of just about everyone on the planet. Really weird situation
  • Dave2l said:

Gerrard beat the hell out of a DJ when he was pissed with his mates because the Dj wouldnt let him change the music. England captain.
    I'm not sure this is quite true either!
  • Plaaayer said:

Dave2l said:

I'm not sure this is quite true either!
    Its the basis of the story. Gerrard went to court for it. The exact detail of the events, only stevie g knows that.

bollox it's not true. If it wasnt true terry would've sued the crap out of all the toilet papers.

or maybe, just maybe, you could be the role model for your child and lead by example rather than use footballers on the telly, raise them with a good moral compass and be able to trust them to make their own opinions on people, music, films, politics and religion (but definitely not football teams :)) and trust yourself that you've actually raised your child properly.

I doubt a 0-9/10 year old really knows or cares about a grown man sleeping with his best mate's missus, let alone as sees that as something to live up to.

maybe it's because i'm younger than a lot of people on here but you do wonder if some people were even children once. They maybe naive in a lot of ways (obviously) but they're not stupid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't like the bloke but we'll have a much better world cup if him and Cahill are the two centre backs.

Off topic but Cahill has really impressed me when I've seen him this season
  • Cahill under mourinhos management - improved.
  • Cahill has been great this season, but I still haven't forgiven him for being turned so easily by Kenny f***ing Miller :-)
  • or maybe, just maybe, you could be the role model for your child and lead by example rather than use footballers on the telly, raise them with a good moral compass and be able to trust them to make their own opinions on people, music, films, politics and religion (but definitely not football teams :)) and trust yourself that you've actually raised your child properly.

Its not an 'or' but an 'and'....of course parents should be role models for their kids hence my original point. Part of this imo should be setting an example by not supporting or displaying apathy towards someone just because they can play a soddin' game quite well.
    If an MP had done what John Terry has done they would be rightly disgraced in public and their career finished....yet we've got people on this forum and no doubt all over the country calling for Terry to be called up to represent his country and for what? Cos he can kick a ball about to a higher standard than most. It's not right....it just isn't.

I doubt a 0-9/10 year old really knows or cares about a grown man sleeping with his best mate's missus, let alone as sees that as something to live up to.

12-16 year olds will though.....and we haven't even got onto Terrys racism history.

• So in 4/5 years time when my little girl is old enough, and she comes home from School and says "dad I heard a Cheryl Cole song today I really want her album' am I to say no sorry, she beat up a toilet attendant in what was called a racist attack 10 years ago?? I can't be financially rewarding a woman with a criminal record?
  • You should be protecting her from Cheryl Coles music anyway cos its shit....
  • I never said he was a good role model!!! I said he's a good centre half!!!!

bollox it's not true. If it wasnt true terry would've sued the crap out of all the toilet papers.

Er, ok, pretty sure I'll go with the fact the newspapers were forced to apologise and accept their claims weren't true rather than your working knowledge of what John Terry would and wouldn't do in a situation. The 'story' broke in January 2010 and it wasn't until October 2010 that Perroncel got her apology. Maybe he just didn't want to drag it out any further
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Defending John Terry makes my skin crawl. Kids don't know what he's done? Then they should be told. Saying he's a decent role model because kids don't know any better is pathetic.

- Insulting American tourists after 9/11
    - Assault and affray
    - P*ssing into a pint glass in a nightclub
    - tells my father in law he shouldn't have to remove his shoes for security at the airport as 'we are not pakis'.
    - revealed to be gambling £40k a week
    - forcibly pushes a colleague of mine over in a bar because 'the cunt was in the way'
    - Car sex with 17 year old (one of nine affairs)
    - sent off amid accusations of racially abusing Ledley King
    - Paparazzi attack - broke the guys scooter
    - Parking in a disabled bay while England captain
    - refuses to take part in an interview with another colleague because he 'doesn't like the look of the cunt asking the questions'
    - Is caught offering secret tours of Chelsea for cash
    - The Wayne Bridge affair
    - Racist abuse of Anton Ferdinand

And that's probably not even close to all of it. If you can put this stuff aside and support him joyfully, then that's a sad, sorry state affairs in my opinion.

Have to agree with you and @Draizetrain. In a way I hate listing a load of someone's mistakes because I'm far from perfect, but these people are in the spotligh and a lot of the above incidents have been well documented. We elevate professional footballers to superstardom and of course kids know. As said earlier, kids shouldn't be "brought up" by footballers, but we can't help that they look to people like John Terry as role models. His public chastisement (including losing the England captaincy) was in my eyes correct as the message needs to be put out there that this kind of behaviour shouldn't be accepted because he's on 200k a week and is on the telly, particularly because children and young people look up to people like him.